It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you Vote FOR Property Taxes > ? VOTE Tampering in North Dakota > ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
DJGrooveline (youtube) brought this to my attention.

Now if given the opportunity to never own my own home or own my own home... I think I would choose to Own rather than Rent and basically thats what you are doing when you pay your property taxes - you are Renting, stop paying and they sell your house on the court house steps.... North Dakota was given the opportunity to vote on continuing property taxes and to everyone's amazement North Dakotians voted to keep paying Property Taxes.... I think I smell some Magic Voting Going On....

North Dakota Article
edit on 21-6-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
DJGrooveline (youtube) brought this to my attention.

Now if given the opportunity to never own my own home or own my own home... I think I would choose to Own rather than Rent and basically thats what you are doing when you pay your property taxes - you are Renting, stop paying and they sell your house on the court house steps.... North Dakota was given the opportunity to vote on continuing property taxes and to everyone's amazement North Dakotians voted to keep paying Property Taxes.... I think I smell some Magic Voting Going On....

North Dakota Article
edit on 21-6-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

Stranger things have happened. Yep. Stranger things have happened.

What am I saying? I don't even believe that myself....

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This is what happens when non-home owners are allowed to vote on issues about homes they do not own.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
no... if you don't pay property taxes there is a lien on your home which means if you sell it the city gets to keep what you owed.

if you quit paying your MORTGAGE they take your home.... unless you paid full cash for your house and own it outright.

property taxes are for fixing the street, keeping the medians free from debris, giving you a good public school for your kid to attend.... the more property taxes you pay the nicer your 'hood is. if you pay little taxes you probably live in the country and have a dirt road.

if you don't want to pay taxes move to the middle of nowhere. or move to kazakhstan. i think they have a low tax rate.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

What a wonderfully asinine response.

What really happens: There are two forms of Property Taxes in the USA called "Liens and Deeds" and then the dreaded "Mortgage Clause".

Under a Lien state if you fail to pay property taxes the taxes are auctioned off to investors who can apply interest to the taxes. THEY, usually a bank of some sort, then send you to collections and tack on fees. If you sell your house you are forced to pay them, if you foreclose you still have to pay them. If you have a mortgage the mortgage in 99% of cases are considered defaulted once you go behind on taxes (doubly so since most mortgages include taxes)

Under Deed states if you fail to pay your property taxes a Limited Warranty Deed is auctioned and you lose your house in most cases. In most Deed states if you have a mortgage the bank continues paying the taxes unless you are in foreclosure. (so the bank doesn't lose investment in the property)

In nearly every case you lose your home when it comes to defaulting on property taxes.

Which begs the question. Who owns the property? The Government does.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

It seems to me that there's a much better solution. Eliminate the property tax altogether and then raise the sales or state income tax to offset it. People keep their homes, the government gets its money...everyone is happy. Under no circumstance should the government be able to seize a person's home for failure to pay a tax. Not only is it inhumane, but its also quite likely counterproductive.

top topics

join