It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing advertisement that has been on TV recently...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I can't even remember what it was for (something technology-related, maybe microsoft).

But, it has this guy (employee of some company) being ushered into a dimly-lit room and interrogated by two higher-ups.

These higher-ups repeatedly ask him "What were you doing next Thursday?"...the guy being interrogated repeatedly tells them he doesn't know what they're talking about...how could he possibly know what he did "next Thursday"?

Then, the narrator comes on and encourages employers to use this product to prevent employees from engaging in illegal behavior.

Has anyone else seen this ad? It's really pretty disturbing and portrays an Orwellian-like Thought Police being employed through computer technology...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Until you tell us what the product is, besides computer-related, I can't imagine anybody could have much of any opinion about this.

[edit on 10-5-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Its just for internet security. They are letting people know they are thinking ahead of time. Like being prepared for the future.
Nothing Orwellian here, just outright bragging.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Yeah its an ad for some business security software to keep hackers and viruses out and stufrf.

Its nothing scary.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Are you trying to imply that 'they' are "conditioning" people to get used to this line of future-based questioning?

MK

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Still, as seemingly innocent as that is, there was something sinister about the way the ad was done. I think somebody might be trying to tell us something...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
That commercial is nowhere near as freaky as that damn "Wake up to the King", Burger King commercial. Man that creeps me out. Sorry, not trying to hi-jack thread. I would rather be asked about next thursday than wake up to that puppet/man/scary burger king guy. Creepy plastic-headed monstrosity.

top topics

join