It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Arpaio makes it official - not even the Devil will not stop this investigation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

So when someone builds a criminal case and gathers evidence, obviously the next logical step is to put it into a book and make money out of it...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Doesn't seem these guys are looking for justice or truth when they sell a book BEFORE taking their case to court...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

What about the FACT that the DOJ under Obama (and Holder) haven't been honoring CA and CO law?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

Originally posted by BobM88

I'm not arguing with you either...in fact, I had this discussion with someone on here a few weeks ago. I'll ask this, and I assume you may know the answer...(I don't, I'm not asking a loaded question)...why is it so many Federal laws say things like "State Laws may be stricter or equal, but not lessor"? I'm sure I've worded it very poorly, but hopefully you get the gist of the question.

But what about the medical marijuana laws in some states, wouldn't that be lesser than the federal law against any kind of use of marijuana?

Another good question! I don't know, lol, I'm not an attorney...I'm curious about that too now that you mention it.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

that topic I would imagine is for the courts - unfortunately, for the last 50 years or so - we the people mean less and less in the eye of the law - I would say we are nothing more than Revenue source at this point.
edit on 21-6-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

TextI am a veteran and I took the oath. and I envision having to protect my nation at some time in the future possibly with deadly force if required to protect my nation from people who desire to destroy our heritage and way of life.

Thats real good, NOW GO OUT AND BE SOMEBODY !

edit on 21-6-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

Iam Somebody - I am me and I like me. and thats all that matters to me.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s

What about the FACT that the DOJ under Obama (and Holder) haven't been honoring CA and CO law?

what about Michigan are they doing the same to them?

And still, isn't it a lesser law though? i was just asking about this state law because the other poster said that no state can have a lesser than federal law.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot

No your not,no need to lie to your self.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

No idea. I have people in CA and CO so its news I filter in and hear about on a regular basis. Are they doing it in MI as well?

I wouldn't put it past them.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Maybe this will help you guys out....

Police Power granted by the Constitution

The authority conferred upon the states by the Tenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and which the states delegate to their political subdivisions to enact measures to preserve and protect the safety, health, Welfare, and morals of the community. Police power describes the basic right of governments to make laws and regulations for the benefit of their communities. Under the system of government in the United States, only states have the right to make laws based on their police power. The lawmaking power of the federal government is limited to the specific grants of power found in the Constitution. The right of states to make laws governing safety, health, welfare, and morals is derived from the Tenth Amendment, which states, "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." State legislatures exercise their police power by enacting statutes, and they also delegate much of their police power to counties, cities, towns, villages, and large boroughs within the state. Police power does not specifically refer to the right of state and local government to create police forces, although the police power does include that right. Police power is also used as the basis for enacting a variety of substantive laws in such areas as Zoning, land use, fire and Building Codes, gambling, discrimination, parking, crime, licensing of professionals, liquor, motor vehicles, bicycles, nuisances, schooling, and sanitation. If a law enacted pursuant to the police power does not promote the health, safety, or welfare of the community, it is likely to be an unconstitutional deprivation of life, liberty, or property. The most common challenge to a statute enacted pursuant to the police power is that it constitutes a taking. A taking occurs when the government deprives a person of property or directly interferes with or substantially disturbs a person's use and enjoyment of his or her property.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

so then the next step in Constitutional Growth,, would be a Statute in regards too,,either,,
life, liberty,
Seeing that Property has been Established.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Hmmm....since that says that "The lawmaking power of the federal government is limited to the specific grants of power found in the Constitution" it sounds like maybe the "Commerce Clause" is used as a basis for a lot of laws.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

so then the next step in Constitutional Growth,, would be a Statute in regards too,,either,,
life, liberty,
Seeing that Property has been Established.

I think you're right Bob, I think your right.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot

No your not,no need to lie to your self.

Now, now chi'dern... Listen to what the good senator from Minnesota has to say, and repeat after him.

edit on 22-6-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: Dang freaking video $%^&*()_*&^%$%^!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I have seen quite a few of these threads about Sherrif Joe, it's suprising to see so many people complain about the poor job our president is doing and how he is ruining the country and bypassing the constitution and everything else.

And then we have Sheriff Joe, who seems to be trying to actually resolve something once and for all by conducting an investigation, and people are all over this saying they want him to quit already.

Well I for one would like to see the final outcome of this investigation, after all, I VOTED for Obama thinking like alot of americans that I would see change, But I am seeing the wrong kind of change and I don't like it one bit.

So let the man do what he wants, It's not your butt on the line is it, please quit whinning about it.

As far as the issue of "highest law in the land, I found this on Wikipedia;

The United States police rank model is generally quasimilitary in structure. Although the large and varied number of federal, state, and local police departments and sheriff's office have different ranks, a general model, from highest to lowest rank, would be:

Chief of Police, Police Commissioner, Superintendent, Sheriff
Deputy Chief of Police, Deputy Commissioner, Deputy Superintendent, Undersheriff
Inspector, Commander, Colonel
Major, Deputy Inspector
Captain
Lieutenant
Sergeant
Detective, Inspector, Investigator
Officer, Deputy Sheriff, Corporal

So according to that list, I see the Sheriff on the top line, if anybody has something diferent then please post it.

Peace

And please try to have a good day

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FutureThinker
And then we have Sheriff Joe, who seems to be trying to actually resolve something once and for all by conducting an investigation,

Maybe because there are many people who feel the economy, jobs, and our foreign affairs in global issues are far more important than rightwing conspiracy theories concerning where the president was born. Apparently people like you beg to differ.

As for this "investigation" of Arpaio's, no serious investigation was ever conducted. To start, the arguments Arpaio put forward in his little presentation back in march from his supposed 6 month investigation turned out to be debunked birther claims that can be sourced directly back to World net daily months prior to the investigation. Even the investigation book he sold on ebay about the findings contained alot of cut out paragraphs from old world net daily articles:
www.scribd.com...

He didn't really present anything new or solid, he just rehashed what his buddy Corsi (a well known partisan) told him.

I understand that birther apologists like to put forward Arpaio as a serious man, but he really isn't in the real world. You may get away with that excuse here, but not out there. His arguments fall short once they are hit with reality.

So let the man do what he wants

I don't believe that anybody needs to accept what Arpaio is doing. I'm sorry but I'm not at all amused with the fact this man is throwing around tax payer money and time all for a conspiracy pushed by partisan trolls like Corsi from world net daily. Arpaio is free to carry out this investigation provided it is private on his part, and in addition to this, Arpaio and his supporters need to learn to accept the right of others to criticize.

The United States police rank model is generally quasimilitary in structure. Although the large and varied number of federal, state, and local police departments and sheriff's office have different ranks, a general model, from highest to lowest rank, would be:

Chief of Police, Police Commissioner, Superintendent, Sheriff
Deputy Chief of Police, Deputy Commissioner, Deputy Superintendent, Undersheriff
Inspector, Commander, Colonel
Major, Deputy Inspector
Captain
Lieutenant
Sergeant
Detective, Inspector, Investigator
Officer, Deputy Sheriff, Corporal

From the same source:

In the United States, a sheriff is generally, but not always, the highest law enforcement officer of a county.

en.wikipedia.org...

In some states he may be the highest law enforcement in that county, not country, county. The idea that sheriffs have the power to vet presidents or presidential candidates is preposterous. It's a new birther myth floating around. This is why Arpaio's little presentation in March has become apart of irrelevant history. In anycase Arpaio doesn't appear to me as somebody at all serious about his findings, hence the reason why he refuses to outright claim that the birth certificate is fraudulent etc. because he knows the consequences of making baseless claims in public about officials. Arpaio is just angry that there's a guy in office not to his... uh, preference.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

In some states he may be the highest law enforcement in that county, not country, county. The idea that sheriffs have the power to vet presidents or presidential candidates is preposterous.

This is really what it comes down to. Regardless of how you feel about Obama or his eligibility, it's not up to Sheriff Joe to investigate.

Sheriff Joe needs to worry about being the sheriff. He's an elected official and it's his duty to ensure that the laws are upheld in Maricopa County, AZ. By wasting his time pursuing these allegations, he's effectively wasting the time of his constituency.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FutureThinker

You voted for Obama? Sure you did like the rest of your birther ilk.

You know

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

You get one too, "multi Racial." Yours deserves an HD version.

edit on 22-6-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Sheriff Joe needs to worry about being the sheriff. He's an elected official and it's his duty to ensure that the laws are upheld in Maricopa County, AZ. By wasting his time pursuing these allegations, he's effectively wasting the time of his constituency.

Not only that but he may also be misappropriating state tax dollars on this absurd investigation.

As far as the US Constitution goes, Obama is eligible for the office. It's already been established over and over again. Arpaio continuing this investigation has not only gone outside of his jurisdiction, but in fact has overstepped his authority as Sheriff. Of course for Arpaio, overstepping his authority is par for the course.

What continues to baffle me is, on a site that is well known for it's contempt of law enforcement everywhere. Somehow Arpaio has risen above that to some sort of cult hero status.

If this guy wants to investigate this, it's his right to, on his own time. Perhaps he could step down as Sheriff and conduct this investigation on his own using his own money and resources instead of the tax dollars of Arizona. To paraphrase Birther King Lou Dobbs: "Doesn't Maricopa County deserve a Sheriff that works?"

<< 1    3 >>

join