It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thought experiment. Imagine a mirror, what do you see?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Using your minds eye, thought, imagination, proceed to imagine a mirror within you. What do you see as the reflection.

Note** You can't necessarily answer that you see your own face, as I am suggesting that the thought experiment reveal or show what is the reflection seen of the inner you.

Just blackness? More thought? Nothing?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Chaos.War.Anguish.Destruction.Euphoria.Solace.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Jesus Christ, busy fixing structural issues, like broken load bearing walls.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
people in white coats writing on notepads

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
my mouse hand.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
the face of medusa with the hair of rick james

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I see a room with a fireplace, looks like early 1900's furniture. Possibly a sitting room as I can see a wingback red velvet chair. The mirror is a freestanding old wooden one, possibly hand carved in an elongated oval shape. I cannot see myself, not even an outline. No one else in the room.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wewillrise77

a sitting room,,were u sitting?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
i see a little brightness.. but where i am imagining the mirror.. i see an outline of some kind of object.
theres a little bit of light.. and all i can do is just tell myself to try to imagine a mirror and i try and then i try to picture a mirror.. and then i start to see some brightness.. and in the mirror i am imagining there is a all black figure in it.
?? haha

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
How big of a mirror? What are the specifications of said mirror? I see myself, looking at myself. I see what others see, as I become the mirror. I am outside my body. I get to see what I can't see see when I'm my normal me, ignoring myself.

When I see a mirror, I realize it is a lie. Visually, with our slow human bodies, the reflection is a real-time 3rd person perspective. A reflection of that current moment. This is not so. Even light, with its immense speed, has limits. I move, and the info transmitted by myself regarding my place in time and space is transmitted through time and space, but at a measurable speed. What my eyes don't see, is that what they are seeing is literally the past.

A mirror doesn't work without light.

Mirrors don't show opinion.

A broken mirror becomes hundreds / thousands of mirrors. Curiously, they are one of the few things that when they are destroyed, they reproduce.
edit on 22-6-2012 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Don't know, I couldn't see myself...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

nothing,not darkness but with ripples.strange

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Of course I am going to see myself looking at myself anything else would be absurd but I know what you're asking!

These days I see loneliness, stress and anger but I also see my self being thankful for all I have and satisfaction for doing a job well done.

Now I am full time Mom with little ones while hubby is gone working for 3 weeks at a time. I get satisfaction that they are somewhat clean and clothed.
and I really love it after my yard work is done. We are outside ALL the time. Kids chasing chickens, running through sprinklers, fishing in our ditch. Camping out in our own yard... good times .....

Yet we are up to our max in debt but slowly getting back on track! These monsters (debt) keep me up at night! It was all none existent 20 months ago! And life seems to get more expensive ....everything.

When I look in the mirror I see in myself impatience and revenge that need to be controlled. ( Wronged big time by family money wise and disowned) This is what got us in this mess.

But like I said we are moving forward and I give thanks daily for my children, husband, home, food, life ect....

What do expect us to see. We are hanging onto everything good we have left. I really hope things get better for everyone or everyone gets a good wakeup call!

When I look in the mirror I see HOPE!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
myself. as a blackened corpse. face of extreme anger.

no idea what this means

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

the mirror is the projection of ur state out of positive objective inferiority abstraction

for instance me i would want to see in the mirror what i reject the least in u meaning ur gods conditions of course

the problem is what pervert gods lead to extremes force to get to their wills from us, killing our potentials rights to b left alone at least since there is no intention of supporting it

that is why gods clearly tell us to act what they want calling us actors or slaves from obviously pointing our bodies conscious fully to their service and that proportiannally to our negative conditions, the more we suffer from our conditions the more we must philosophyse about everything which is absurd and the more we are fine the more we must act as happy selves ones representing them careless about anything right

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

so why am i an angry blackened corpse?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BulletShogun

i can say objective reasons not subjective ones, u r mayb that too u alone can know

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

i never see myself bc i dont recognize self being all objects are to truth subjects is absolute freedom so extreme respect value abstractions or zero
that is why from always in my life when i look at a mirror i want to laugh like playing knowing that it is not me meaning to b cool about it

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I see a landscape, rolling green hills, trees.... I note that it looks extremely similar to the view outside our windows of our home....

But I didn't understand your explanation post above of what this signifies... I don't understand what the "gods" are you reference...? What does "positive objective inferiority abstraction" mean? I am familiar with each of those words, I just don't get the string of them together...??
"What I reject the least in u"... is that another way of saying "what I like most in you"?

Could you maybe re-phrase your explanation?
edit on 22-6-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely
reply to post by BulletShogun

i can say objective reasons not subjective ones, u r mayb that too u alone can know

Objective? Like what?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join