It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just saying hello

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Hi, I've been on the site for a long time but only ever read other peoples topics. I've wanted to post a few of my own recently though, but I've got to get in some replies before I can do that. I'm interested in pretty much any fringe/mysterious topics. It's sort of funny that I get a lot of news from here before the mainstream picks it up along with a lot of things they don't like talking about.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by wingdflame

Welcome to ATS mate I hope you have fun!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I am glad you are here and I look forward to more posts and threads from you. I get my news from ATS too. It is really interesting the difference between the news we get on ATS and the MSM.

I'm just saying....

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS enjoy the ride....

Des

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Welcome wingdflame

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you will find numerous threads to choose from to add your thoughts to. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send & receive messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Hi there wingdflame. Welcome to ATS. You should get those replies in no time.
What kinds of topics are you most interested in? I have seen a triangle craft and so UFO's and any activity surrounding them is curious to me. I like to follow the 9/11 conspiracy threads which are getting curiouser and curiouser and there's the political back and forth which can prove to be a rigorous debate. Everyone's usually pretty respectful though which is cool. Regarding the media...I saw an interesting program on PBS that claimed news outlets and magazines used to be "news driven" with editors choosing what information was newsworthy, current and important. Now instead of "news driven" they are "people pulled" based on what people seem to want. Instead of politics or world news people want talking cats, dogs playing piano and "Charlie bit my finger." I just noticed this weeks PEOPLE magazine cover is a collage of animals.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hi! nice to meet you.Did you close eye see colorful sight?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
well hello there! I've been quite a lurker too. glad you're here :]

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Thanks, I'm really interested in occult conspiracy / religion, I've done a bit of study in those areas. I'm of the opinion that most of human history has been lost and there has been other lost advanced civilizations. I'm really more of a spiritual rather than religious person, but I really don't identify with a lot of new agers. I read some on 9-11 and I think we were lied to. I had a UFO experience myself and it really scared the crap out of me at the time, I can understand why people would be skeptic, but there is a difference between knowing and believing. What (who) it was I can't be too sure but something weird is happening. The media is one business I would never want to work in, along with politics, medicine and business, they have all been hijacked so I'm staying away. Most people get their news on yahoo or the net anyway, and when I do occasionally watch the news they just regurgitate what I saw on the internet earlier.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

We talk about what they aren't allowed to, at least until 'they' take the internet away from us. lol

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FantastikNostalgik

I really like reading everyone's posts and I realized the only reason this site keep going is because people contribute and share information. Some people here seem like they spend all of their time sifting through information and posting things here. I didn't want to post anything here for fear of it being openly on the internet, but I'll be posting something eventually.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Also I was wondering where everyone gets their avatar pictures. I tried to post one but it wasn't the right size, and I couldn't find the ATS ?folder? your supposed to load the picture into. Am I supposed to be an active member to post an avatar picture?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingdflame
reply to post by newcovenant

Thanks, I'm really interested in occult conspiracy / religion, I've done a bit of study in those areas. I'm of the opinion that most of human history has been lost and there has been other lost advanced civilizations. I'm really more of a spiritual rather than religious person, but I really don't identify with a lot of new agers. I read some on 9-11 and I think we were lied to. I had a UFO experience myself and it really scared the crap out of me at the time, I can understand why people would be skeptic, but there is a difference between knowing and believing. What (who) it was I can't be too sure but something weird is happening. The media is one business I would never want to work in, along with politics, medicine and business, they have all been hijacked so I'm staying away. Most people get their news on yahoo or the net anyway, and when I do occasionally watch the news they just regurgitate what I saw on the internet earlier.

True, true. I think we are on the same page on many of these issues conspiracies and theism's, not that we'd have to be but it doesn't hurt. Enjoy wordboarding the best surf on the internet.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingdflame
Also I was wondering where everyone gets their avatar pictures. I tried to post one but it wasn't the right size, and I couldn't find the ATS ?folder? your supposed to load the picture into. Am I supposed to be an active member to post an avatar picture?

You can choose your own picture off site or from your files but I think you have to first minimize the photo or image. Maybe these threads will help you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-7-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Yeah, I get my news here too. Welcome to the club, mate. I am Swan (shakes hand)
What's interesting you?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Hello to you, too!

new topics

top topics

join