It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Chuck Grassley: White House claims about document hand-over are 'hogwash'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
story from The Hill

GOP senator: White House claims about document hand-over are 'hogwash'

The White House has issued a statement through spokesman Jay Carney that insists that all documents related to fast & Furious have in fact been handed over to the House committee !!!!!!!!!!

BuBuBu BUT.

Then why didn't Eric Holder and Barack Obama simply say THAT Before

Holder said he was refusing to provide certain documents (under oath)

And why did Obama assert executive privilege over the documents if the Committee already had them ??????

And why has Nancy Pelosi been shouting and stomping all week about how poor Eric is being so mistreated ????

Well they ain't fool'n Senator Grassley, He says all that is "Hogwash"

Who are they trying to fool now ?

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) said comments made by the White House claiming the administration has given Congress every document related to Fast and Furious are “hogwash.”

Grassley’s remarks come as two more senators on Thursday joined the ranks calling for Attorney General Eric Holder to resign over his handling of the botched gun-tracking operation and refusal to give Congress related documents, which spurred a House panel to vote this week to hold the nation’s top cop in contempt of Congress.

White House spokesman Jay Carney on Thursday vehemently defended President Obama’s decision to assert executive privilege over the documents and said the administration has given Congress everything related to Fast and Furious.

“Every document related to the Fast and Furious operation has long since been provided to congressional investigators,” said Carney to reporters.

“Every piece of documentation that relates to the operation itself, if the interest here is in the operation, how it came about, its origination, how it was approved, why such a flawed tactic was employed, that has been provided to congressional investigators.”

Oh YES YES of course !!! Jay Carney on Thursday vehemently defended President Obama’s decision !!

vehemently defended

That statement alone rings the fire bells

edit on Jun-22-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

edit on Jun-22-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Pardon me for noticing, President Obama, but your administration is looking more like Richard Nixon's every day.

If he's clean he should order all documents released and appoint a special prosecutor..... and make some heads roll.

Otherwise, keep lying and stonewalling.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Should he say "I"m not a gangsta"?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Should he say "I"m not a gangsta"?

Yes, then when he is boarding the helicopter for his final flight (a' la Tricky Dick), he can flash a gang sign and hold up a big roll of bills for the cameras!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
As if the documents they already have don't reference some that are missing
It cracks me up how this gets called an election year tactic when Holder has brought it to this point
The damage control has caused more damage then the investigation

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

The damage control has caused more damage then the investigation
reply to post by hangedman13

Again, very reminiscent of Tricky Dick and the Watergate scandal.

What the heck are they hiding???

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This is a very good tactic on the WH's part. Very good. The MSM has stayed far away from this story so most people will not realize that statement is a HUGE deflection!

The documents that executive privilege was used on are the ones after the scandal came to light! Many people are missing that.

While lawmakers have already conducted an investigation of the operation, they are seeking to determine who in the Justice Department knew about the tactics used in Fast and Furious and when. They are also trying to find out whether any officials tried to cover up their knowledge of the tactics once Congress began investigating.

The oversight committee is asking for everything after February 4, 2011. This is what the WH doesn't want getting out, it could show who knew what when.

Last year, a Justice Department official told lawmakers in a letter that ATF had not ever “sanctioned” or otherwise knowingly allowed the sale of assault weapons to a straw purchaser who then transported them into Mexico. Ten months later, the Justice Department withdrew the letter, acknowledging the botched operation.

That episode has heightened suspicions among Republican lawmakers, who have demanded that the department hand over the records of any deliberations it had about Fast and Furious after the Feb. 4, 2011, letter.

Source

For people not paying attention, this move will make the WH look golden.

OiO

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

For people not paying attention, this move will make the WH look golden.
reply to post by OneisOne

You are right.

This is where the news media needs to do its job and ask..... "What is the White House hiding?"

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
This is where the news media needs to do its job and ask..... "What is the White House hiding?"

And instead they are saying... "There is no scandal".

However, some viewers may have been surprised to hear Kornacki tell fill-in host Michael Smerconish that he didn’t consider Fast and Furious, the failed federal gunrunning operation that has killed hundreds of Mexican citizens and U.S. Border Agent Brian Terry, to be a “scandal.” He started by saying if it’s a scandal, it belongs to the “right,” blaming – who else – former President George W. Bush.

“I think the origins of this one are really important to kind of keep in mind here. And that is, this is a scandal that really began on the right, to the extent it’s a scandal at all, which I don’t really think it is,” he said of Fast and Furious.

Source

I'm just speechless.

OiO

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

“Yeah. And, you know, look, I mean, you know, it can be uncomfortable to talk about this stuff, but I think you have to consider the possibility that there might be, sort of, you know, there might be an aspect of race and of culture to that. Because you have the Justice Department – Well, first of all, you have sort of, you know, the caricature of Obama that sort of gets sold on the right a lot is that he’s this, sort of, secret black radical and he’s looking to, sort of, um, you know, he’s looking to sort of, maybe, take away rights or take away, you know, take away this, sort of, you know, money from, you know, from white people and redistribute it and that sort of thing,” said Kornacki.
reply to post by OneisOne
Source

I appears that they are not opposed to using the race card.... yet again.

new topics

top topics

join