It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Experiment with the Law of Attraction and the Surprising Results

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Mods, I wasn't sure where to put this. Please move if necessary.

Greetings, ATS!

I'm hailing you from Myrtle Beach, where I'm currently relaxing with my family and enjoy the ocean. Its a great vacation, but today something....possibly strange occurred.

We decided to go on a shelling cruise, which leaves from Georgetown (approx. 90 min drive from Myrtle Beach). The boat takes you to a barrier island and you're given about an hour to hunt for shells.

My husband and I have done this trip twice before. Both times I failed to find any seashells that were "special" (in other words, different from the broken shards one normally finds on the beach. My expectations for this trip were about the same; I was more interested in making sure my son and my niece enjoyed their trip to worry about my own shelling.

Anyway, we reached the island and began our hunt. Nothing special, although the kids were very non-discriminatory in their choices. They were having fun, which was the point.

About thirty minutes into the shelling, my mother offered to watch the kids and let me wade further out into the water. I eagerly took her up on the offer, and went out about waist deep. It was low tide.

After about fifteen minutes of fruitless search, I happened to think about the Law of Attraction and decided, why not? So I started to repeat to myself, "You will find a whelk shell. You will find a whelk shell."

Two minutes later, my foot struck something large. Guess what. It was a whelk shell.

For the remainder of the time, (about five minutes left) I found another whelk shell and a very large scallop.

So....did I find these shells as a direct result of my "belief" that I would? Was it simply a timely coincidence?

I'll admit I'm a little flummoxed here, ATS. What do you think?

Here's a pic of my booty:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I really hate to be the realist here, and i'm not try to be rude or argumentative, but you were on a beach, and you found seashells. IMHO there is nothing unusual about that.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Cool, you can make 2 conch horns.....

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by boot2theface
I really hate to be the realist here, and i'm not try to be rude or argumentative, but you were on a beach, and you found seashells. IMHO there is nothing unusual about that.

Thank you for the reply.

You are correct; this was a barrier island known for its shelling possibilities. So definitely all the circumstances were ripe for me to find a large shell.

I will add that on the previous trips, at least half the boat (approx 60 people) found large shells. This time, I was the only one.

There could be absolutely nothing extraordinary about this. I just found the timing...odd.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorMobius
Cool, you can make 2 conch horns.....

My 6 year old son wants to make them into a hat "So I can hear the ocean in BOTH ears, Mommy!"

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Now there's some colorful thinking.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I believe you made it happen. So keep at it -- world peace next please.

My 6 year old son wants to make them into a hat "So I can hear the ocean in BOTH ears, Mommy!"

Hahaha -- shell headphones! He may be onto something here - stranger things have become Fads! Enjoy the rest of the vacation.

edit on 21-6-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Have a look at this thread done by Gazrok not so long ago. It may be helpful in answering your questions.
The Secret Works...

There's also one by Skyfloating from 2008.
How "the law of attraction" works

BTW, I hope you keep that avatar. It's one of my favorites.

edit on 6/21/2012 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I believe that you believe and that is wonderful. I believe in the power of the law of attraction in fact I even own a website dedicated to it. The only problem I have with your description is your use of putting what you wanted into the future instead of the now. It's about believing that you already have the shells, not will find, as that will keep them in the state of coming, but hey, you got them maybe you felt enough in the emotion department to overcome what you were saying. To that and you I say YAY!!!

Edit to say: sorry I forgot to star and flag. fixed now.
edit on 21-6-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Being one that used to believe so firmly in it I must say that pretty much your belief in it and focusing in on it is what makes it all the more powerful. Though you know as they say if it works for you it works for you and that's all that will really matter in the end. You got your shells so kudos!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
did anyone else think of,,
two strips of Cig paper ,,foil,,,
2 pins,,
glass.
?
My Experiment with the Law of Attraction and the Surprising Results

lol
science guy.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I can't even see the point of searching for shells on a beach which is apparently part of a tour designed to let people search for shells... as if you'd find anything interesting, everyone else would have taken all the good shells already.

And no those shells are not very special if you ask me. I could spend 5 minutes on a secluded Australian beach and easily find half a dozen shells more interesting than those shown in your picture.
edit on 21/6/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Sounds like at the very least this has ya thinking. So try again and see what happens. I'm usually not so specific. I Just send out positivity and it seems to come back to me or it could be that I'm just generally more positive now and that's the majority of what I experience from life now. Either way I have noticed a profound change in myself. Sending out a positive vibe to ya!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Once you obtain the object you desire the Universe will not stop there .
It will now keep presenting you with opportunities to get shells.
People will walk up to you and offer you shells.
You will see ads for free shells on Craigslist.
People will invite you to dinner and they will serve spaghetti shells.
The Universe will help you become the "Shell Goddess"
If you desire...........

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

just an fyi, that sound you hear in the seashells is not the ocean,

its the sound of blood flowing in your ear echoing in the shell back into your ear....

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
The human mind and body, coupled with your beliefs, emotions and your intentions are all incredibly powerful tools. Those who say they do not believe that - as a very minimum by just setting an intention can achieve such things as the law of attraction have obviously never done it successfully for themselves.

You can hear this story over and over again, not just from books or myths but from real people that have achieved extroardinary things in life by simply making it their intention to do or achieve something .
Taking it a step further, Intention coupled with a few other ingredients can result in superhuman abilities. I'm sure everyone has heard the stories about people gaining superhuman strength to rescue loved ones from car wrecks- and actually lifting up vehicles despite being "impossible" .. So how exactly is this possible then? Your intention to rescue your loved one,your belief that you can do it and know that you have done it and the overwhelming emotion you feel accompanying the situation - all incredibly powerful ingredients to make your recipe for superhuman abilities, something that seems impossible, possible.

Good on you for doing something new and expanding your own consciousness. If you doubt yourself about whether you found it because you made it your intention or because you were on a tourist beach where they conduct this particular tour to find shells, ask yourself, do you definitely know for sure you would have found one anyway?

Here's another thing to test and perhaps the naysayers should do this ( or not
), next time you drive to your shopping centre - pick one that you would normally have trouble finding a car park at- set your intention and your belief that you will drive into that car parking lot, and drive straight into a car park. Have no doubt in the world that you will immediately find an empty car park. And importantly, how will you feel if you do drive into that empty car park very quickly? You will feel great about it right because you haven't had to drive around for ages getting frustrated? Well, hold that feeling as part of your recipe.. Hold the feeling of what it feels like when you get a car park straight away.

Combine all three tools - intention, belief and emotion ( the feeling) and see how it goes for you.

If not then I wish you all the best!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
I can't even see the point of searching for shells on a beach which is apparently part of a tour designed to let people search for shells... as if you'd find anything interesting, everyone else would have taken all the good shells already.

And no those shells are not very special if you ask me. I could spend 5 minutes on a secluded Australian beach and easily find half a dozen shells more interesting than those shown in your picture.
edit on 21/6/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

Sorry you feel that way. For those of us who don't live near a beach...it was an awesome trip.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

I know that....but my 6 year old believes its the ocean. Specifically, "its the sound of fish in distress calling for their Super Hero! I better get my cape!"

Children are so much fun...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by RavenSpeaks

Once you obtain the object you desire the Universe will not stop there .
It will now keep presenting you with opportunities to get shells.
People will walk up to you and offer you shells.
You will see ads for free shells on Craigslist.
People will invite you to dinner and they will serve spaghetti shells.
The Universe will help you become the "Shell Goddess"
If you desire...........

Might run out of room...hahaha

Thanks for the chuckle! But the Universe can stop now.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

It was very nice of you not to mention that the Great Barrier Reef makes it a lot easier as well. I have been all up and down both coasts and for Myrtle Beach they are very nice specimens.

Speaking of Myrtle Beech did you make it to the worlds largest seafood buffet? It's been some time so I don't remember the name of the restaurant. I think Red was in the name.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join