It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Checkpoint of the future' takes shape at Texas airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Ok, so this is supposed to make waiting to get through security a thing of the past..
That would mean no more TSA 'reacharounds',, BUT, the tradeoff? You'd have to use your fingerprints and iris to get through..

USA Today

DALLAS – At a terminal being renovated here at Love Field, contractors are installing 500 high-definition security cameras sharp enough to read an auto license plate or a logo on a shirt. The cameras, capable of tracking passengers from the parking garage to gates to the tarmac, are a key first step in creating what the airline industry would like to see at airports worldwide: a security apparatus that would scrutinize passengers more thoroughly, but less intrusively, and in faster fashion than now.

And

After checking their luggage, passengers would identify themselves not with driver's licenses and paper boarding passes, but by scanning fingerprints or irises to prove they have an electronic ticket.

Passengers would walk with their carry-ons through a screening tunnel, where they'd undergo electronic scrutiny — replacing what now happens at as many as three different stops as they're scanned for metal objects, non-metallic items and explosives.

Granted, I think the NEXUS system in Canada uses your iris to identify you.. its like a 'fast-pass' through security.
However if the future airports are like this, it seems you would have no choice but to give up your fingerprints and iris to be able to fly..! OR is a TSA search better?

VIDEO: Woman accused of groping TSA agent, Faces battery Charges

Not to mention the 'Screening tunnel'.. I wonder how much radiation that thing pumps out..I'm guessing it would be a more sophisticated, forced naked body type-scanner..
You can see how it would definitely save time...

Thoughts?!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
these systems are flawed. what if a terrorist passes all background, iris scans, interviews and is given a nexus type pass.

you might as well just hijack the plane for him and give him a pilots cap.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Sounds like a setup for a falseflag. Sounds to me like its more invasive yet pretends to be less invasive.

What if certain cameras just happen to fail when a terrorist is stickin a bomb in his bag or underwear...hmm...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
What a joke

You allow TSA officials to grope you, you allow to have doses of full body X ray, you remove all things considered dangerous, you remove all liquid that might be harmful etc etc etc.

All of this because of 911 and still to certain point even the official 911 story is flawed.
They make billions and trillions from 911 and you got to endure all that.

Yeah, I know, its sux to be American.

top topics

join