It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern education system: Help us Obe wan, your our only hope.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Well I was reading an article in an online newspaper about some kid in the U.K. who was given an assignment from his school to pretend he was "dead", or more to the point was terminaly ill and had to make arrangements for his upcoming demise.

'Dear mum, don't cry but I'm dying'

www.dailymail.co.uk...

cnews.canoe.ca...

The school doesnt look too bad, well not like some of the ones I attended anyway .

www.thediscoveryacademy.co.uk...

Then theres this incident in Australia.

Touch too much: pupils protest at school ban on contact

www.theage.com.au...

And a summary of the American system for us all to contemplate.

Kids at New York's Abraham Lincoln High School told me their teachers are so dull students fall asleep in class. One student said, "You see kids all the time walking in the school smoking weed, you know. It's a normal thing here."

abcnews.go.com...

Final summation Sir Ken Robinson seems to have it all worked out. check this short film out!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
What the kid wrote in the first one, (the letter that he was dying) was troubling. I think it's good the school did it.

"Mom, I know I've been a pain at the best of times."

Doesn't seem like the kid has been instilled with much worth or value. The parents probably need to reevaluate their actions and how it affects the kid's self esteem.

The other schools are nonsense.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Its just the way we are going now a day. anyone who relays on a school to educate your childen is not a very good parent in my eyes school is only good for kids to socialize.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I suppose a decision has to be made... do we actually want schools to raise kids... or do we?

Either way, boundaries must be mutually acceptable and the prime objective must be to create a partnership for the benefit of the child.

All the rest is intrusive, assumes ineptitude, and precludes freedom.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
It's scary and funny at the same time. However, it's not really a good joke though it's quite a creative one and am sure it's a help with essay writing skills.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

top topics

join