It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

swag, yolo, HAM...what the hell is wrong with todays people..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I see this becoming more and more popular, people behaving like idiots just to fit in with all these trends especially with the young kids its so stupid...[

Just watch the video if u don't know what I'm talking about..think this belongs in rant forum by the way

www.youtube.com...
edit on 21-6-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I still don't know what the hell yolo means..

& HAM..as in an acronym for summat?

P.S. - Your video link isn't working.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Unfortunately the youtube video you inserted does not seem to be working for me. So all I can say is................What the hell are you talking about??? lol, I don't understand what 'swag, yolo, HAM' means! Sounds like some gobbledegook or Clockwork Orange speak.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Swag has been around a while, it's the worthless crap that kids are talked into buying and displaying based solely on the label and current fads - only now it appeals more and more to adults, thanks to fake hiphop culture. A common example would be Nike or Adidas shoes, or those big ugly metal chains some guys wear around their neck.

YOLO means "You Only Live Once", no idea about HAM.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Alright i just put a link now.....
HAM=(Hard As a Motha#?%@*
YOLO (You Only Live Once)

Those that can't view the video there's a drunk man leading the cops on highspeed chase ...he pin balls between about 4 vehicles could of seriously injured a couple and their 3 year old at the end the cops pull him out he says he lead them on a chase cause he's got "Swag" real idiot responses
edit on 21-6-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
quote: " what is dr*gs". I think he's lying!!.
edit on 21-6-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Leave the children alone.

in the 30s they said bees knees... Adults too!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NewerBeing

I don't think "beez neez" made kids do dangerously stupid stunts

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

That man is on bathsalts

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

The normal things of the day back then were dangerous enough.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

It's called being drunk/high

What does slang have to do with that?

edit on 21-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
And this affects you how? Just because there is a trend doesn't mean they are mindless children.

But you know...YOLO so just keep going HAM!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

You can just YouTube you'll get tons of other stupid stunts of course this one was a bit more dangerous since there were drugs involved..

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

The video you posted wasn't a stunt. It was a guy running from the police in a car. People have been running from the police since police were invented. Why are you correlating unrelated things?

edit on 21-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Clearly Bath Salts

Anyhow,
SWAG = How you carry yourself, carrying yourself appropriately in the situation at hand. Can refer to not only how you dress, but how you act. Just a word teens use. Same meaning as 'fine' or 'prettyboy' or something.

i.e. Obviously someone who wears a huge white T and baggy pants does not have swag.

The guy in the video does not have swag of any kind. He is what teens call "a lame".

YOLO = You Only Live Once. This is just a word you say when you are living in the moment. It's funny to use in random situations.

HAM = Hard As a M***f****er. This is just the name of a song. To go ham means you are giving it your all, going as hard as you can. i.e "Im about to go ham on this dinner" - a phrase that was uttered not long ago by my cousin.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

His responses are about how he has Swag and he just wanted to look cool in front if his peers...I see this happen all the time they do stupid things yelling out YOLO or swag to impress their friends abd make them laugh

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

Are you trolling or just really old?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
My thinking is this. When you start wondering what is wrong with today's kids, it is a sign that you are getting old.

This is how the older generations have always looked at the next generation and said " What is wrong with these kids?"

My grandparents generation looked at my parents generation and wondered why on earth they could ever listen to that "Rock and Roll noise".

Each generation changes. You are used to what you grew up with and I assure you the generation before you, was asking the same question about you and the things you were into.

Some day, the kids today will grow up and ask what is wrong with the next generation.

The bottom line is, things change and people get stuck in their ways. It's not that there is anything wrong with people today, it's just different then you are used to.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Actually, this is a new phenomenon, beginning in the US with the "Gibson Girls" in the Gay 90s. That was the first "youth oriented culture." Affluence created enough leisure that young people could lay around instead of working. The indolence created a sense of self.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join