It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executive Privilege and the Divine Right of Kings

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Being that Nixon and Watergate has been commented upon a number of times in this thread and that comparisons have been made between Obama's actions and what we know about Nixon, I think it's somewhat appropriate to point out to those that don't know that this week marks the 40th anniversary of the actual break-in at the Watergate Hotel.

Is this all coincidence? I don't believe in coincidences, personally.

but here is something funny.

last week, someone was moving out of my building and they placed tape on the bolt of the door downstairs so that the door would close but not lock; I assume this would make their move easier.

and on Monday...i got a knock on my door from the management asking whether our water was working properly, as the building was having some plumbing problems.

I wrote all that to say...

...nothing is about to come of this situation.

isn't it weird how a mad scientists mind works?

and you all thought your computers are better than mine.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
We're ALL kings and queens!!! Go get your stuff!!!
:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
as an addition to my post above, I want to remind the readers about a thread I started a few weeks ago:

Is Ron Paul this generation's Gerald Ford...or something like that.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Gerald Ford became President as a direct result of the Watergate break-in...but I assume you all know this fact in great detail.

I'd like to suppose, that this entire performance by Issa in the lower house is someone's attempt to recreate the past.

where these issues by Issa, simultaneously down Obama and ruin Romney and bring Ron Paul to the Presidency.

Am I getting warm?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinTruth
We're ALL kings and queens!!! Go get your stuff!!!
:

Let's see...4 posts. I take it you haven't even read this thread.....

It's a very informative thread...some incredible posts have been made here. Some, that may open your eyes to our Nation's history.

Des

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Here is a question for you, inalienable rights or color of law and legislation, (or in this case, operating unlawfully via some unspoken agreement between federal government and state that relies on the individuals ignorance of law, versus real law, which is defined as constitutional law).

www.break.com...

Who was right in this OC case?

Federal or State?

Constitution or Legislation (or unspoken hidden federal directiives)?

edit on 22-6-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
as an addition to my post above, I want to remind the readers about a thread I started a few weeks ago:

Gerald Ford became President as a direct result of the Watergate break-in...but I assume you all know this fact in great detail.

I'd like to suppose, that this entire performance by Issa in the lower house is someone's attempt to recreate the past.

where these issues by Issa, simultaneously down Obama and ruin Romney and bring Ron Paul to the Presidency.

Am I getting warm?

Wouldn't that scenario be the unintended results?

Although I think we need a leader who actually has enough honor to uphold his oath to protect the Constitution from external and internal enemies, his precedent would also represent an extreme diversion from the status-quo.

Who knows what internal powers (military corporate complex) would do to rid the system of such an ideological protagonist. Any political drama displaying correlations with that of the JFK assassination would only result in another level of the power shift toward the military complex.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by g2v12

Originally posted by michaelbrux

Am I getting warm?

Wouldn't that scenario be the unintended results?

Although I think we need a leader who actually has enough honor to uphold his oath to protect the Constitution from external and internal enemies, his precedent would also represent an extreme diversion from the status-quo.

Who knows what internal powers (military corporate complex) would do to rid the system of such an ideological protagonist. Any political drama displaying correlations with that of the JFK assassination would only result in another level of the power shift toward the military complex.

unfortunately, you already are under "military" rule. you have been for decades..

don't worry though, your king will take care of them.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mzungu

As that is not Constitutional and the Constitution is the law of the land, that is not even remotely true, but a lie they like to spread around non stop. They cannot legally conduct one false flag on the back of another to justify non stop, military rule either.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Sure, it has absolutely nothing to do with the debacle that is known as Fast and Furious. It really doesn't matter if the ATF breaks the law in order to "uphold the law" and in the process winds up facilitating lawlessness. That can't possibly be the reason an Oversight Committee is investigating. It must be some sort of tin foil hat wearing conspiracy that is nothing more than merely politics.

I bet you could never hit the Pinata either.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

in reality...its impossible to exist unlawfully.

if any government was in fact 'unlawful' it would collapse immediately. as has happened over the past week in Egypt, Kuwait and Pakistan. The reason Belgium went years without a government was because no government they could assemble could stand, none of them lawful.

just as certain as it would be impossible for any one of us to step off the side of a building and not fall. that is law. law is uncompromising and not subject to debate.

that's where ignorance of the law truly emerges.

people will realize at some point that if, in fact, politicians or the things they do were unlawful...that they would be destroyed immediately; destroyed by the very law they ignored. their careers, not their bodies.

people make claims but their claims aren't consistent with what must occur.

if it exists, it is lawful for if it were not it would not exist.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Common Law is equivalent to saying, thou shalt not harm. And that negates most of what you're referring to.

Its criminal the way people in this world have been enslaved.

Even if 99% would want that, they're ignorance should never tread upon the rights of the 1% who see otherwise.

For even ignorance of the law is not an excuse, as that 99% would be displaying.

I will say this, the corruption in this world relies on Bullying, Thuggery and Ignorance!

Not true Law, ie the Virtues.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

you'd lose that bet and many others if it involved me.

but lets not pretend as if a debate can solve this.

I've had the opportunity to study lawless people. they don't like being lawless so they lie nonstop and accuse.

the environment that has allowed them to continue this behavior for the last 40 years is quickly approaching its end.

so...we'll just sit here and watch what happens.

i will be right and to the extent you disagree with my guidance, you will be wrong.

nothing will come of the Obama use of Executive Privilege and Issa might not be a representative for very long.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by g2v12

micheal is no where near on the right track and it has all ready been pointed out in this thread that Obama could have demanded Holders resignation a long time ago, and Congress did not force, nor even suggest that Obama involve himself the way he has in this Oversight by invoking executive privilege.

It is way past disingenuous to suggest that an Oversight committee tasked with oversight is playing politics because they are investigating the clear and present failures of a highly dubious strategy employed by the FTA.

It is way post odious to suggest that the illegal activities of an administrative agency should be overlooked during election cycles only so as to avoid the appearance of impropriety. It is improper to use elections cycles as a get out of jail free card, or even a get out of being investigated card.

Obama needn't have involved himself in this Oversight at all. That was his decision.

What exactly is Pres. Obama guilty of?

Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) and Senate Judiciary Committee Ranking Member Charles Grassley (R-Iowa) are out for Democrat blood five months before a national election, and that's just the political undercurrent.

There's no evidence pointing toward the president, just a query that is being rejected by the White House for obvious politicizing, other than guilt alone at this point.

Judging by your writing ability, you seem to be intelligent (and hopefully informed) enough to know that in May Mr. Issa publicly commented that Pres. Obama would 'sell out our national security' to the Russians if reelected. Interesting that he now heads a committee attacking Obama's man, Holder.

Until I see material evidence that there is more to this event than Republicans making themselves appear more worthy at the poles, why should I (or anyone) with pure intent assume that Pres. Obama is culpable?

Maybe its time for YOU to suck it up and deal with the facts at hand, instead of being the judge, jury and hangman in lieu of material discovery.
edit on 22-6-2012 by g2v12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Fine, let's stipulate from here on out that michealbrux can hit a Pinata blindfolded.

Your anecdotal evidence of your experience as a convict is hardly any sort of authority anyone should be relying upon to determine whether or not a President invoking executive privilege to obstruct justice is justified.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Common Law is equivalent to saying, thou shalt not harm. And that negates most of what you're referring to.

Its criminal the way people in this world have been enslaved.

Even if 99% would want that, they're ignorance should never tread upon the rights of the 1% who see otherwise.

For even ignorance of the law is not an excuse, as that 99% would be displaying.

I will say this, the corruption in this world relies on Bullying, Thuggery and Ignorance!

Not true Law, ie the Virtues.

that is obtuse, right JPZ?

I already know the Law...it is what it is. deal with it.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Fine, let's stipulate from here on out that michealbrux can hit a Pinata blindfolded.

Your anecdotal evidence of your experience as a convict is hardly any sort of authority anyone should be relying upon to determine whether or not a President invoking executive privilege to obstruct justice is justified.

this man knows what he is talking about!

i like you.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

its total authority.

for someone like me to have to go to a prison makes me an authority on all types of issues regarding the governance of Americans.

you should rely on it.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Actually in all the debates where you post, I would say you know their corporate "psuedo law" mumbo jumbo, and thats mainly crimes against humanity for which they will answer either here, with effort on the people's behalf, or afterwards.

That you cling to the pseudo laws shows you believe in dictatorship.

Which by its nature is slavery and is 100% illegal.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Your premise regarding absolute authority is correct. I'd like to know more about your case. You don't seem to fit the stereotype.

edit on 22-6-2012 by g2v12 because: arrangement

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

while I do know the corporate law, somewhat...enough to function in society.

my understanding of the real law is profound.

i also know that the real and corporate, not just in this land but in all land, are in the process of reconciling themselves unto one another.

that's what the war is all about.

what Issa is doing, in my opinion, is part of the effort to confound the reconciliation.

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join