It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA preparing to arm Syrian rebels.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
According to RT new the CIA is in Turkey preparing to arm the Syrian rebels. Even though officials have already stated that we do not know which side the rebels are on. Not to mention the fact that we has a horrible record on arming groups and then having to fight then a couple years later.

Here is the link to the youtube video. Sorry, I could not figure out how to post it through the video link.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Maybe the Chinese will arm American dissidents to fight their disgraceful government...

hmm

One can only hope/imagine!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Opfor

Did you watch the same video I did?

He said

"Possibly"

"Could be"

"I Suspect"

"I Guess"

etc etc etc

Not really concrete stuff eh?

Also "Unnamed American officials and Arab Intelligence Officers"

And why does she say "We"?

Who is We?

RT?

The Russians?

WTF?

She also says that she doesn't believe that spreading more weapons around the world will insure peace. Meanwhile Russia is the second largest arms dealer in the world. She blows that News Scoop [Being on RT and all]

Here, It's pretty funny...

edit on 21-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by disfugured
Maybe the Chinese will arm American dissidents to fight their disgraceful government...

hmm

I don't want any Chinese arms. They are inferior copies of the Russian originals.

VERY inferior.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

That is exactly my point.

2nd!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

hmm

Or maybe,the Chinese will rise up against their Communist rulers !

I wish they could read this,but alas the great Firewall of China blocks this type of talk..........

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Maybe the Chinese will arm American dissidents to fight their disgraceful government... hmm One can only hope/imagine!

Now why would China do that?

They make trillions off the Government so I don't ever see that happening, and people love their walmart too much.

I buy American made weapons wouldn't pick up a Chinese knock off for nuthing.

RT news says Cia arming the rebels meh.

Sorry we do know which side the rebels are on and that isn't Assads.
edit on 21-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
To SLAYER69, nenothtu, sonnny1, neo96 -

This broke June 21 by New York Times. NYT is the original source, not RT.

C.I.A. Said to Aid in Steering Arms to Syrian Opposition
By ERIC SCHMITT
Published: June 21, 2012

www.nytimes.com/2012/06/21/world/middleeast/cia-said-to-aid-in-steering-arms-to-syrian-rebels.html

WASHINGTON — A small number of C.I.A. officers are operating secretly in southern Turkey, helping allies decide which Syrian opposition fighters across the border will receive arms to fight the Syrian government, according to American officials and Arab intelligence officers.

The weapons, including automatic rifles, rocket-propelled grenades, ammunition and some antitank weapons, are being funneled mostly across the Turkish border by way of a shadowy network of intermediaries including Syria’s Muslim Brotherhood and paid for by Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Qatar, the officials said.

The C.I.A. officers have been in southern Turkey for several weeks, in part to help keep weapons out of the hands of fighters allied with Al Qaeda or other terrorist groups, one senior American official said. The Obama administration has said it is not providing arms to the rebels, but it has also acknowledged that Syria’s neighbors would do so.

(...)

edit on 21-6-2012 by uesvaje because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by uesvaje

Eric Schmitt watches RT too?
"according to American officials and Arab intelligence officers"

Names?

Dates?

Sources?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

2nd!

that you'd like to see Americans armed with inferior weapons take on their government? I take it you want to see a herd-thinning, then,

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
You mean, al Qaeda flags could wind up flying over Syrian buildings when it's all done, just like in Libya?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

I'm not sure if you know my stance on the Media news... All Media News?

Your News source: Spins, Slants or STRAIGHT OUT LIES!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

SLAYER69, for someone of your supposed military experience and claimed intelligence, your reply is low and trollish...

I should also post this here, the Christian persecutions by rebels are reaching the Vatican already.

So the Syrian Muslim Brotherhood part from NYT is very credible.

---

Vatican news agency Fides via Vatican Insider at credible Italian newspaper La Stampa.

06/ 9/2012
Syria’s ultimatum to Christians: “Leave Qusayr"

The message sent out by the military chief of the armed opposition has spread panic and lead to a Christian exodus

VATICAN INSIDER STAFF
ROME

vaticaninsider.lastampa.it/en/homepage/world-news/detail/articolo/siria-syria-15868/

An exodus of Christians is taking place in Western Syria: the Christian population has fled the city of Qusayr, near Homs, following an ultimatum issued by the military chief of the armed opposition, Abdel Salam Harba.

This is what local sources told Vatican news agency Fides, pointing out that since the conflict broke out, only a thousand of the city’s ten thousand faithful, were left and they are now being forced to flee immediately. Some of the city’s mosques have issued the message again, announcing from the minarets: “Christians must leave Qusayr within six days, ending Friday.” The ultimatum therefore expired on 8 June and spread fear among the Christian population which had started to regain hope as a result of the presence of the Jesuit Fr. Paolo Dall’Oglio, who stopped off in Qusayr for a week to “pray and fast in the name of peace, right in the midst of conflict.”

The reasons for this ultimatum remain a mystery. Some say it is necessary in order to protect faithful from further suffering; other sources reveal “a continuity in discrimination and selective repression.” Others still claim that Christians have openly expressed their loyalty to the state and this is why the opposition army is chasing them away. Now Christian families in Qusayr have begun their exodus as displaced persons, towards the surrounding valleys and rural areas. Some have taken refuge in parents’ and friends’ homes in Damascus. Very few families have courageously decided to stay behind in their birth city but who knows what fate will meet. Fides sources have reiterated that groups of Salafi Islamic extremists within the armed opposition consider Christians as “infidels”; they confiscate their belongings, carry out mass executions and are ready to declare a “denominational war”.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by uesvaje

No offense now the Vatican is somehow a reliable source for News?

edit on 21-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by uesvaje
To SLAYER69, nenothtu, sonnny1, neo96 -

This broke June 21 by New York Times. NYT is the original source, not RT.

Yessir, I saw it on TV this morning, but they didn't source it, and I trust TV about as much as I do RT - they're both entertainment to me. Thanks for the clarification. Now I have to ask where Eric Schmitt got the story.

Anyhow, the part that strikes me as most odd was this: the snipet you posted mentions that they are using the Muslim Brotherhood as smugglers, but are trying to keep the arms away from AQ. ROFLMAO! Any CIA case officer worth his salt is going to KNOW that what one gets, so does the other. A Wahabbi is a wahabbi. They all hold hands and sing "kumbaya, let's kill them ALL!"

Now it remains that it can be argued just how many CIA case officers or station chiefs are really worth their salt these days...

I have some idea of how these things work, and I'm willing to bet that a sizeable portion of those weapons are the Chinese knockoffs that disfugured wants to see foisted off on Americans. A buttload of the ones sent across the border to the mujahideen against the Russians were Chinese, too, with the bulk of the remains being Egyptian Maadis. The fact that he mentions RPG's specifically tells me that they are probably either Russian or Chinese, and since RT is crowing about it....

S'ok, disfugured - China has plenty more where those came from. They tried to smuggle 2,000 of them into the US back in the mid 90's through Los Angeles, and there's just no telling how many actually made it without being detected!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by uesvaje

Also, Let's stick to the topic and avoid the name calling it just cheapens your argument and makes you sound desperate.

ok?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hey, they should arm Mexico too! Oh wait ATF beat them to it!
edit on 21-6-2012 by PatriotAct because: damn predicted texts

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Oh great...the freaking CIA takes over the coc aine business, then its into the heroin business now they want the hash business too???tsk tsk

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

2nd!

that you'd like to see Americans armed with inferior weapons take on their government? I take it you want to see a herd-thinning, then,

Obviously you missed my point.

My point; Seeing how you would not enjoy another nation arming dissidents in your country and supporting mayhem nation/region wide! How do you think the Syrians feel? I bet the same way you would! Its very simple logic.

Edit: I know you can purchase better arms in your own country but its hard to find another country that have matchable weapons in superiority.

edit on 21-6-2012 by disfugured because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Edit: I know you can purchase better arms in your own country but its hard to find another country that have matchable weapons in superiority.

Well so much for that argument eh Neno?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join