It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Early warning

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
So all this talk about Aliens coming to earth. I was just wondering if it would be a viable idea to set up a net work of satellites as a boarder to Earths /humans area the distance should be out past mars , This network should be a no fly zone with short bursts being emitted to warn potential intergalactic travelers not to go past this zone and to wait at the zone line and contact us from their. If one goes past that zone with out contact We humans would take that as a threat. and hostile action will be taken.

Instead of waiting until they are here in orbit, and then risk a situation of enemy or friend situation giving us little to no time to react to protect Earth.

thoughts anyone..?
edit on 21-6-2012 by Legion2024 because: (no reason given)




posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2024
 


Oh noes...what did I miss. Am I still here...hello...hello....helloooooooooooo

Anybody here....


Des



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Oh god... we're all screwed...



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
To the underground bunker!!! Goodbyez



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone
 

His early warning system works earlier than ours I guess. He left already, bug out bag and all.

edit on 21/6/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by boot2theface
Oh god... we're all screwed...


Runs and hugs boot2theface....I was so afraid I was the last person here...wherever here is....


Des



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
lol sorry hit enter to early



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
"short bursts being emitted to warn potential intergalactic travelers"

I'm pretty sure that any intergalactic travellers would laugh (in whatever way that aliens would) and zap us for our futile attempts.



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RooskiZombi
 


Possible sure, But it might give us a chance, maybe the network just out past Mars would be to close and needs to be further away. But still if they passed that zone we would have time. More time then we have now as it is.



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2024
 


I thought that's what HAARP was for.

No ?



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher
 


Na would not be efficient enough plus the network will not only be on the orbiting plane of the planets, It would have to cover 360 degrees around Earth and out. I assume Aliens can enter this systems from any point and not just on the orbiting plane.



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Early warning system?

A race capable of interstellar travel would come out of warp just in time to land on the white house lawn.

Then pictures would be posted on ATS and debunked as swamp gas from Obama’s A…..

Why do you think we would have even a remote chance of warning ourselves?

Even if we got a warning what would we do?…. (for some reason I now have a picture in my head of Wile E Coyote opening an umbrella to stop an avalanche from falling on his head)

Mickierocksman
edit on 21/6/2012 by Mickierocksman because: I really did not want to edit anything, but using this edit reason area to further add sub text to my posts has me intrigued, does anyone ever really look at these reasons given for an edit? Perhaps as a test I will offer a free beer to the first person that actually replies to sub-post? If you don’t drink beer then the OP will take you on a date where further discussion on Alien early warning systems will be available.



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman
Early warning system?

A race capable of interstellar travel would come out of warp just in time to land on the white house lawn.

Then pictures would be posted on ATS and debunked as swamp gas from Obama’s A…..

Why do you think we would have even a remote chance of warning ourselves?

Even if we got a warning what would we do?…. (for some reason I now have a picture in my head of Wile E Coyote opening an umbrella to stop an avalanche from falling on his head)

Mickierocksman


I would think that being in warp speed they would need some space to slow down right..?

Why you ask, well atm we have no idea if there is other "intelligent" species out there. And if we think early warning systems did not give an advantage we would not use them here on earth. Space is no different.

Now if what we have learn t about physics is all wrong and they are not governed by the same laws we humans are with in this solar system then yes we are stuffed.

But as they say it is better to try then do nothing.



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
OP you have watched way too much TV.


Why would anyone on their way to or from Earth want to fly through the plane of the system. Why not fly in from straight up or straight down and avoid the possibility of running into the odd piece of rock.

Every damn SciFi show always shows all the ships passing through the planets. Why would you do this! It is just plain stupid.

So OP now you will need your early warning sats to cover the entire sphere of the solar system out to Mars. Now that is a lot of sats to build, put up there and keep up there.

P



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
OP you have watched way too much TV.


Why would anyone on their way to or from Earth want to fly through the plane of the system. Why not fly in from straight up or straight down and avoid the possibility of running into the odd piece of rock.

Every damn SciFi show always shows all the ships passing through the planets. Why would you do this! It is just plain stupid.

So OP now you will need your early warning sats to cover the entire sphere of the solar system out to Mars. Now that is a lot of sats to build, put up there and keep up there.

P


Well that all depends on what part of the universe they come from really, A good reason to come in on the plane would be to catalog the planets on the fly by past them for resources. That is what i would do.

Why go though planets and not around them after all intergalactic space travelers would be able to steer around them right..? I will assume for a second that they are intelligent.

ohh not to much TV, To much ATS



edit on 21-6-2012 by Legion2024 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2024
 


They would be governed by the same laws of physics, but it would not apply nor be a problem as they would have overcome the laws with advanced technology.

Wait, what is that I hear? “Warning, alien invasion imminent in 0.2 seconds and counting” (yep, you would not have time to soil your pants)

Mickierocksman

edit on 21/6/2012 by Mickierocksman because: See, absolutely no one picked up on my sub-text in my last post thus proving that really, no one reads it….. Or perhaps the free beer or date with the OP was not enough to persuade someone to reply? So I will up the ante, now 2 beers for the first person to read my edit comment and reply to it…. Or 2 dates with the OP, first date will be about alien early warning systems and the second date will be all about how aliens don’t have boobs anymore.



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman
reply to post by Legion2024
 


They would be governed by the same laws of physics, but it would not apply nor be a problem as they would have overcome the laws with advanced technology.

Wait, what is that I hear? “Warning, alien invasion imminent in 0.2 seconds and counting” (yep, you would not have time to soil your pants)

Mickierocksman

edit on 21/6/2012 by Mickierocksman because: See, absolutely no one picked up on my sub-text in my last post thus proving that really, no one reads it….. Or perhaps the free beer or date with the OP was not enough to persuade someone to reply? So I will up the ante, now 2 beers for the first person to read my edit comment and reply to it…. Or 2 dates with the OP, first date will be about alien early warning systems and the second date will be all about how aliens don’t have boobs anymore.


LoL sure we would need to look at many ways and many types of technology to implement something this huge, All so we would need to look at the many ways they could arrive here. do we not do it because it is to hard..?

assumptions, they travel here, for all we know warp speed might not be obtainable with in a system and only can be achieved in the spaces between systems, Their tech might be only a few years ahead of ours and they have to travel the vast distances in a suspended stasis state. Or they might be able to just finish this system off from out side of it, The possibility's are endless really.




edit on 21-6-2012 by Legion2024 because: Sorry but i think it would look wierd if i was to take my self on a date, if not look wierd but feel wierd




posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2024
 


Yay! Someone finally read the sub-post!!!! Ok, I owe you 2 beers, but you have to come here to get them


Thanks

Mickierocksman
edit on 21/6/2012 by Mickierocksman because: You would not believe how many little stories I have added to the edit text.... be good, fly high and watch out for aliens at all costs


edit on 21/6/2012 by Mickierocksman because: My faith in peoples attention to detail and the fact your an Aussie has restored my faith in alien-kind.



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mickierocksman
 


lol Np will take a few hours to drive over lol And VB thanks



edit on 21-6-2012 by Legion2024 because: Allways flying High and watching the skies
. Tbh I Do have a feeling that those Aliens are going to be human just like us.
Just better lol



posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Legion2024
 


Yep, a more advanced or evolved form of our kind.

I think we will eventually develop into something like a grey if we do ever get off this rock.

Peace!

Mickierocksman



new topics

top topics



 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join