It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil corporations now export 5 times the American crude oil they did 9 years ago,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
You want to know how all those billions of dollars in subsidies to the oil corporations are working out for America?

In 2002 it was recorded that oil corporations exported approximately 108,000 barrels of American sourced curde oil to foreign countries. Last year in 2011 that number amounted to more than 560,000 barrels of American crude, in the face of the energy crises this country has gone through:

How much in tax breaks, subsidies, have we given to oil corporations all in the hopes that they'd focus on American needs? Well it's estimated we allow for $10 billion in subsidies to oil corporations on a yearly basis, money we could be investing toward research over viable alternatives like shale oil:
ecocentric.blogs.time.com...

Another estimate between 2002-2008 alone gave us $72 billion in subsidies made to oil corporations:
domesticfuel.com...

So what is the solution from the drill baby drill crowd? Do we continue to allow oil corporations to drill American lands for every drop of American crude oil and just hope that they'll have the heart to care about the needs of Americans? Don't be silly. Oil corporations are private businesses at the end of the day, they only care about the highest bidder, not issues of national concern. To insist we solve the issue of cost at the pump for families by giving more subsidies to these oil corporations to drill for more American crude, with no strings attached, is naive to say the least. The evidence is all around us, is anybody willing to own up to reality?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Perhaps instead of assuming it is being drilled perhaps you may want to consider if this is crude that was extracted from Iraq, shipped to the US, put back in the ground and now taken out again just so it looks good.

This is called blowing up a country, stealing it's oil and receiving stolen goods!

As long as it looks legit it's Ok!

P

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
You can't be this stupid, I mean come on.....

If you actually believe corporations care about anything other than money.... The entire mindset of a corporation is "how can we make more money."

I really hope you're not as stupid as your post implies.

edit on 22-6-2012 by litterbaux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I can't believe how clueless you are! I ran some searches thru google for you.

You are angry about 10 billion a year given to the oil companies.

533 billion spent on welfare

I am interested in your argument over this.

Also, do you drive a car? If you do, you're a hypocrite.

Google it.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
And just for fun I'll throw my 2 cents in. You suggested fracking? wow. Where do you live? I assume not in Arkansas or Pennsylvania. But I do think your original message is correct. WTF is going on...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

I can't believe you are comparing social programs to corporate welfare.

The banker bailouts of 2008 were 700 billion by themselves, in which the CEOs gave themselves huge bonuses out of OUR tax money. No one on this site seems to care when the redistribution of wealth goes from poor to rich. I guess fascism is your ideal form of government.

Authorizing the United States Secretary of the Treasury to spend up to US$700 billion to purchase distressed assets, especially mortgage-backed securities, and give cash directly to banks. Both foreign and domestic banks are included in the program.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 22-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
I can't believe how clueless you are! I ran some searches thru google for you.

You are angry about 10 billion a year given to the oil companies.

533 billion spent on welfare

We're not talking about welfare now are we now? We're talking about oil subsidies and how apparently ineffective they are to solving the cost of gas. You do know this is the peak oil forum right? Why not instead of derailing the thread, address the OP. I'm also more concerned about real solutions towards easing the cost at the pump to families, as opposed to throwing other families out in the streets.

Also, do you drive a car? If you do, you're a hypocrite.

Why would I be a hypocrite? I pay for that crude oil, while it's expense, it's all thats available, I really don't have a choice. Apparently oil corporations get tax cuts from the government, that doesn't help ease the cost of gas for me or you. What, should we continue blindly giving oil corporations tax cuts only for them to ship American sourced crude to the likes of Chinese buyers? Great idea.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Speckle
And just for fun I'll throw my 2 cents in. You suggested fracking? wow. Where do you live? I assume not in Arkansas or Pennsylvania. But I do think your original message is correct. WTF is going on...

Speckle, in a perfect world I'd like nothing more than investment on renewable clean energies, but this isn't happening. Shale oil is the only viable alternative that I believe we will be able to get enough people on board with, we have an abundant source of shale oil, it's a short term solution until we develop a perfect renewable alternative. It will certainly help ease costs, we've already successfully converted shale to be used in the same way as crude oil. While shale oil is far more expensive, it's something conservatives will get on board with

You know that technique of curing drug addicts by pushing them to a lesser harmful drug or addiction, it's a start.
edit on 22-6-2012 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I thought its illegal to export oil from American land, wherever it is? That law was passed soon after the first oil boom started,

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Why do we import oil then export ours? Somethijgs fishy.

top topics

join