It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Job offer in Japan...should I take it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I was in Fukushima last August, I dont have seem to be dead.. yet :S

However it is a rather frequent conversation now.. I was with my girlfriend and 2 friends of mine, each time the 4 of us meet up for Chinese food its like..

"Dont worry guys, in a few years time we'll get some super powers.. we'll be like the fantastic 4! I can the flame dude!"

Dont stress, ATS is a 'Conspiracy' website, full of people who look for the worst in every situation, usually in this topic (Japan) most who comment, have never been or have no idea.. they just search blogs etc for info and change a couple words to make it seem worse.. I personally know loads of people in Japan and yes although they are afraid, and this is a concern.. people still just 'get on with it'. If your worried, dont go.. however I'll be going back ASAP because I love the place.

Also for the record, I dont believe TEPCO / The Government and I do think the whole thing is 10x worse than there saying.. however, If you continue to 'live for the future'.. you'll never live for now and in the end.. What will the point be?

Every day I was in Fukushima it was a concern though :/
edit on 23-6-2012 by minto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Honestly, I'd think about why you are being offered the job in the 1st place.
Is there reason to believe the people you are replacing left the job due to health concerns, if so maybe pay attention. It's not a small issue, that place is still highly radioactive, and I mean HIGH. Still are having readings clearly visible online.

I honestly don't think you need the money that badly, but I cannot speak for you and your situation, but warn you, that the company hiring you, does not care about your wellbeing and the job will get done with or without you.

If you have a family, think of them as well as it's just as much their decision as yours, if not, parents would come to mind as needing to be talked too.

RADIATION is a silent killer, you won't know until it's too late, and honestly I think the whole middle eastern coast of Japan should of been cleared out and relocated declared " Deadzone "
edit on 23-6-2012 by Moneyisgodlifeisrented because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I'll go with you!

What is the job?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by morningeagle

Glad to hear you're still on the fence about it, if it were me I wouldn't go either, The thread above yours is about nuclear reactor #3 being held together apparently with tape. I haven't had the chance to read it yet.

There's always the internet to learn these things and Akido ( my spelling?) I believe is taught here also. I would trust my gut it's usually right about things Stay safe..
edit on 23-6-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

edit on 23-6-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
My opinion doesn't really count since I'm not living in Japan right now so I asked two friends that are living in Japan (particularly in Nagoya) and they both said stay the hell away from that place. Even they don't trust going there, nor do they trust their government anymore. It's amazing what lying to the public can do when they find out. =(

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I was a headhunter

as a general rule, if you are asking for advice, you already know the answer, but can't admit it

just tell your friend no politely

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by morningeagle

Dude if its worth the pay, take the offer... history, culture is a bonus and of course the most highly technologically advanced country.

Don;t worry about this nuclear BS... its like a Japanese person gets a job offer in a Western countries and asks his japan forum mates about western countries and they reply with, "cover you back holes, cause you will get raped in every street corner" or every house hold has a gun and 100s of people die everyday"

Get advice from people that lives there or been there and stayed a while, not from people glued to TV.

I would take it if the offer and the wage is good.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join