It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Moody's Set to Announce Global Banking Downgrade!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Moody’s could downgrade the debt ratings of as many as 15 global investment banks after the closing bell today, a move that would cost the banks billions of dollars in extra collateral.

www.cnbc.com...

Very bad news for the private sector that seems to be doing--so called "fine."

Some banks are expected to get notched down to a BAA2 level. The Dow has been selling off stocks like crazy Currently at a record breaking 250 points in the red on this second day of summer June 2012. We may have just hit the Depression level people. But I am sure others with far more knowledge of economics can make some sense out of all this.
edit on 21-6-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
These banks should have been downgraded long ago and you really can not determine risk by these worthless credit ratings ... Look at the US .. Do you really think we are going to pay back all of the national debt? It will never happen with the value of todays money...the dollar will be devalued through inflation and more fiat paper money printing....

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
One more sign of a planned global economic collapse! Where were these rating's agency's before the 2008 crash?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I would be interested in seeing which contracts are going to be defaulted on and where the extra collateral cash comes from personally. This may be a good way to shed thousands of unprofitable portfolios. I would also want to know how this will effect mutual funds at most of these banks. In particular, retiree's mutual funds.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The Bell closes 4 PM EST stock market opens back 9 AM tomorrow. At least this didn't happen on a friday where everyone will be confused as to what will happen the whole weekend. This reminds me of last summer only the market sell off happened in August...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
woops double post
edit on 21-6-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Pretty soon the only one
with a AAA credit rating,
will be EXXON.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

exxon's not a bank. Try again.

Think before posting useless crap next time. Thanks

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Check their Moody's credit rating and try again.

www.moodys.com...

seekingalpha.com...
edit on 21-6-2012 by sealing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Moody’s could downgrade the debt ratings of as many as 15 global investment banks after the closing bell today

Im watching CNN right now, and just a few seconds ago they announced Moodys just now went ahead with the downgrades.

US stocks didnt do too well today either. I wonder how they will react tomorrow

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Sure they have better credit rating, but they are not a bank. I'm sure Apple has better credit rating too, but they are still not a bank!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Citibank, BOA, and Morgan Stanley are all looking to be affected by this. It would be interesting to have someone with economic expertise comment on the possible fallout of a downgrade, and how much affect it will have on the global economy, if any. Once again, it looks as if the wheels are coming off. Anyone ever hear the term CTD or circling the drain?
edit on 21-6-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaws1975
One more sign of a planned global economic collapse! Where were these rating's agency's before the 2008 crash?

Giving tripple A ratings to Collateralized debt made up from sub prime mortgages.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The only problem I have with the Great Depression warnings is, they had these same warnings last year but the system flattened out after the summer.

I guess the question should be how long can this go on?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Morgan Stanley now faces a $6.8 billion margin call tomorrow after being dropped two notches

Suckers!
edit on 21-6-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

That's what you come up with?
I was trying to be helpful.
First you say I brought useless crap to your thread,
(this from a guy with 6 exclamation points in the thread title )
and 5 min ago you didn't know EXXON had a credit rating.
EXXON owns banks.
Does that qualify for your thread?

stockzoa.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Morgan Stanley now faces a $6.8 billion margin call tomorrow after being dropped two notches

edit on 21-6-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)
Ouch! That's going to hurt someones pocket. For those who don't know what a margin call is.

A broker's demand on an investor using margin to deposit additional money or securities so that the margin account is brought up to the minimum maintenance margin. Margin calls occur when a you account value depresses to a value calculated by the broker's particular formula. Read more: www.investopedia.com...
Or

You would receive a margin call from a broker if one or more of the securities you had bought (with borrowed money) decreased in value past a certain point. You would be forced either to deposit more money in the account or to sell off some of your assets. Read more: www.investopedia.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Yeah, I didn't know Exxon had a credit rating...Wow
That's funny, because you apparently don't know that Banks own Exxon. It's the other way around!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

You have to realize it doesn't work that way?
Yes the banks are on the board of directors
But telling EXXON they are owned by banks will
certainly be news to them.

You know "oops I'm sorry when I said you brought useless crap
to my thread" would have worked too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join