It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Job offer in Japan...should I take it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Hey ATSers. I recently got a job offer (a very good one) from a friend of mine living in Japan.

I have always wanted to go to Japan, I love the history and also very interested in Shintoism and studying Aikido as well as swordplay. All of which would be available to me if I go.

Here's the kicker. I would be working in Fukushima! From reading the countless threads about the nuclear core meltdown and the possible fallout as a result of it I have much trepidation about making the journey over there.

If it wasn't for the nuclear reactor fiasco I would be there in a heartbeat. Although I am still considering the move my mind (or paranoia) is telling me that the health risks are just too dangerous.

What would you do?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
i wouldn't touch it with a bargepole. but the decision is your own.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I really couldn't say... All I will say is jobs are hard to come by these days man...Especially good ones...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
might come back with a 3rd leg or something

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
buy yourself a portable geiger counter and take it to work everyday.

the government could lie to you, your boss and supervisor could lie to you, but the geiger counter won't.

don't trust their equipment to much, it's life and death.

if things are to dangerous, buy yourself a ticket and go home.

edit on 21-6-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Dude I was freaking out about moving to portland as it seems to be in the path of the fall out.

good luck with that.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by morningeagle

If you are young and want children I would say no, if you are middle age or don't want to have kids I would go.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Dream job, good money, dreams coming true... none of that counts if you get severely ill from fallout or die does it?

It may not be that bad. If possible go check it out before you make a final decision. Like another poster said, take your own geiger counter. Do the math for yourself.

As with every decision, one must weigh the risks versus the benefits.
edit on 6/21/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

This.Personally,I don't care how good the money was..given the situation I just wouldn't.

But really,none of us can make that decision for you,op.Does it really matter what we think anyway?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

This.Personally,I don't care how good the money was..given the situation I just wouldn't.

But really,none of us can make that decision for you,op.Does it really matter what we think anyway?

Oh, I wouldn't go for anybody's money myself either. The risks completely outweigh the benefits for me IMO, but I am thinking the OP is halfway there already.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
i wouldn't, but money doesnt really mean much to me. if you think it's worth your health and maybe life then yeh go

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Hey I'm not trying to scare, discourage you, but I'll tell you what happened to a family member of mine and the possible risks of being exposed to that much radiation.

He worked at a military power plant / weapons storage facility in the US. As far as I know and that they could tell us, they spent a lot of time around nuclear fuel rods that went into nuclear reactors. The suits that the defense contractor provided weren't protecting the employees 100% from radiation and he was gradually being exposed to more and more radiation. Eventually he starting getting extremely ill out of the blue.

After going to many doctors and hospitals to figure out what was wrong, I believe he was diagnosed with a extremely rare form of multiple myeloma.

Multiple myeloma is a cancer of your plasma cells, a type of white blood cell present in your bone marrow. Plasma cells normally make proteins called antibodies to help you fight infections.

In multiple myeloma, a group of plasma cells (myeloma cells) becomes cancerous and multiplies, raising the number of plasma cells to a higher than normal level. Since these cells normally make proteins (antibodies), the level of abnormal proteins in your blood also may go up. Health problems caused by multiple myeloma can affect your bones, immune system, kidneys and red blood cell count.

Source: www.mayoclinic.com...

He went through the rounds of chemo and strong drugs, none of which helped, Eventually the doctors attempted a blood marrow transplant which is an extremely dangerous procedure for the donor and the donee. Another one of my family members donated the marrow and it seemed to work at first and he improved started eating, gaining weight, smiling, his attitude changed but unfortunately he didn't make it much longer after the transplant.

R.I.P.

Just telling you some of the risks associated with being exposed to that type of radiation. I'm sure the suits now are way better than the suits then, but can never be too careful.

If you decided to go Godspeed, good luck, stay healthy.
edit on 21-6-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by morningeagle
Hey ATSers. I recently got a job offer (a very good one) from a friend of mine living in Japan.

I have always wanted to go to Japan, I love the history and also very interested in Shintoism and studying Aikido as well as swordplay. All of which would be available to me if I go.

Here's the kicker. I would be working in Fukushima! From reading the countless threads about the nuclear core meltdown and the possible fallout as a result of it I have much trepidation about making the journey over there.

If it wasn't for the nuclear reactor fiasco I would be there in a heartbeat. Although I am still considering the move my mind (or paranoia) is telling me that the health risks are just too dangerous.

What would you do?

Are you kidding? I wouldn't go there if the pay was a million a week. Just look at these sites:

enenews.com...

fukushima-diary.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Oh, I wouldn't go for anybody's money myself either. The risks completely outweigh the benefits for me IMO, but I am thinking the OP is halfway there already.

I think so too,I think he just needed a lil pushing from ATS.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I wouldn't go...the health risks are too great...and really if you went ....you would probably be worrying quite a lot about how ill you will become one day.

Stay here and get a good job....or....am I wrong? Ultimately it is your decision.

I am curious....what is the job? And...how much does it pay?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It isn't worth risking your life for. Don't go!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
If I may ask...what will you be doing in Japan?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Personally, I would not go. I've read enough about the goings on in Japan to know that place is a death trap.
It's a shame.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by oneness86
might come back with a 3rd leg or something

No, his future kids will end up with a third leg. He'll die of cancer.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Love Japan, the Japanese and their culture.....

but I would'nt go anywhere near the country for the next 1000 years (thank God I've already been though)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join