It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New here... what kind of "camera glitch" is this, if that?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Years ago, I was taking a picture of myself with a digital camera, and this came up. Can anyone explain what it is??

***MOD EDIT***
Not an Introduction Thread
*Closing Thread*

The Introduction Forum is for introductions To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic.“Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed.
Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself.

You have posted what could be a very interesting topic in the "Introductions thread". This area is solely for introducing yourself (as you can see by browsing through other Introduction threads by new members). We apologize for this inconvenience, but its a necessity for a website as large as ours. After you have managed to get 20 posts under your belt, you can then start your own threads in their appropriate areas.

Strict code's like this are in place to help keep the machine 'running smoothly'. One of these policies is that members need to post their thoughts in the appropriate areas. I'm sure you'll understand the necessity for us having rules like this. It helps keep all the great threads and topics in their perspective areas of interest and not all lumped together, making it difficult to find when wanting to make additional comments.

With that said, I'm going to have to close this thread as it does not comply with the above stated rules. After you have managed to get 20 posts under your belt, start your own thread in one of the appropriate areas as we'd love to hear more on this subject you originally posted.

Thread closed, you can contact me by a private message for more information if needed after you have read the links provided above and in the final post below. Or you can also contact staff by alerting them here Complaints and Suggestions

edit on 6/22/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
You must have inadvertently snapped a pic of something else nearby.
Keyboard keys?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Care to elaborate more? I'm not really sure what I'm looking at. From the original post, I assume this was a botched self portrait. Photo anomalies can be cause by many environment factors. ...need more detail, such as location, lighting and something to give us a sense of perspective.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by awakedream

Hint to anyone trying to identify this: Copy to your desktop and push the Gamma up so you can see some detail.

It looks to me to be a reflection of something sitting on a glass coffee-table. Looks almost familiar; I just can't place it....

Oh, well. Welcome aboard, awakedream!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I played with the photo a bit, It looks like something with reflections, and contains what looks like a cigarette butt.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
After some editing to me it looks like a picture was taken by accident of a bowl sitting on a glass top table with the picture being taken from under the glass. In the back ground I can see what to me looks like roof beams of a log cabin type house.

That is my best guess, whos turn its it to guess next?

UPDATE=When I posted I did not notice that some one esle all so said glass top table. So two votes for glass top table
edit on 6/21/2012 by fixer1967 because: update

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I was by the computer, however, the camera was facing away from the computer. Also, I am positive I did not snap a picture of something else on accident. This picture does not look like anything "real" that I know of. To me, it looks computer generated.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorMobius
I played with the photo a bit, It looks like something with reflections, and contains what looks like a cigarette butt.

Are you guys just making this up? This was 6 years ago. I was not a smoker then. No one in my family was a smoker.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
bracelet ? necklace ?

see the trapezoid looking thing, its repeating, its risen/embossed on a curvy surface, made from same material i guess.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakedream

Originally posted by DoctorMobius

Are you guys just making this up? This was 6 years ago. I was not a smoker then. No one in my family was a smoker.

No, it's not a cigarette butt. If you look at the nearer edge you'll see a rectangular, sort-of reverse-pyramid. The thing that looks like a cigarette butt is the same thing, except on the far edge and distorted by curvature....

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I don't know much about photo editing. but I tried a few things to see what'd come up. I don't even know if it means anything about the photo. But here they are.

lightened the photo...

a negative/invert

heat map effect

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

You look very familiar.
What's that thing on your face?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jaden_x

Dammit! I can't give you a star in the Introduction forum!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Do you wear glasses? Maybe a reflection?
edit on 21-6-2012 by DoctorMobius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaden_x

You look very familiar.
What's that thing on your face?

I love you.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I'm starting to think it looks like a dish of some sort, photographed looking upward from beneath a glass tabletop. But it's an unfamiliar type of dish.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DoctorMobius

I don't wear glasses.

I did not, knowingly, take a picture of a dish, nor did I ever own a glass table.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I have no idea.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
To me it looks like a photo taken upwards through a glass table. Maybe a bowl on the table.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
reply to post by jaden_x

Dammit! I can't give you a star in the Introduction forum!

Yeah, i would try helping figure out what that was, but the guy said it was a pic of himself, couldn't resist lol.

Help us help you, bro !

top topics

<<   2 >>

join