It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Head Of Star Wars Program Says Cheney

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Ok, the Veterans for Peace does own up to him having "The President's Award". It should be noted that the president in question is the president for VFP, not the POTUS, but so far it's the only thing he told the truth about, continuing to look at the rest.

BTW, depending on where you look, the lists of 'accomplishments' associated with the guy are much more florid and numerous. He's definitely got the PX Ranger thing going, will be amusing if all his claims are as unsubstantiable.

I'm also forwarding links to his claims to the groups he's lying about, should be fun to watch.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Surprisingly, he was an LTC. I can see his duty assignments, so it's real. F4 pilot in the '60s.

Caltech admits to his PhD. Maxwell AFB says he's a grad of Air War College and Staff College, he was on the staff at Air Command and Staff College at MAFB.

Now I'm curious as to why he's claiming a lot of extraneous hooey - that's not a bad list of accomplishments.

Still checking.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

He isn't the first, nor will he be the last, person with a good record, to embellish himself into a great record. Especially when it comes to 9/11.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
Surprisingly, he was an LTC. I can see his duty assignments, so it's real. F4 pilot in the '60s.

Caltech admits to his PhD. Maxwell AFB says he's a grad of Air War College and Staff College, he was on the staff at Air Command and Staff College at MAFB.

Now I'm curious as to why he's claiming a lot of extraneous hooey - that's not a bad list of accomplishments.

Still checking.

Look and see if he was in Air Defense Command prior to Vietnam. BTW, where are you looking to see his assignments?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The original OP article appears to be from Prison Planet April 4 2006.

www.prisonplanet.com...

At the end of both articles it sez.

Bowman is currently running for Congress in Florida's 15th District.

Now for the good news.

He Lost.

Bowman was the Democratic nominee in the 2006 congressional elections against incumbent Rep. Dave Weldon (R-Fla.), who was reelected.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reheat
Look and see if he was in Air Defense Command prior to Vietnam. BTW, where are you looking to see his assignments?

I'll see if I can unearth it. Some of the stuff that old is just sort of vaguely summarized for online access, so I'd have to call 'old buddy' at Bolling, who's likely not there this time of night and might want an explanation as to why. I'll see what I can see over the next day or so.

As to the last question, ah, yeah, that.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Reheat

he is probably looking on the internet...but i guess because he is looking for things from your perspective(gasbag) that makes it ok then.

why not keep your insults and talk as a human being ....It might help....but please proceed with the character assassination...because your not putting your characters forward....not a single one of you..are willing to ...but your all sure willing to go and try to smash his...typical...and how disgusting.

have yourselves a good day....as you have shown all of your true natures...your not at all interested in finding answers...your only interested in believing the lies you tout.

Not interested in slamming the truth, as he is doubtful that the commission was at all truthful....just as many others are....now the proclamation was not to show whether Bowmn was a participant...the words were that, the program never existed before Star wars and Ronald Raygun.....but not one of you have the decency to acknowledge that it may have existed in a form under the guise of another name....but go on and keep up your campaign....people are not as dumb as you seem to want to portray them....when even just one of you can man up and show you have anymore more substance than this man....then maybe you might have something valuable to add....

twist words and play games....way to go 9/11 files...you can play devils advocate all you like...but you have shown your true colors...you do not seek truth you seek to mis represent.

Now did some form of SDI exist before Ronald Raygun....I would think yes....that was the question and it has been shown....I could go further...as i do have more info on it...but should i present to people who only have one objective .....but have Zero objectivity.....I should think not.

enjoy your banter.....

edit on 083131p://f15Tuesday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by plube Now did some form of SDI exist before Ronald Raygun....I would think yes....that was the question and it has been shown....I could go further...as i do have more info on it...but should i present to people who only have one objective .....but have Zero objectivity.....I should think not.

enjoy your banter.....

You did not show that there was SDI before Reagan. You posted a proclamation regarding the civilian space program.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

You seem to enjoy posting worthless void of pertinent content posts. Well, who am I to object.

I began attacking Bowman for what he says, not who he is or his credentials. That's not character assassination at all. It is exactly what one should be doing with anyone who post or says things that are false and provably so.

911Files simply objected to the OP and the title. The precedent research prior to Star Wars was not Star Wars at all. In his interviews Bowman didn't state that either. It is the blatant appeal to authority fallacy that the "truth cult" uses to impress the ignorant by referring to what he worked on as Star Wars. If someone of seeming importance says something it is gospel... That's dishonest. 911Files was certainly justified in questioning as he was and I added valid information to support what he said. He claims to have been "in charge" of the program and the Title indicates he was "Head" of the program. It is quite legitimate to question that. Because I am quite familiar with how DoD operates it is questionable that a Lt Col was in charge. Program managers of virtually anything are a minimum full Cols.

It's quite evident that Bowman is already embellishing his accomplishments and the "truther cult" adds to it by referring to what he did as Star Wars.

You have yet to substantiate what he has said about anything. Why is that? You continue to "appeal to authority" by criticizing anyone who refutes what he says, instead accusing them of character assassination. It is quite obvious that neither you or anyone else can defend what he says at all. You have made no attempt to do so... All you continue to do is false accuse others of character assassination. Obviously, you have lost the discussion, but I'm confident that won't stop you from continuing in the same vein constituting nothing more than being a gasbag in support of another gasbag...
edit on 3-7-2012 by Reheat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Reheat

Actually when i came in on the discussion...the discussion was only about his credentials and whether there was some kind of SDI or some such program before the Reagan years...but it seems his credentials do stand...whether he has present valid points was not an issue as of the time i entered the fray...but what it does seem is that he has obtained all the said medals the only one yet to be confirmed is the Eisenhower medal...as Bedlam has stated....and i have gone and looked myself....and he has...as for if there was a space defense program the proclamation pretty much does state it in so many words....but is ignored...I guess since it is a secret program it can only be stated so far.

All i can see is a huge ego...that seem to think he wins arguments through belligerence but what really happens is one just gets tired of being insulted by a child even when you are shown things...and then you go off on a tangent to re ignite the conversation because it does not suit you. Also when your are asked to state how you think you know so much and you try to make out to be such an authority on a given issue...you not once back it up...so therefore all that you say is invalid...and not worth the time to listen too...Is that clear enough for you.

I have not lost anything here....and you have gained nothing yourself...It has gone off topic...and your continual insults have only shown you to be either a child, Worthless of cohesive information, or that you indeed do not have a clue how to hold a conversation where it might infringe upon your belief system.

You have stated the truth movement to be a cult society...but that would mean some sort of cohesive collaborative effort on the part of truthers but by the same token truther cannot agree on thing amongst themselves...just as the OS cannot even agree upon method of collapse....or the commission members themselves saying the commission was set up to fail.

You are what you call others....but i am not going to go down that road with you...because i know you call foul to admin.....So happy chatting....you win but what have you won i do not know....I never knew this was a win or lose scenario...but i hope it will help you in your endeavors...because It is not important to me to get you to change your mind.....Because i do not live...online...i also work out in the real world...and I get involved in seeking 9/11 answers outside the net....unlike you i do not categorize OS believing into a group of people and paint them with the same brush....there were criminal elements on 9/11 on the government side....And these criminals affect us all....so when people speak out against them....It is a good thing...as i myself do not chose to just believe what the authorities try to tell people about the events of 9/11 as the events clearly speak for itself.

Initial Impetus

In the fall of 1979, at Reagan's request, Lieutenant General Daniel O. Graham conceived a concept he called the High Frontier, a concept of strategic defense using ground and space based weapons theoretically possible because of emerging technologies. It was designed to replace the doctrine of Mutual assured destruction, a doctrine that Reagan and his aids described as a suicide-pact.

The initial focus of the strategic defense initiative was a nuclear explosion powered X-ray laser designed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory by a scientist named Peter Hagelstein who worked with a team called O Group, doing much of the work in the late 1970s and early 1980s. O Group was headed by physicist Lowell Wood, a protégé and friend of Edward Teller, the "father of the hydrogen bomb".

Ronald Reagan was told of Hagelstein's breakthrough by Teller in 1983, which prompted Reagan's March 23, 1983, "Star Wars" speech. Reagan announced, "I call upon the scientific community who gave us nuclear weapons to turn their great talents to the cause of mankind and world peace: to give us the means of rendering these nuclear weapons impotent and obsolete." This speech, along with Reagan's Evil Empire speech on March 8, 1983, in Florida, ushered in the last phase of the Cold War, bringing the nuclear standoff with the Soviet Union to its most critical point before the collapse of the Soviet Union later that decade.

The concept for the space-based portion was to use lasers to shoot down incoming Soviet intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBM) armed with nuclear warheads. Nobel Prize-winning physicist Hans Bethe went to Livermore in February of 1983 for a 2 day briefing on the x-ray laser, and "Although impressed with its scientific novelty, Bethe went away highly skeptical it would contribute anything to the nation's defense."

the inception was before Reagan years so is it possible the government was working on this concept in the carter years. Could bowman have been privy to it?. possible.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

He wasn't head of it though, was he? So why the lie in the thread title? And why does Bowman seem to inflate his acheivements? It doesn't suggest that he's particularly reliable.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TrickoftheShade

Well i do agree with you trick...which is unusual he could be embellishing a bit...but is he going over the top...i think not....also his credentials were list on a vfp convention hes was speaking at...so they should hold fairly true....do people over exaggerate themselves....well he is a politician after all...so can he be fully trusted...not in my honest opinion...but because he has thrown himself behind the truth movement does that mean he should be immediately classified as a tinfoil hat wearer.....again not in my opinion...that would be like me saying you in the OS are all just sheep....which i know you are not....each individual has a right to opinion whether it is agreed by the masses or not.

What i do not agree with is guilt by association truthers are not all tinfoil wearing hat hologram laser beam monkeys....just as all OSer's are not blind sheep following herd beasts that are not able to see past their nose....but the categorization by Reheat is not helpful or worthy of discussion to me he is gringo.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Guns and Butter interview

Around 20:00mark he goes into his directorship....the problem being he and the interviewer calls it star wars.

IT is stated he was head here...and also in wikipedia it is stated as him as being head of the advanced space program.....which has not been as of yet corrected...and i am sure someone would be pretty tenacious about having this put forward as a change if it were incorrect...it would be a pretty glaring falsehood....would it not....especially as a running politician.

a pretty big ghost in his closet to lie about....So from what i see so far all his credentials do hold true...the only one still in question is the Eishenhower Medal....which i cannot find anything on....i have found the fellowship members which Bedlam had eluded to...but it only gos back to the formation of the fellowship not the actual medals handed out.

the problem is the OP calling it Star wars...rather than what it was at the time....

3-3 Carter Administration Introduction a. Early in the Carter administration, studies were conducted that addressed the apparent fragmentation and possible redundancy in the nation's space effort. These studies recommended that President Carter issue two Presidential Directives (PD). PD­37 focused on national space policy and PD­42 addressed civil space policy.
PD-37 b. PD­37 reaffirmed the basic policy principles contained in the National Aeronautics and Space Act of 1958, and for the first time, spelled out in coherent fashion the broad objectives of the U.S. space program and the specific guidelines governing civil and national security space activities. PD­37 was important from a military perspective because it contained the initial, though, tentative, indications that a shift was occurring in the national security establishment's views on space. Traditionally, they had viewed space as a force enhancer, that is, as a medium in which to deploy systems to increase the effectiveness of land, sea, and air forces. Although the focus of the Carter administration space policy was clearly on restricting the weaponization of space, PD­37 reflected an appreciation of the importance of space systems to national survival, a recognition of the Soviet threat to those systems, and a willingness to push ahead with development of an ASAT capability in the absence of verifiable and comprehensive international agreements restricting such systems. In other words, space was beginning to be viewed as a potential warfighting medium. Carter was the first President to mention spy satellite capabilities in public speeches. PD­37 basically addressed the space program in its totality.
PD-42 c. PD­42 was directed exclusively at the civil space community and was designed to set the direction for U.S. efforts over the next decade. However, it was devoid of any long­term space goals, stating instead that the nation would pursue a balanced evolutionary strategy of space applications, space science, and exploration activities. The absence of a more visionary policy reflected clearly the continuing developmental problems with the shuttle and the resulting commitment of larger than expected resources.

Space Policy

the reason for the lie is that It is plastered all over(not just truther sites) he was head of starwars under carter.

The Advanced Space program does appear to be the predecessor to the SDI. But i am sure i will be scolded for saying so.

edit on 123131p://f05Tuesday by plube because: (no reason given)

edit on 123131p://f14Tuesday by plube because: (no reason given)

edit on 123131p://f15Tuesday by plube because: (no reason given)

edit on 123131p://f29Tuesday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

I like your two past posts and the rational thinking you have exhibited. I agree that there were programs dealing with the militarization of space under Carter. But quite frankly, there were such programs under Eisenhower as well. Military Buck Rogers schemes do indeed go back to WWII (the V2 rocket for example). Yes, Star Wars (SDI) had its genesis in all of those predecessors. Dr. Wernher von Braun would be the "father" and "head of" Star Wars if we use that definition. So I'm glad we have reached agreement that the OP title is disingenuous.

Which of course brings me to the second issue I have with Bowman. What expertise does Bowman have in post-Cold War air defense practices?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube

a pretty big ghost in his closet to lie about....So from what i see so far all his credentials do hold true...the only one still in question is the Eishenhower Medal....which i cannot find anything on....i have found the fellowship members which Bedlam had eluded to...but it only gos back to the formation of the fellowship not the actual medals handed out.

That's because they're the ones that created the medal. That's all the ones there are. And he didn't get one.

Also there is no George F Kennan Peace Prize, so he didn't win that, and the other one about the double gold medal was false as well.

Still have a long way to go looking at other claims he's made too, once I get them tracked down I'm going to inform the guys that exist (hard to do that with the GFK) that he's falsely claiming to be an awardee, in some cases they don't care for that sort of thing.

It's odd. I see him doing a lot of fairly solid work in the sixties and early seventies and then it's sort of blank for a long time, maybe he wants back into the limelight. It's a paying job, anyway.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 911files

I can be very rational i just get annoyed when people generalize as it accomplishes nothing...So Bowman has inside knowledge on the space defense programs pre Reagan...in his interview on guns and butter he states there is now gag orders in place. brought forth by none other than Cheney pearle and such...and oddly enough he mentions names from the very company that i had posted a external content from...one Edward teller.

Now this is the first time i have even bothered to look into Bowman myself...as i do try to look into things for myself rather than to just believe....but it is interesting considering i have mentioned those same people in my signature thread....coincidence.

I cannot say what his post cold war knowledge is or what he knows of NORAD..But i have been trying to get the recordings i have uploaded in a reasonable fashion...as i have said to you before i have 120hrs of recordings...but i do not want to break them down or manipulate them in any way...i would rather them be listened to in their entirety as there are many comments made by people...a lot of it pure frustration at the lack of response in the chain of command.

I am a so called truther....and quite proud to be so....Because there are so many lies put forward by the officials ...the Commission was a farce as stated by the commissions own people.."set up to fail"....this is not truther words and people know this...but for some reason still keep referring to the report...now to me that is baffling.....then there are the fema reports...Pancaking....then NIST...no pancaking....I mean the agencies themselves cannot even seem to agree.... Once again this is not truther speaking this is conflicting reports put forward by officials.

Then we have within a few short hours of the attack...Netanyahu ...pointing the finger at Al Qaeda...and it is taken as that is who did...it.

also some people seem to think it is not also about oil....i did the research and i can say i believe from what i have looked at part of it is about protection of existing pipelines....these pipelines are the link straight into israel...haifa 1,2,3, where American airbases are located.

Also when it is mention about the links of CIA to Al Qaeda It gets ignored...but if anyone is any kind of military strategist then they understand stay behind armies....and CIA are masters of this process....Al Qaeda was a stay behind army after the Russians left Afghanistan.

The fascinating thing is people tend to trust and just believe propaganda...and propaganda is almost always used in any military offensive...it is part of the play....just like before the invasion of Iraq the dropping leaflets to the Iraqi people Just as the propaganda machine was used in full force to sway the hearts and minds of the American people to go to war in the first place....what has it accomplished....Everything for the people in charge...It has given them the power to conquer the American people....It has given them the ability to kill the American nation and it's people...It has worked a treat...and even better it has worked to divide a nation so that you will all fight each other...the sad part is people do not see it for what it is and what the real purpose of 9/11 was.....It will allow the people not only to be divided along race....and Religion...but now it divides completely people down beliefs....as can be seen right here amongst truthers and OSer's .

Also if you look at one other thread about the curriculum on 9/11 to be taught in school it will lead a new generation into yet another set of controlled thought....So i ask when are people going to set aside their differences and stand up against the Machine.....before we are all sacrificed to corporate slavedom.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

well it is ok...i have emailed him...and hopefully may get a reply i asked what year he was awarded the medal...Also i am very capable of doing my own research....so will be interesting what you dig up and what i dig up....and from i have read...the fellowship is not all the ones that were handed out..I could be wrong...but it is more like a alumni and not all people become part of the alumni.

so keep on digging....But to go so public and to lie about your awards which could be so easily disproved...Does that make sense to you?

does logic not come into play....now as many know and i know myself...The internet is a great resource...but it is not the only resource is It?

I will let you know the details i get back....I will ask about the other ones your questioning to...My attitude is always go to the source to ask the questions....just as i have done in the past...just as i am sure 9/11 files himself prefers to do.

So logically i ask you again....If these are so easily disproved...why would he say he has them?

you can email him yourself if you would like from here.

R.Bowman BIO

I mean why just believe...also...i notice others who have received the medal but are not listed on the fellowship site....So i am glad i look into things myself rather than just believing....I don't think his credentials are false...

NOTE MODS....the site is publicly accessible i am not posting any personal info from the link it is freely available.

edit on 053131p://f59Tuesday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Reheat

he is probably looking on the internet...but i guess because he is looking for things from your perspective(gasbag) that makes it ok then.

In a sense. Just not the civilian one. Also did some calling around to some guys I knew at MAF and BAF-dc, but that was early enough in the evening that they were still up and/or at work.

Anyways, it's not ATS friendly to clearly answer the question reheat asked, it scares off the paying customers. Not to mention I don't know reheat, and he has vibes of being in the community too. So for all I know he's upstream of me and if I say "Well, I logged onto JW--- and looked in ----- using my credentials as ---- and just poked around in the parts of his jacket I can reach without demonstrating a ---- -- ---- to the SO" then hell, for all I know he might be working at the grey cube at BAF-dc. Once, and only once, I have been solicited on ATS by someone from BAF to see who I was. So I don't think they are here much but you can't say.

If we were at an ATS party of some sort, if such things existed (maybe there should be?) there would be this tango of bonafides and shibboleths we'd go through to see who each other was. It's fun to watch. But you can't do that over the net, at least it's tougher and weirder looking to the onlookers. So reheat asked how I knew, and I declined to answer with a standard deferral, but told him in general how I knew (you likely missed it). He got the point (and the answer he wanted) and didn't ask again. You didn't catch it because you are the Unwashed®

There's a lot of that sort of thing that goes on, if you don't know what's up, it's like that pseudo-zen koan: "Lightning flashes, sparks shower, in a blink you have missed it". It looks like a weird non-sequitur, or a bit of unnecessary description, you see an odd reply and it means nothing to you. But in a few odd comments the other guys swapped some personal data you missed as a bystander.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

so keep on digging....But to go so public and to lie about your awards which could be so easily disproved...Does that make sense to you?

So logically i ask you again....If these are so easily disproved...why would he say he has them?

You didn't check. Most people don't. I won't, if the numbers and types of things you say you did are sort of rational, but his was so far over the top I started poking around to see what was true and what not.

People do this all the time, the folks they're talking to generally want it to be true and don't care, or don't have the background to say "what? That doesn't go together" or can't find out. Especially with military.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join