It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Are we transhumanist the superior group?

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
"To be a transhumanist is to be free of primitive beliefs"

Every human being chipped and tagged for your enhanced existence. If one goes missing we can easily rescue you by activating your ID-tag. Thanks to future chip enhancements we will be able to learn faster than ever. Just think of how many people will be cured of their learning disabilities if they get chip implants. Enhanced Synthetic body mods and organ enhancements will push mankind to a whole new level. New nano Incubator systems for curing cancer for our loved ones.

During the singularity line we will have full body cybernetic. A complete fusion of man and machine taking us to a state of existence you can't even imagine. Want a child, a husband, wife or a nice house? You could then either virtually buy them uploading them to your matrix or save credit to create biohumans for this atom reality we live in.

Once you eliminate primitive religions, politics, illogical thinking and many other pointless meaningless belief systems, one is left with transhumanism. We exist to become gods. We exist to take back our universe from nature.




posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa
 


Cosmists are the superior group.

Bring on the artilects.



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa
 



Biochips? ID tagging? Synthetic bodies? Create biohumans? Mankind becoming gods?

No offense but this sounds like the manifesto for the Illuminati/anti-Christ.
edit on 6/21/12 by shaluach because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Resistance will be futile.



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Yay! Can't wait to be a mindless borg with zero freedom or interest. I'll take out some transhumanists with my shotgun before they get ahold of me with chips and ID tags. Sound more like Antihumanists to me and they don't sound superior to ants or bees much less actual humans.



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I like where this thread is going...



Go on....ill just sit back and watch



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach
reply to post by Alyssa
 



Biochips? ID tagging? Synthetic bodies? Create biohumans? Mankind becoming gods?

No offense but this sounds like the manifesto for the Illuminati/anti-Christ.
edit on 6/21/12 by shaluach because: (no reason given)


Then wouldn't you say the illuminati are the good guys? Taking mankind from being cave beast to tech gods. If anything it's everything else that blinds us. All the pleasures and cures in life come from science, technology and humans. Not god, not faith, not love or hope, but from science and man working as ONE.



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa
 


"take back our universe from nature"?

How is this not the most asinine, "primitive" ambition/belief ever pondered?

Last time i checked, everything in the natural existence is nature. Evolution is nature. Are transhumanists planning on getting rid of gravity, space and time? The human mind is nature. Is there a plan to take back the mind from itself? From your definition it would seem Transhumanists are in direct opposition with everything that they truly are.

What a dangerously ignorant and stupid philosophy. Wouldn't it be much easier to simply acknowledge self as nature and the God you put in your future? I don't think becoming a bio-robot is some kind of ultimate achievement. It is retarded. If i were to wish to become a God it would be one that doesn't require a poisonous battery to move around. It would be one that is no longer bound by the illusory physical reality we bind ourselves to. Seriously.. being a robot is God now? Lack of imagination... maybe transhumanists should overcome that hurdle before mindlessly forcing everyone to have a magic bio-chip for their safety.



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alyssa

Originally posted by shaluach
reply to post by Alyssa
 



Biochips? ID tagging? Synthetic bodies? Create biohumans? Mankind becoming gods?

No offense but this sounds like the manifesto for the Illuminati/anti-Christ.
edit on 6/21/12 by shaluach because: (no reason given)


Then wouldn't you say the illuminati are the good guys? Taking mankind from being cave beast to tech gods. If anything it's everything else that blinds us. All the pleasures and cures in life come from science, technology and humans. Not god, not faith, not love or hope, but from science and man working as ONE.


Intolerance is primitive. Transhumanists should take a minute or two and study pre china tibetan culture and society to get an idea of what a truly advanced society looks like. I mean it. Spend some time looking at it. You tell me how peaceful contentment can be improved upon.



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
Yay! Can't wait to be a mindless borg with zero freedom or interest. I'll take out some transhumanists with my shotgun before they get ahold of me with chips and ID tags. Sound more like Antihumanists to me and they don't sound superior to ants or bees much less actual humans.


No my friend, you will have freedom to be an evolved being or a beast of the past. Do you not desire the end of suffering for other humans? Do you not want cures for diseases? Transhumanism will protect our future children, evolve them. Smarter, more logical, less aggression like yours and a much high state of mental freedom.

At a singularity point you will see things much clearer. You will still have your freedom of thought, but you feel more at peace in a singularity.



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh
reply to post by Alyssa
 


"take back our universe from nature"?

How is this not the most asinine, "primitive" ambition/belief ever pondered?

Last time i checked, everything in the natural existence is nature. Evolution is nature. Are transhumanists planning on getting rid of gravity, space and time? The human mind is nature. Is there a plan to take back the mind from itself? From your definition it would seem Transhumanists are in direct opposition with everything that they truly are.

What a dangerously ignorant and stupid philosophy. Wouldn't it be much easier to simply acknowledge self as nature and the God you put in your future? I don't think becoming a bio-robot is some kind of ultimate achievement. It is retarded. If i were to wish to become a God it would be one that doesn't require a poisonous battery to move around. It would be one that is no longer bound by the illusory physical reality we bind ourselves to. Seriously.. being a robot is God now? Lack of imagination... maybe transhumanists should overcome that hurdle before mindlessly forcing everyone to have a magic bio-chip for their safety.


You must think of the suffering, the heart breaking reality we live in to only realize nature is chaos and your god you so believe in is dead. Here you are a man living in a warm house who isn't living in some 3rd world country speaking to me about accepting nature and a cruel god. Transhumanism is about ending all of that suffering. It's about all of us together evolving into what we desire.



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alyssa
At a singularity point you will see things much clearer. You will still have your freedom of thought, but you feel more at peace in a singularity.


That is a meaningless statement. I don't think you know what it means yourself. Buying off on the transhumanist rhetoric is just as stupid as believing Jesus will save your soul. Treating science as a religion is, IMO, a big mistake. Different words; same foolishness.



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q33323
Resistance will be futile.




The ultimate transhumanists...the Borg.



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   


All the pleasures and cures in life come from science, technology and humans.


Yes technology has and will continue to help humanity overcome many of our biggest issues, but you sadly have also decided to overlook the fact that technology and technological progress has had some extremely negative consequences as well.

To begin with I will say it bluntly: technology has brought into existence the ability for humans to destroy all life on earth through nuclear weapons. or bio-medical research.

Next I will set the argument that through our reliance on technology we have significantly reduced the average IQ of most humans on the earth. If you need proof of this consider the fact that people like Leonardo da Vinci had no Computer or electricity for that matter and then ask yourself do you truly believe there are modern equivalents to him?

Finally I will say in reference to Artilects and talk of the singularity: I hope you guys like living in a computer aided dreamworld hooked to the machines as nothing but a mere power source.
edit on 21-6-2012 by boot2theface because: Spelling

edit on 21-6-2012 by boot2theface because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   


All the pleasures and cures in life come from science, technology and humans.


Oh and I almost forgot. You also mistakenly said "All" the pleasures and cures...

Have you never heard of a nice quiet walk through nature, taking extreme pleasure in the beauty and functionality of the natural world or possibly to find some natural cures?



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by Alyssa
At a singularity point you will see things much clearer. You will still have your freedom of thought, but you feel more at peace in a singularity.


That is a meaningless statement. I don't think you know what it means yourself. Buying off on the transhumanist rhetoric is just as stupid as believing Jesus will save your soul. Treating science as a religion is, IMO, a big mistake. Different words; same foolishness.


Your comment I agree with. The agenda of this OP and reading prior threads gives me serious concerns. I think this OP has a delusion that is not based in reality and it is so far from human empathy that it makes me believe she is already a borg come here to test us.....Yuck



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa
 


no
they are not.
proof follows:



"Despisers of the body, are not bridges to the Superman"
-Nietzsche

"The Human Body, is the Ultimate Chariot of Khaos"
-Peter Carrol



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger
 


Sorry for the minimal post, but lulz x1000. Linux FTW!



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alyssa


Then wouldn't you say the illuminati are the good guys? Taking mankind from being cave beast to tech gods. If anything it's everything else that blinds us. All the pleasures and cures in life come from science, technology and humans. Not god, not faith, not love or hope, but from science and man working as ONE.


The good guys? Absolutely not. They are not turning us into tech gods. They will turn us into mindless robots, drones, designed to do their will, according to your description.

You praise science (like a good "humanist" I'm sure) but where do you think this knowledge comes from. I'll tell ya: the Most High. Humanism concerns me, though, because it's such a misnomer. So many "humanists" are not for humanity. Your OP is evidence of that.



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by boot2theface


Finally I will say in reference to Artilects and talk of the singularity: I hope you guys like living in a computer aided dreamworld hooked to the machines as nothing but a mere power source.


Exactly! Their vision for humanity is nothing more than being part of the machine; being locked in the Matrix.



new topics

top topics



 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join