Desperation: Obama Surrogate Calls to Make Voting Mandatory

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
The old republic democracy crap. This country is the most democratic country I have ever been in...

It seems you cannot distinguish the difference between a Democracy and a Republic. While the Republican structure has elements of democratic principles, they are so diluted and disseminated to the lowest levels for a reason -- to keep people like you from dictating how we shouldn't talk to you because we haven't served in the military or have decided that not voting is the stronger message.

Please unless you have served in the military do not pressume to tell me what my duty was.

Than allow me to presume you obviously have forgotten what your duty and your oath was.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by Grimpachi

By your logic thus far -- I shouldn't be able to exercise a religion because I do not exercise one; or I shouldn't speak out against protestors because I choose not to exercise my right to freely associate; or I shouldn't, shouldn't, shouldn't....

It seems you are fond of telling others what they shouldn't do.

I have only said one thing people shouldn't do and you tryed to turn that into me saying people shouldn't be alowed to. Now you wan't to try to turn it into something else.

Maybe I should just be glad people like you do not vote.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

I have only said one thing people shouldn't do and you tryed to turn that into me saying people shouldn't be alowed to. Now you wan't to try to turn it into something else.

"By your logic...."; I never said you stated those things. It is however, heavily inferred that you have no problem telling others what they shouldn't do. We shouldn't stand on the same ground as you because you served in the military -- so what -- so have I and it gives me nothing more than JPZ, Misor or any other poster has, including yourself.

People "like me" (I never said I didn't vote by the way) utilize the option to not vote because it is our Right to not do so. We than go on and utilize our Right to speak freely about why we don't. It is just that you cannot stand it because it doesn't fit your neat little paradigm.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Loll, easy four more years if that happens.
Brilliant strategic plan to keep democrats in office… TO OBLIVION’ .Game on !

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

The old republic democracy crap. This country is the most democratic country I have ever been in...

It seems you cannot distinguish the difference between a Democracy and a Republic. While the Republican structure has elements of democratic principles, they are so diluted and disseminated to the lowest levels for a reason -- to keep people like you from dictating how we shouldn't talk to you because we haven't served in the military or have decided that not voting is the stronger message.

Please unless you have served in the military do not pressume to tell me what my duty was.

Than allow me to presume you obviously have forgotten what your duty and your oath was.

You really like to argue for argueing sake don't you. Never said you shouldn't talk to me because you havn't served your country you pressume that though like you pressume many things. I don't recall trying to dictate anything to you.

In a better world and a better system people like yourself that have never served there country wouldn't be able to vote. I would deffinitly vote for something like that. I wouldn't want to take away free speech but I still think people should have enough common sense to realize If the don't at least vote when they are able to they shouldn't talk politics.

As far as your pressumption on duty and upholding a oath goes as far as I am concerned if you never been there then you have no clue.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I know you pushing your own agenda and missinterpreting others. As I said before we will never see eye to eye on this and that is fine. I hope you don't vote that would be fine with me and preferable but you only fooling yourself if you think you are making a statment or difference by doing so. Please by all means keep talking but know this, the 65% or so of the population that do vote are the only ones that are herd.

There is nothing to misinterpret about some voter telling those who don't vote to shut up.

We have a nation that has a national debt that has grown to $15 trillion while administrative agencies keep growing and intruding into the lives of innocent people. The only ones who are heard are the ones who vote, you say? I used to vote in every election, local, state, and federal up until a few years ago My voice was never heard. The only voices that have been heard are the jackasses who want people shut-up!

Look around this nation and take a good hard look so you can understand this when I say this to you and those voters who've "been heard"; Shame on you!

This is where you said you do not vote.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

"
People "like me" (I never said I didn't vote by the way) utilize the option to not vote because it is our Right to not do so. .

On that note I will take my leave. I said how I feel on the subject of voting. I do not care to argue for argueing sake. Especialy when there is double talk.
edit on 25-6-2012 by Grimpachi because: add

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Anyone else notice that those who are standing up for the Right to not vote are not telling anyone they shouldn't do anything and believe in an Individual choice to engage in the act or not?

--

Yet the one who thinks that voting should be compulsorily (along with mandatory service if you want to engage in politics) is telling others they shouldn't be doing things like come to this thread and talk politics; we just need to shut our trap!

-------------------------

Even better is getting accused of doublespeak -- coming from the person that is so freedom loving that they want you to shut your mouth if you don't vote.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Ummmm...you are quoting two different people there....better check yourself.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

This is where you said you do not vote.

That's damn straight, soldier boy. That is where I said I do not vote anymore. What's your point? Are you now going to shut me up?

I read in this site all the time about how the enlisted in the military will stand by the people if it ever came to that. Perhaps some will, but it is clear that some will not and will instead serve their masters.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I presume nothing, sport. If you did not join the military to serve the people then that oath you swore upon is useless.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

In a better world and a better system people like yourself that have never served there country wouldn't be able to vote. I would deffinitly vote for something like that. I wouldn't want to take away free speech but I still think people should have enough common sense to realize If the don't at least vote when they are able to they shouldn't talk politics.

As far as your pressumption on duty and upholding a oath goes as far as I am concerned if you never been there then you have no clue.

I have served and gave that oath and that is why you see me here combating the nonsense you are spouting. Voting is as personal as one's religion and if used correctly and diligently it can actually serve a purpose; but as pointed out to you over and over from other posters, no one uses it prudently and they operate under the veil of "democracy" thinking their hanging-chad will change the world -- when all it does is turn the turnstile one more rotation.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

sorry Grimpachi - I somehow missed this

As I said before I never said you shouldn't be allowed to complain I said you shouldn't.

Even though this has probably run it's course in this thread - I'd still like to hear you to explain why I shouldn't

Really put some thought into it this time

I've heard people say this sort of thing all my life - we should vote because we're free and because we can

Because it's our duty...because people died for that freedom? Well then - let me be free

Do you believe that some people are better citizens because they vote? Because voting somehow demonstrates some kind of respect for and loyalty to the system. At the very least it shows participation

How did we become free men Grimpachi? Was it good behavior that changed history?

Abstention is a vote, protest is a vote, dissent is a vote - revolution is a vote

A little rebellion now and then is a good thing and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical.
THOMAS JEFFERSON, letter to James Madison, Jan. 30, 1787

It's the well-behaved children ... that make the most formidable revolutionaries. They don't say a word, they don't hide under the table, they eat only one piece of chocolate at a time. But later on they make society pay dearly. JEAN-PAUL SARTRE, Dirty Hands
www.notable-quotes.com...

but people do have different opinions about all that

:-)

edit on 6/26/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5   >>

join

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def