It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate rejects bid to label genetically modified food

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Your Senate are a clear and present danger to your health, wealth, ecosystem, environment, freedom, God, I could go on but I will be wasting my time as you will do nothing about it but bitch on the internet... But at least you can keep your guns right??

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
If my food is genetically different, and essentially a different species, it should be labeled as such.

The sad truth is these GMOs are an "invasive species" but I am sure that Mon-santans lawyers have that covered. However since they have it labeled as "corn" or what ever under the law it would fail that test...

I don't think that is right but legal is not always right.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
personally...i think there's only one way to take out monsanto.....but...unfortunately, it would take a small army....heavily armed....guess i have to go back to buying from the local farmers market.......oh...for the record.....taco bell has been seen using products that are clearly marked "not for human consumption" in their food....my wife's daughter knew someone that worked at a taco bell in michigan, and seen it......

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

date line Friday july6 2012
location Canada
headline
GMO FOODS NOT SAFE;REPORT.

as quoted from the Toronto sun from qmi agency

genetically engineered foods are not safe,have not been properly tested and pose a SERIOUS THREAT TO HUMAN HEALTH AND THE ENVIRONMENT, according to a new report by 2 genetic engineers.
in GMO MYTHS AND TRUTHS ,the scientists refute the claims made by companies that produce genetically modified crops and organisms [gmo].
" GM crops are promoted on the basis of ambitious claims-that they are safe to eat,environmentally beneficial, increase yields,reduce reliance on pesticides and can help solve world hunger'"said co author Dr. Micheal antoniou of the kings college school of medicine in London, England.
but research on them is incomplete, lacks proper testing in humans or any long-term study, the report said.
the authorities also say that GMO crops have increased the use of TOXIC HERBICIDES & PESTICIDES linked to CANCER,BIRTH DEFECTS AND OTHER MEDICAL ISSUES .

the funny thing is that since they started these crop programs there have been a rash of new totallly unknown ailments coming into being that are affecting our children ,such as hyper allergies , and all of these new ones that require drugs to calm them down and they are finding new drugs and new diseases evry day so where is it coming from . maybe all of these years of us trying to defeat mother nature is finally coming back to haunt us all -remember DDT and what it did to the mice and the eagles ,well we are also a part of that food chain ,and we are at the top of it ,here in canada they have finally banned the use of most herbicides on our lawns ,i wonder what the true count of parts per million there are in our drinking water now as we have been using these killer chemicals for at least 50 years or more .remember that our government sets the standards as to what amount is safe in our drinking water and they have never had we the peoples interests at heart it is always corporate before the people and this has been going on for a long time .
cash is king and money talks or rules the world so who has all this cash not we the people it is the corporate world and they continue to fleece we the sheeple for all that we have and then some .

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join