It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executive Privilege and the Divine Right of Kings

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by g2v12

i heard them making excuses for Sandusky on Fox this afternoon.

when I heard them talking, I thought about this thread.

that was my WTF? moment today.

wait...no. I had two WTF? moments today. This was the second.

news.yahoo.com...

this guy murdered 77 people. he admits it. his defense attorney closes by telling the court to acquit him and find him sane.

edit on 22-6-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I think he is....hiding behind EP.

but that's what's happening. come to terms with it.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

WRONG.

I will not come to terms with him hiding behind it.

Neither will Brian Terry's family,and anyone else,that still believes in the Constitution.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

suit yourself. complain about it all you like.

but that's what's happening.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

He's using EP to drag this out beyond the election, which it surely will unless there's a legal (not political) reason to prosecute.

I've been on this planet too long not recognize the pattern. Making anything more of it is simply an ideological inference. Looking at historical cases, I can't imagine how this will hurt him in the election.

Pres. Obama's decision to invoke EP was deemed a decision that would limit the political damage created by the virtue of this investigation.

I don't agree with the assertion by some that EP has any profound effect on the validity of the Constitution. Its more a political matter that fills a power vacuum between congress and the executive branch.

According to the Supreme Court judgement, It prevents congress (or opposing political parties) from challenging a president without probable cause.

If the president can be dragged through the mud, simply for his unique position, then where's the justice?
edit on 22-6-2012 by g2v12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

the Attorney General is an extension of the Presidency.

More divine right theory from you?

The U.S. Attorney-General is an extension of Congress established by the Judiciary Act of 1789:

And there shall also be appointed a meet person, learned in the law, to act as attorney-general for the United States, who shall be sworn or affirmed to a faithful execution of his office; whose duty it shall be to prosecute and conduct all suits in the Supreme Court in which the United States shall be concerned, and to give his advice and opinion upon questions of law when required by the President of the United States, or when requested by the heads of any of the departments, touching any matters that may concern their departments, and shall receive such compensation for his services as shall by law be provided.

You would think that someone claiming to know "more law" than I'll ever know wouldn't need such a simple and basic point of law explained to them.

There is no way you don't see the link, unless you don't want to see it.

I'm sorry, brother, but someone has stolen my tin foil hat and without it I don't think I will be able to see these imaginary links you insist are there.

I see the link between the current activities and Nixon. I see the link between Ron Paul and Gerald Ford.

Damnit! I have got to catch your live show. When are you performing in Los Angeles? At the Improv? The Laugh Factory? Please let me know, I wouldn't miss your live show.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by g2v12

perhaps he is. but I do know that Newt Gingrich was equally indignant about Bill Clinton. you see what that got him.

these things more often than not turn out bad for people in Issa's position and not so bad for a President

if Obama is a gambling man, he'll probably go ahead and take his chances...he'd probably give you points.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

You should read closer. We wouldn't want your supporters to begin to lose faith in you.

AG is a Cabinet Post.

en.wikipedia.org...

oddly enough...the Vice President is closer to the Legislature than the AG.

AG is an executive post; executive as in White House.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
From Monty Python and The Holy Grail

King Arthur: I am your king.
Peasant Woman: Well, I didn't vote for you.
King Arthur: You don't vote for kings.
Peasant Woman: Well, how'd you become king, then?
[Angelic music plays... ]
King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king.
Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Arthur: Be quiet!
Dennis the Peasant: You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

reply to post by g2v12

perhaps he is. but I do know that Newt Gingrich was equally indignant about Bill Clinton. you see what that got him.

these things more often than not turn out bad for people in Issa's position and not so bad for a President

if Obama is a gambling man, he'll probably go ahead and take his chances...he'd probably give you points.

Your examples make sense. And yes, political attacks like this one could really backfire.

BTW-would you mind actually posting the quote you are replying to? It really helps for those trying to follow the content. Thanks brother.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Then under violation of Trust, President Obama is to be held responsible for war crimes, legalized thievery, excessive spending, perjury, and enforced law legislation that inflict harm on the people.

If we can do this, then we have a future, and we can put an honest person in this fordouchious system.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

You should read closer. We wouldn't want your supporters to begin to lose faith in you.

AG is a Cabinet Post.

en.wikipedia.org...

That very same Wikipedia article you linked makes the very same assertion I did. Of course I didn't have my tin-foil hat on so maybe I missed all the super secret top secret encrypted codes in that article.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

AG is a Cabinet Post.

en.wikipedia.org...

That very same Wikipedia article you linked makes the very same assertion I did. Of course I didn't have my tin-foil hat on so maybe I missed all the super secret top secret encrypted codes in that article.

you should re-read the entry...you are clearly confused about the nature of the AG.

by your reasoning the Department of Defense and Joint Chiefs are an extension of Congress.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

you should re-read the entry...you are clearly confused about the nature of the AG.

I actually read the Judiciary Act of 1789 that establishes the office. Established by Congress. Ergo an extension of Congress. The "nature" of the Attorney General's Office is defined by, and under the purview of Congress, as the power vested in that office stems from Congress:

He shall have power, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, to make treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, shall appoint ambassadors, other public ministers and consuls, judges of the Supreme Court, and all other officers of the United States, whose appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by law: but the Congress may by law vest the appointment of such inferior officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the courts of law, or in the heads of departments.

~Article II; Section 2~

I know, I know, those pesky TPTB who for some odd reason were compelled to contact a convict, or ex-con and share all their secrets with probably insist that the Constitution available for reading, and all subsequent Acts are phony and the "real" Constitution and "laws" are super secret shared only with convicts, or ex-con's who have the proper world view, but for the rest of us who "buy into" the "phony" Constitution and subsequent Acts that are made available to the public, this is how it reads.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

one should ask themselves, then.

how can a President protect a creation of Congress?

if what you seem determined to hold onto was the case, Congress shouldn't have to ask for anything; as the documents belong to Congress. they should be able to download and print out the documents at their leisure.

don't despair...the world is full of people like yourself.

but why the personal attacks? knowing how to beat people up and take their money is a valuable skill.

moreso...than excellent thread authorship on ATS.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

This is precisely what people are asking themselves. This is precisely why people are challenging the appropriateness of Obama invoking executive privilege. This is precisely why Issa wrote Obama's actions came as a surprise.

I'll tell you what is no surprise though, that you are praising this lawless action and declaring it good simply because it was done, as if murder is lawful simply because people murder, or theft is lawful simply because people steal. That attitude is no surprise coming from you.

Tragically, the world is filled with people like you, which is why we form governments to begin with, to deal with the lawlessness of thugs.

If the world was filled with people like me, there wouldn't be so many thugs and outlaws in government. Your perception that the world is filled with people like me comes from the fact that this site - ATS - is filled with people like me. It is well known though that ATS does not fairly represent the masses, who are people much like you.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

This is precisely what people are asking themselves. This is precisely why people are challenging the appropriateness of Obama invoking executive privilege. This is precisely why Issa wrote Obama's actions came as a surprise.

I'll tell you what is no surprise though, that you are praising this lawless action and declaring it good simply because it was done, as if murder is lawful simply because people murder, or theft is lawful simply because people steal. That attitude is no surprise coming from you.

Tragically, the world is filled with people like you, which is why we form governments to begin with, to deal with the lawlessness of thugs.

If the world was filled with people like me, there wouldn't be so many thugs and outlaws in government. Your perception that the world is filled with people like me comes from the fact that this site - ATS - is filled with people like me. It is well known though that ATS does not fairly represent the masses, who are people much like you.

i haven't praised anything. I told you to accept what has occurred.

sometimes your opponent uses methods most would consider unfair and sometimes the referee doesn't call a play in the athletes favor...do you know what the wrong thing to do is argue with them.

its not me that is confused in the matter. embrace your outrage and your sense of moral superiority all you like.

i already know what will happen to you.

or you can accept it and plan your next action.

if you think someone is going to come and change something to make it easier for you or intervene on your behalf..you will be disappointed.

you sound like a crying child to be honest.

he invoked EP...that's what's up.

deal with it.

you won't be handed what it is you want and your weapons of violence won't work.

but you will be handed your ass if you don't accept the reality of the situation.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Sure, people murder. "Get over it." People steal. "Get over it." Rights are trampled upon daily. "Get over it."

sometimes your opponent uses methods most would consider unfair and sometimes the referee doesn't call a play in the athletes favor...do you know what the wrong thing to do is argue with them.

A brilliant coach will put himself in jeopardy of being evicted from the game, not because he thinks he will win the argument, but because he understands the value it will have to his team and their morale. I am not surprised at all that you wouldn't understand this.

A comedian and a fortune teller? Don't count on me purchasing tickets to your carnival tent theatrics, sport. I may enjoy your jokes, but I'm not fan of mystics.

Yeah. So did Nixon. Oh wat up wit dat playa?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Sure, people murder. "Get over it." People steal. "Get over it." Rights are trampled upon daily. "Get over it."

A brilliant coach will put himself in jeopardy of being evicted from the game, not because he thinks he will win the argument, but because he understands the value it will have to his team and their morale. I am not surprised at all that you wouldn't understand this.

A comedian and a fortune teller? Don't count on me purchasing tickets to your carnival tent theatrics, sport. I may enjoy your jokes, but I'm not fan of mystics.

Yeah. So did Nixon. Oh wat up wit dat playa?

In a way you sound like George Zimmerman. you don't realize it yet... but proceed on your own path. I'm going to the beach.

doesn't take psychic ability to pull your card.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

doesn't take psychic ability to pull your card.

No, just a member who claims to be an ex-con with close ties to super secret top secret power elites. Oooooh, I'm quivering as I type.

It would actually be nice to think that some powerful cabal is fully aware of JPZ and his cantankerous antics. Hard to believe, but nice to imagine.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join