It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which makes sense here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
"If you do not vote, you have no right to complain''?
or
"If you do vote, you don't have the right to complain".

I personally think it should be the latter. I mean...... I'll admit it sadly. I fell for the Obama tripe in 08 after Paul dropped and voted him in. I'm SO SO sorry for that. But, as I chose to allow him my vote, I really can't complain on how he's screwed our country up with the rest of the government.
I sent him in there.

Pete over there who did not vote, can complain all he wants. It's not HIS fault Obama is in.

Doesn't that make more sense than saying "If you don't vote, you have no right to complain'? Or is it just me? I think if you vote em in and they suck, hey, you did it. You can't really complain. It's like if Jimmy throws a stone and breaks a window. It's his fault for doing it. He can't complain when he gets in trouble. Jason is there with Jimmy but doesn't throw any stone. He can complain cuz he can't play with Jimmy anymore. I'm tired. THAT may make no sense. Still. I'm sure you get the gist.

What do you all think?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
I fell for the Obama tripe in 08 after Paul dropped and voted him in. I'm SO SO sorry for that. But, as I chose to allow him my vote, I really can't complain...

You can most certainly complain if the politician in question lied to you about policies before being elected.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

I think that it dont matter thoses days. am from the uk and i fell for the CHANGE he was banging on about i mean it don't affect me but i thought the same... JFK has to be the last good man for your country.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I think if you don't vote...it sends a loud message of....either I don't approve and support any candidate; because I don't believe in any of them... or I am apathetic about it all.

If you do vote... you are saying... you definitely support that candidate and if they mess up...someone you believe in...I think you do have a right to complain...because they were your hope...and they didn't deliver.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
the system has been broken and the is one old tired man to fix it. I dont think anyone should have to vote, and i dont think anyone should take sides because of it... personal sides, i mean. People stop hiring certain types of people because of this very thing. Its ugly

if you dont vote, it might mean you're fed up, which i think alot of people are. why bother. we wouldnt count anyways. all or nothing i think

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
You can voice your opinion regardless. Does anyone read the declaration of independence and constitution anymore?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Here is the thing. You voted. You took part in the process, so you have every right to complain about the man you elected into office.

Those non voters don't take part in the system, and their abstinence causes the whole system to skew. A person standing on the outside of the system, unwilling to take part, has no right to complain about said system.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I don't vote and i do complain about the people who do.
The ones who vote are screwing it up for the rest of us.

Voting does NOTHING and the people who get voted in do NOTHING to properly represent the people,they represent corporations...not you or I.
So...I complain about the people who keep the charade moving along.

Are people really that dumb??
The whole Ron Paul thing is a great example of the charade that just keeps moving along while the media says...nothing to see here folks...move along.
The sad thing is...most people think the charade is legit and buy whats on the "news".

edit on 22-6-2012 by DrumsRfun because: people are diseased...keep watching the news.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

What if I wrote in my candidate, I voted and still have the right to complain.
We must vote, we must also realize there is more than hust two choices.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The only sensible observation I can make to your question...is that nothing makes sense anymore these days.

Right is wrong, wrong is left, up is down, the poor are poorer, the rich are richer..and you shouldnt complain if you dont vote.

Does any of that make sense???? The world has become like a comic book that has no last page...

new topics

top topics

join