It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desperation: Obama Surrogate Calls to Make Voting Mandatory

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

If you understood it the first time why be such a jack #ss and act like you didn't Mr Spade is a Spade.

Only a jackass would piss all over the unalienable rights of all people and declare only those who vote have the right to speech.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
fine

I'll write in for mayor bloomberg

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I agree with that, however I never said anthing to that affect.

You should read what I did say and not assume things. Free speech is a right but people who don't vote sholdn't talk politics. They have every right to talk but they really shouldn't.

Do you understand now? If yo don't understand this time you must be hopeless.
edit on 24-6-2012 by Grimpachi because: spelling

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

I agree with that, however I never said anthing to that affect.

You should read what I did say and not assume things. Free speech is a right but people who don't vote sholdn't talk politics. They have every right to talk but they really shouldn't.

Do you understand now? If yo don't understand this time you must be hopeless.
edit on 24-6-2012 by Grimpachi because: spelling

You should re-read what you said:

Those who do not vote should stay out of politics including political discusions.

Either you agree with me, or you agree with what you originally said, but you can't agree with both.

Do you understand now? I doubt it.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

People should have to earn the right to vote then they would take it seriously.

What would someone have to do to earn the right to vote? Then - who gets to decide who has earned the right to vote?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

If you understood it the first time why be such a jack #ss and act like you didn't Mr Spade is a Spade.

Only a jackass would piss all over the unalienable rights of all people and declare only those who vote have the right to speech.

Yes only a jackass would piss on someones rights. I agree with that statement.

I never declared only those who vote have the right to speech I did say those who don"t vote should shut there traps about politics.

You failed to understand what I said. The word Should was used repeatedly.Now if I had said they should not be alowed to talk that would be a different matter however no one said that except you.
edit on 24-6-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Yes only a jackass would piss on someones rights. I agree with that statement.

I never declared only those who vote have the right to speech I did say those who don"t vote should shut there traps about politics.

Your pathetic sentiment was understood by many who've read them. What you're failing to understand is that I say everyone should speak up - that includes jackasses who want to tell others to shut-up - and voting is hardly a mechanism by which to empower a single soul.

People who don't vote should speak up about the political process plenty and they should stand up against the sycophants of tyranny who think their votes give entitle them to tell others to shut-up and likely worse.

Keep yammering on about your precious vote. Voting is not standing tall and being counted. Voting is nothing more than a passive count at best, at worst it is a distraction to the real problems that exist with government.

The biggest problem with voting, as I've stated before but it bears repeating, is that petty little tyrants vote and what they're voting for sure as hell ain't freedom.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

It is not up to me but if it was I wouuld make it where a person either earned the right by service in the military or through something like the peace core where one would have to contribute to there country first.

The original founders made it where you had to be a land owning citizen to be able to vote however that was highly prejudicial especialy to women and those of colour and those that were poor had little chance. It was originaly set up for wealthy white males. That was not a fair system it also shows they were not concerned as much about everyones rights as much as people think.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Garbage in, garbage out.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I know you pushing your own agenda and missinterpreting others. As I said before we will never see eye to eye on this and that is fine. I hope you don't vote that would be fine with me and preferable but you only fooling yourself if you think you are making a statment or difference by doing so. Please by all means keep talking but know this, the 65% or so of the population that do vote are the only ones that are herd.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
double post
edit on 24-6-2012 by Grimpachi because: double post

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

It's as if you're saying that if I don't choose either Coke or Pepsi - I shouldn't be allowed to complain that I can only choose between Coke or Pepsi

But, not only that - I have to deserve to be forced to decide between Coke or Pepsi - in order to be permitted to complain about only being able to choose between Coke or Pepsi...

not voting is still a vote

:-)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

I know you pushing your own agenda and missinterpreting others. As I said before we will never see eye to eye on this and that is fine. I hope you don't vote that would be fine with me and preferable but you only fooling yourself if you think you are making a statment or difference by doing so. Please by all means keep talking but know this, the 65% or so of the population that do vote are the only ones that are herd.

There is nothing to misinterpret about some voter telling those who don't vote to shut up.

We have a nation that has a national debt that has grown to $15 trillion while administrative agencies keep growing and intruding into the lives of innocent people. The only ones who are heard are the ones who vote, you say? I used to vote in every election, local, state, and federal up until a few years ago. My voice was never heard. The only voices that have been heard are the jackasses who want people shut-up!

Look around this nation and take a good hard look so you can understand this when I say this to you and those voters who've "been heard"; Shame on you!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

So implying that I said only people who vote should have the right to speech. Which I deffinitly did not say. So were you not talking to me or did not understand.

Shame on you.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

So implying that I said only people who vote should have the right to speech. Which I deffinitly did not say. So were you not talking to me or did not understand.

Shame on you.

Oh, I'm definitely talking to you and all other voters who think that non-voters should shut-up and I'm saying shame on you!

To non-voters I say be as goddamned vocal as you want, it is your right and often your responsibility. Lord knows there are too many voters voting for nonsense out there.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
What about those of us who do not believe in the ridiculous notion of individual participation in an "electoral process", i.e. anti-democratic folks?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

It's as if you're saying that if I don't choose either Coke or Pepsi - I shouldn't be allowed to complain that I can only choose between Coke or Pepsi

But, not only that - I have to deserve to be forced to decide between Coke or Pepsi - in order to be permitted to complain about only being able to choose between Coke or Pepsi...

not voting is still a vote

:-)

Your not voteing counts as much as a person that can't vote. As I said before I never said you shouldn't be allowed to complain I said you shouldn't.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Shame on you.

Oh, I'm definitely talking to you and all other voters who think that non-voters should shut-up and I'm saying shame on you!

To non-voters I say be as goddamned vocal as you want, it is your right and often your responsibility. Lord knows there are too many voters voting for nonsense out there.

Then don't miss quote me. That is where your shame lays that and you don't vote anymore.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
What about those of us who do not believe in the ridiculous notion of individual participation in an "electoral process", i.e. anti-democratic folks?

That doesn't sound American to me. Those of you who are anti-democratic may want to find a country that isn't democratic. That is entirely up to you.
edit on 24-6-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Then don't miss quote me.

I pressed the quote button on your post, sport. You were quoted precisely. Feeling bad about what you said? Step off.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join