It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grateful Dead at the Great Pyramid—What it looked like when the world order actually changed on Se

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
In September 1978 the Grateful Dead played 3 shows outdoors in Giza, beside the Sphinx. ON the third night, September 16, there was a full lunar eclipse, which the band its followers were very aware of. The shows were announced in January, and from the start, it was clear these were not just acid tests.

The Dead have always attracted a fair share of crazies…some of them quite brilliant. Among the folks pushing for the Egypt shows were many who pointed to a new world order being noted in several prophecies—from the discovery of Edgar Cayce’s Hall of Records “when the shadow of the moon falls between the paws of the Sphinx;” to calculations based on 1,978-3/4 “pyramid inches” from the entrance of the Great Pyramid to the king’s chamber; to biblical prophecies citing the return of the capstone to the Great Pyramid; to UFO’s landing atop the Great Pyramid.

My wife and I traveled to Egypt for all three shows, and although we didn’t buy into any of the prophecies, I found them very interesting and tried to get as much info as possible from the folks involved. One of them, Michael Mooney, wrote a book called ‘The Cosmic Light and Power of the Great Pyramid” in early 1978, which presented the “pyramid inch” prophecy.

I lived in Eugene at the time, and was friendly acquaintance of Ken Kesey, who also journeyed to Egypt for the Dead shows/eclipse, along with Paul Krassner, Owsley, a handful of aging pranksters and a few hundred devoted deadheads from US and Europe. Kesey turned me onto a copy of book called “The Emerald Tablets of Thoth,” translated by Doreal—which didn’t connect directly to the offered yet another perspective on the changing world order.

Other prophetic interpretations of the 9-16-1978 event were based on the full lunar eclipse that took place on September 16, 1978 in Cairo—the third night the Dead played outdoors, beside the Sphinx. Yes, lunar eclipses are relatively common, but the 9/16 eclipse positioned the moon directly in front of the Sphinx—which was remarkable, according to the lunar folks on this adventure.

Needless to say, the Great Hall of Records was not revealed, and neither capstone nor UFOs appeared atop the pyramid. But as I learned a few days later, the world order actually changed on September 16, 1978.

Here’s what did happen:
On Sept. 16, 1978 a 7.8 earthquake struck central Iran, killing more than 25,000. The lack of response from the Shah of Iran, whose rule began on Sept 16 1941, resulted in an outcry that became the beginning of the revolution that saw the Shah overthrown by February, 1979. The Ayatollah returned, the Islamists took over and truly changed the geo-political order in the Middle East.

Also on September 16, 1978: Jimmy Carter, Anwar Sadat, and Menachem Begin signed the Camp David Treaty—bringing Egypt and Israel to a peaceful resolution.

Neither of these are “earth-changing” events. Yet that both occurred on the same day and bunch of hippies seemed to be tuned into it in some way is pretty cool, IMO. The real point is, sometimes changes in the world order are more subtle than we expect. But even small changes to the world order can really rearrange the deck for everybody. And in the case of the Middle East—Iranian nukes, Israel-US-Egypt ties threatened—the seeds that were planted in Iran and Camp David on September, are particularly relevant today.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
A magnitude 7.8 in 1978. Spooky!

I have to agree with your point that reality is much more exciting than the fairy tale prophecies around.

How was the concert? I haven't gotten around to checking out the band yet

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
All 3 shows were pretty amazing....the band had permission to tie the lights used to illuminate the pyramid and sphinx into their system, so they could actually change the colors of the pyramids as they were playing...Dead shows typicaly last aboput 4 hours or more, and these were no exception....there's a CD and DVD of the show available, it's called "Rockin the Cradle: Grateful Dead in Egypt 1978."

If you want a good sample that's easily accesible, check out Europe CD--some great live material.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
What he was thinking at camp david.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
"biblical prophecies citing the return of the capstone to the Great Pyramid"

What bible are you referring to? There is no such reference in the Christian Bible.

If people knew what actually went on with these long dead religions they would not be so quick to idolize them. If and when they ever come round again they will bring bloodshed such as the world has never seen before.
edit on 22-6-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Is the capstone gone? it looks pointed...i mean from a distance...in sillouette it looks peaky like a pointed pyramid in the desert....who took it?
maybe they confuse the capstone withe the new Jerualem, landing UFO like at the end of the world.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Wonderful post with possible insight here.

I compare it with the art bell experament where many, many of his listeners focused on something, rain I think it was, and it happened. But for Art, it happened in abundance... too much. Floods took place in the area they focused on. Now, that could have been a fluke but...

So in all things moderation?

Still, a very interesting thought on what the power of unity could really do, even in small doses, such as a concerts.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
world order changes are subtle...like people willing giving up freedom under the guise of safety.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Just a thought that came in to my mind as I was reading your post

A lunar eclipse cannot be the incident foretold, simply because a lunar eclipse does not cast a shadow, a lunar eclipse is where the moon is obscured from the sun by the earth being directly opposite each other with the earth in between, hence the moon cannot cast a shadow.

perhaps people interpreting the prophesy should or realised that, maybe if a solar eclipse happens over the paws of the Sphinx the prophesy may come true
just a thought
edit on 22-6-2012 by PrinceDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Biblical prophecies related to the Great pyramid range from extensive Jehovah Witness writings to kabbalistic texts and just about everything in between...

But in the christian bible: Isaiah 28:16 refers to Christ as the precious cornerstone.Zechariah 4:7 refers to its placement at the top of the completed edifice, with great rejoicing, saying, He shall bring forth the head-stone...The Prophet David, too, refers to our Lord, and uses a figure of speech exactly corresponding to that of this stone witness of Egypt. He says, prophetically, from the standpoint of the future, The stone which the builders rejected is become the head-corner-stone.� (Psa. 118:22-24)

Like most biblical prophecy, this is open to a number of interpretations, but many scholars and believers associate these biblical passages with the pyramid.

Like I said, I don't necessarily believe any of these prophecies are true...but I think they are very interesting in a synchronistic sort of way.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
You're absolutely right...the moon casts no shadow during a full lunar eclipse. It is actually the earth that blocks the sun from moon, so there was a "shadowed moon" that was directly in front of the Sphinx and low in the horizon that night.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zoyd23

I am marking this thread so I can come back. I'm on my phone now.
You sound like someone I would be interested in talking to. You caught my attention at an aquantaince of Ken Kesey. I didn't know about this dead show (wrong generation - I was ten when Garcia died), but it's interesting how casually you talk about something that sounds like pure magic. Good times, hanging out in a safe Egypt, watching the Greatful Dead with a lunar eclipse hanging over the Sphynx. The pyramids lit up. You talking so casually about this makes me wonder what other awesome experiences you've had. Thinking about that show in Giza sounds like a different world. What world am I living in?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Nope....no capstone on the Great Pyramid...very flat on top...big enough for 30 people to stand. The other pyramids on the GIza plateau all have capstones with pointed tops.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zoyd23

I'd forgotten how things were in those days.We were looking for magic everywhere. I have vague memories of all the presentaments you bring up in your piece. I never connected all of that to what happened that year in Iran. It certainly did alter world history. I remember how in one way it seemed totally logical (reasonable?) that the Dead Family would make a trip and tour of Egypt. I also remember thinking that the whole thing was kind of weird and so open-ended...like, okay? what next? What other weird stuff is going to be done?

Here, now, nearly 35 years later, we know that Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak were beginning to make money with their Apple II. Computer communications was on the horizon. And with that, at least to me, global society was taking off, things were opening up. We all wanted that in one way or another. The Dead doing what they did in Egypt, maybe, was a part of that openness. I mean, does momentousness have to be seen and felt at the very moment it begins to take place and is it necessarily some negative thing, or is it more subtle and part of the warp and weave in the tapestry of time, something barely discernible when you're in it?

At any rate, good old YouTube being what it is, here's a 15 minute clip of the Egypt Tour from way back then:

youtu.be...

JS

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The big question is can you escape your black box, satans ruling have entombed you in, with in their pyramid of power, they want to trap, your heart , mind , and soul for eternity.

they have become very efficient in imprisoning the masses, and in building world systems of entrapment , they are master builders,

satan the master of counterfeit, false religions, counterfeit Christianity, the Vatican, of delusions and deceptions, ufo,s ect financial enslave ment.

Jesus is the door key, Jesus can set the captives free, knowing the truth to, can make you free.

All im offering you is the Truth, you are born into a prison you can not smell taste or touch, A prison for your mind, youve been in this prison for a very long time, how deep does the Rabbit hole go?

will you take the blue or the red pill.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The real story behind the new world order, satans pyramid of power NWO

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Get out of the pyramid, while you still can, RUN -THROW THEIR BLACK BOX, YOU HAVE BEEN ENTOMBED IN THROUGH THE WINDOW.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Thanks for the link to the cool egypt vid! I saw that quite awhile ago, and it was great to refresh that memory...

Yup, a lot of us wanted it all to come true and really thought the world was headed in a good direction in those days--plus, it was a ton of fun! Many of those adventures were fueled by by some pretty clean psychoactives in some very kind enviroments that made incredible psychedelic adventures possible....going to egypt to be part of some world-changing event based on crazy/cool visions was a real expression of the impossible--much like '___', for some folks. I think that's one reason Owsley was along and the drops were flowing pretty freely.

All that said, when world orders change, they're more likely to the take the form of treaties with plenty of photo opportunities and a few overthrown governments on the other other side of the western world, rather than martial law and armed incursions---even a world war doesn't guarantee a change---just my opinion.

new topics

top topics

join