It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret World - A game made for ATS'ers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I never even heard of this game until 3-4 days ago, I got an email from Funcom saying I was able to get into the beta test, so I read a little further and seen one of the factions was the Illuminati, the other 2 factions are the Templars and the Dragons... Its an epic battle between all 3 factions, seems pretty interesting.

Class descriptions:

Illuminati - "Sex, Drugs and Rockefeller" Invisible puppet-masters and corporate manipulators, they crave power and wealth by any means necessary.(ironic eh?)

Dragon - "The Art of Chaos" Unknowable instigators of change, through quiet violence they create tiny ripples that grow into sweeping tsunamis.

Templars - "Deliverance From Evil" The old guard; suave and sophisticated, but fiercely brutal and uncompromising in their crusade against darkness.

Pistols, assault rifles, black magic, fireballs, katanas, explosives – there are hundreds of different weapons and powers to use.

I think ima play as Illuminati so I can see into their minds and pick up some tricks... If the beta is good, ill try the pre-order...

Anyone else gonna check it out?

I do have an extra Beta key for this weekend if anyone is serious about wanting to play, PM me

edit on 21-6-2012 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Still haven't received my beta test email..

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
this definitely sounds like a sick game!.. sounds like something i would be into! haha

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by willrush

Sweet! Looking forward to it's release - saw the video - I want it.

Thanks for posting - I hope EA doesn't upset us.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Yeah I think im going to pre-order it myself, just I need to update my video card im sure... even TF2 lags, and WOW I could only play with low settings(i played into like 2 beginning weeks of cata), Im still using a radeon sapphire 4850 from probably 4-5 yrs ago

Any suggestions for 150ish? I see the GeForce GTX 550 for like 120... lots of reviews on newegg

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Good find OP, this game looks like it will be great... probably a game I could get into. Although I'm not sure I want to test the beta, I'll probably just wait until the full version is released.

What I find interesting about that trailer is when they are describing the classes they also list the territory of each class:

Can anyone guess which areas belong to which group without watching the video? Well I'll tell you:

Green: Dragon
Red: Templars
Blue: Illuminati

However, that trailer makes it seem like all those groups are "fighting against evil", but some have dirtier tricks and tactics (like the Illuminati)... which kind of ruins the game for me. It should be a war between those groups.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I got a beta key from my buddy that works at Funcom but sadly my computer is not high powered enough to play. I get in game and the fps is so low its just sad. Anyways, I'm not sure if theres a way to un-link a key from a tsw account, or if it matters, but if my keys not worthless it's available.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Oh wow good catch!

I hadnt read fully into the game yet, and I didnt see that

I did see that the game is based on the modern world, with mythical lands mixed in... really sounds cool... the more I read up on it, I just hope the beta isnt dissapointing enough to sway me away from buying it

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I found it first and notified the ATSers about it.

They seem to be getting the emails and I'm not.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Yeah it was certainly something that caught my attention very quickly... having the United States area as home of the Illuminati really made my eyes pop, considering it seems to be made by EA and other large companies. I'm quite surprised they were so blunt about it actually.

I know who I'm going to be playing as... DRAGONS all the way son.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Oh you made a thread about this game already did you? You got a link?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There now close the thread...

Add to existing thread....
edit on 21-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by morder1

Can anyone guess which areas belong to which group without watching the video? Well I'll tell you:

Green: Dragon
Red: Templars
Blue: Illuminati

the Dragon starts in Seoul, Korea
The Templars starts in London, England
the Illuminati starts in New York City, New York

also I was given two extra beta keys for friends to join.
PM me if you are interested in a CB key. First come, First serve.
Sorry, I wish I had enough keys for everyone but alas I have only two.

PS: Oh BTW, the forth CB test is this weekend (June 22)
edit on 6/21/2012 by Shaade because: adding beta testing times

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread op

I heard about the game around 5 months ago, yet forgot completely about it. I then seen it in a magazine the other day, and thought that i had to look it up...i also forgot that. Now that you have posted this, it has refreshed my brain, so now i can research

It has an interesting concept i will say!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Well you did post in the entertainment section, and this is in the video games section, and ATS does allow two threads about the same thing if they are in different forums...

Anyway, you wrote this in your thread:

A) The Illuminati [USA]
B) The Dragons [China]
C) The Templar [Britain]

But according to the picture in this trailer the Templars appear to be more in the middle east region... and the Dragons would be in the whole Asian Pacific area, not just China.

PS - did anyone else immediately think of Fulford and his claims about the Dragon Family and their secret societies spread around the Asian Pacific area? This game is eerily aligned with many conspiracy theories...
edit on 21/6/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

O wow thats crazy!! that post was from over a year ago

I cant believe you didnt get a key, but I got one and never even heard of it, haha... well hey if u want my "buddy" key, its yours...

Same thing happened for me with SWTOR beta, I signed up on the very first day you could, and only got into the very last test phase, impulse bought the collector edition, and now its just sitting... lol whoops!! It was an awesome game, but the servers didnt house many people at all, I played on a pre-order full capacity server, and within 2 weeks there was like nobody playing, couldnt even hardly sell stuff on the AH...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Just downloading the Beta 1.6GB (Secret World closed BETA 40min. gameplay) from the Usenet. i'm curious how the game plays itself. Thx for mentioning this Game never heard of it before.
edit on 21/6/12 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO because: (no reason given)

Just looked on Amazon the releasedate there is the 3e of July.

After downloading i have to admire its only a 40min Gameplay Video....bad luck!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Well seeing as they totally forgot about me, I don't have any interest buying the game now. lol

I forgot...

Where was the site again?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Australia wouldn't be green, we are mostly a European country so we would be red.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join