It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Athene's 'Theory of Everything' - A new take on neuroscience in relation to quantum physics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DrFaustus

I forgive your inability to see past what you already know.

Peace, K

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

Thanks and will get back to your thread later as I have to leave home now. I see you incorporate Dennett's view of parallel processing in the brain producing as sense of "I". I have his book Consciousness Explained which I find hard to read due to his (or should I say their
) writing style. He uses the word salient all the time and goes off on a tangent for my taste a lot.

At first I thought he was full of it, but I think he's on the right track.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kluute

I forgive your inability to see past what you already know.

Peace, K

OK the vid was well put together and visually great but he really isnt saying anything new. Not only that he isnt really saying it very well.

In my opinion this is a good attempt to make people aware of some of the emergent issues in cognitive science and quantum mechanics (which wasnt done so well) but glosses over some issues in an attempt to prove a conclusion that is at best a nice conjecture.

I forgive your ability for uncritical acceptence.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

There are two ways to look at this.

- If i were a "consumer", i would see this as a video to watch, consuming the information it provides me. This is a majority of humanity. In this context, the accuracy of the information in the video is paramount, as it is being "uploaded" as a consumable.

- if I were a "thinker", i would see this as a catalyst for thought and additional philosophical endeavors. This is a very narrow segment of humanity. In this context, the accuracy of the information is barely noticable as a concern. The person watching the video is thinking while watching, and is taking mental notes of key phrases and concepts to investigate further. The video is not consumed so much as indexed for reference.

Knowing that humanity treats information in these two ways (and a couple others) on most occasions, perhaps the viewpoint should be more to correct any misinformation for those who require the corrections? And then those of us who are not consumers of information can find inspiration for further lines of thought by reading your statements?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Brilliant statements, for me the video simply gave me additional philosophical concepts which relate to everyday life and self.

Thanks
K

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Knowing that humanity treats information in these two ways (and a couple others) on most occasions, perhaps the viewpoint should be more to correct any misinformation for those who require the corrections? And then those of us who are not consumers of information can find inspiration for further lines of thought by reading your statements?

That was the intention of my first post apologies if it didnt come out that way. Please reread it in light of your comments....

Originally posted by DrFaustus
Wow! Where to begin?

The first half was basically a bad rehash of a number of lectures given by Daniel Dennett who is the Fletcher Professor of Philosophy and Director of the Center for Cognitive Studies at Tufts University. In particular this lecture...

www.youtube.com...

(sorry have worked out embedding yet)

The explaination of cognative dissonance was horrible. I suggest of you are interested in this even Wikipedia will give you a better introduction.

Also the split brain stuff was very weak, again if you're interested look up Roger Sperry here's a starter link for you www.nobelprize.org...

As for the physics half of the video I had to stop watching.

I honeslty could not watch the physics part all the way through, I will endevour to watch it again though and give a better critique.

edit on 26-6-2012 by DrFaustus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
No sorry I just cant.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Thanks for the contribution Dr.

Peace, love and unity

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

Just watched some of this video...so far so good...although someone on Youtube changed the name of the video clip to Quantum Physics and the Huma Brain.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
God is in the neurons and out of it. God IS the neurons And everything else because God is omnipresent (at all places).

God is the energy always giving which creates the world.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join