It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy 101, What Every Beginner Should Know.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
When I began researching it was truly by accident. I ran around like a crazy person, and had no way to really find out the basics, so I winded up being excessively paranoid, out of the loop, and scared. When I did have a chance to ask others, that I thought might have a clue, I was ridiculed, and frankly shunned by some.

Though I have been here for quite a few years, it took me 2 years before my first introduction, and even then thought that I wasn't "good enough" as of yet, but took a chance. There were ups and downs and some people out there in ATS world were very helpful, and some not so much, but I was happy that I found people like me.

If I had actually found a place to ask questions without being considered a "newbie" I may have been here many more years before, and I fear that there are still many of you out there that may be doing the same, you want to become more then a lurker, but aren't quite sure.

So I propose that this be an open thread for those more "experienced" researchers to answer questions to help others find their path without the ridicule, or mocking, and just help guide. I remember when I first heard of 2012 I really thought that me and my family were going to watch a planet fry us all, and I was afraid to ask for a link, a book, a reference, or even a kind word of "dont worry, research first", and then decide.

I would like to offer that now. Many are scared and I am noticing, and hate that we are sometimes afraid to ask. So I am here to offer, as I am sure many more members will as well.

If I dont have the answer, I will try to, or maybe another member can. I am not an expert at anything in particular but I have lots of PDF's on many subjects, and links and vids of course.

You never know your question may also be helping someone out there like you

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
As much as I agree with this Idea and would love to have a thread such as this, I believe it will not work... However I hope it will...
There are too many differing ideas and information and opinions that it will turn any thread into a slanging match.

However I do love this Idea and I hope that people will be civil enough to actually contribute and not ridicule others with the whole my theory is better than yours.... "You reading this Mods???"

Excellent Idea...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Ok, Ill start.

When I first started I heard about 2012, I never really heard of it before, now mind you this is right before swine flu was hitting the MSM. So I was in super panic mode. Every where I went there was doom, I spent over $500.00 in vitamins, gas masks, tents, etc,. which by the way, I began looking into survival, which was good to know, but I was doing it for all the wrong reasons..... fear.

I didn't even know that there were others that weren't fear mongers, because my google search lead me to the scariest places. I didn't know people were searching for years, and some thought of it as a good thing, and not at all scary.

This in turn lead me to places like ATS, which I frequented a few back them, but now contribute only here, but that was because people were opening up. I noticed that some people out there had some answers or at least guidance, and I didn't have to practically die in panic, if I just looked around, and asked questions.

As the above poster stated, this isn't to debate but to share, you may know a book that is different from another's, that shouldn't cause debate, because now there are 2 books circulating and people can decide themselves.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread,NRE.

Yes ,it can be intimidating at first,but research is your friend.
Many of my belief "bubbles" have been burst,hence the deny ignorance motto.
The thing is to choose wisely the sources in which you research from.

But don't hold back on anything,and stand strong in your belief.
Present your facts,or even your own experience.
Share it.
There are plenty who come along to put it down.
If you feel strong enough about the subject,let your voice be heard.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I don't quite understand this thread. Is it for calming people who may be losing their minds?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
I don't quite understand this thread. Is it for calming people who may be losing their minds?

More on educating yourselves on the in and outs of conspiracies.
Many have debunked and reborned again,over and over.
Sometimes there is new info,sometimes it's the same ol' same ol'.
The "old timers" roll they're eyes at the above,but I feel it should be an education to spread the word.
Educating those that are new to all this so the knowledge can spread.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Isn't that what ATS, in general, is for? You post your opinion on a topic, someone tells you they agree or disagree, other people add their opinion, etc? Unless maybe you're saying that ATS members, who have been here awhile, are like an appeal to authority? Or am I not understanding you at all?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
reply to post by kdog1982

Isn't that what ATS, in general, is for? You post your opinion on a topic, someone tells you they agree or disagree, other people add their opinion, etc? Unless maybe you're saying that ATS members, who have been here awhile, are like an appeal to authority? Or am I not understanding you at all?

Yes,that is what ATS is suppose to be ,but sometimes it's not.
The most important thing is to be civil,have a thick skin,and research.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

I think that I worded quite well to where I was going with this, including my fears from my beginning to research, and how I felt sometimes intimidated to ask questions. There is a sense of sometimes feeling lost if you dont know where to start and I think that if I would have tried that I would not have been so scared in the first place.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
reply to post by trysts

I think that I worded quite well to where I was going with this, including my fears from my beginning to research, and how I felt sometimes intimidated to ask questions. There is a sense of sometimes feeling lost if you dont know where to start and I think that if I would have tried that I would not have been so scared in the first place.

Peace, NRE.

So you started this thread to ask people's opinions on where/when they started doubting official stories of events which were suspicious? Or am I totally clueless?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
When attempting to challenge accepted ideas and norms it is important to be able to sort out the facts from the fiction. Here are a couple of good links for tactics and distractions to be aware of:

www.informationisbeautiful.net...
www.whale.to...

The best source I have yet found for one of the biggest conspiracies of this time:

Google Video Link

top topics

join