It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only the US can stop an Iranian bomb, says Clinton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
www.timesofisrael.com...

Clinton reiterated that the US was committed to pursuing “every possible avenue we can to see if we can get them to correct their desire and goal of acquiring a nuclear weapon, but we cannot let them acquire that weapon. We are the only country in the world that can stop that.”

She warned that Iran’s acquisition of an atomic bomb would trigger an “arms race that would take place in the region with such unforeseen consequences,” and emphasized that a Middle East arms race would “create a cascade of difficult challenges for us and for Israel and for all of our friends and partners.”

She does not mention the names of the countries in the forecasted arms race.

If the consequences are unforeseen how does she know how bad they will be?

IMO this is all weak conjecture to conceal the real motive.

Then there is James Baker

Israel lacks the capability to stop Iran from getting a bomb, he said, and any attempt by it to do so will have disastrous results. Baker, George H. W. Bush’s secretary of state during the Gulf War, said an Israeli military strike can delay Iran’s acquisition of a bomb, but not prevent it. He warned that an Israeli strike would result in “many, many side effects, all of them adverse.”

He did not name a single one of the many, many adverse side effects! No mention of side effects if the US strikes! How about furthering the image of the US as the bully of the world and creating another generation which hates us. We are damn good at being hated!

Still, Baker didn’t rule out an American strike. “But at the end of the day, if we don’t get it done the way the Administration’s working on it now – which I totally agree with – then we ought to take them out,” he said.

So if WE fail in our negotiations then we should take THEM out! The simple solution!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This is all george bush's fault

If it wasnt for him, this administration wouldnt be following and at other times expanding on , and surpassing his policies....

All we need is Obama for 4 more years so he can stop all this and clean it up..

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

All we need is Obama for 4 more years so he can stop all this and clean it up..

LMAO!!!!

Ahhh. Thank you. I needed the laugh.

Obama is no better than GB. He could possibly be worse. Look at all the racial bruhaha going on. I mean, It's been going on for ever but ever since the "black savior" took office it got worse. - Sense of entitlement to some comes to mind.

He never brought all our troops back. Wasn't that a promise he made?
Ugh.
I'm sure someone else will chime in on Barry with a bunch of more crap he's pulled that's absurd.

Note: I am by no means backing G.B. He was a deusche and should be charged for the murder of thousands amongst other things.
edit on 21-6-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Not sure if trolling. Lol.

Obama has done more than further Bush's policies, he's opened a whole new can of worms by displaying that no one will challenge him and his executive orders. His presence is a giant F-You to the American people and what America was founded on.

Romney is even worse, and that is terrifying.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Hilary needs to stop running her warmongering mouth and keep her nose in her own business.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Sooner or later every country will have nuclear capability as technology advances , this current trouble is about the political groups allowed by the world governance to obtain that capability.

Would Iran having a nuclear bomb lead to a regional arms race? Sure it would as the US would most likely help Saudi Arabia grow into iran's counter point.

edit on 21-6-2012 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by oghamxx

Clinton reiterated that the US was committed to pursuing “every possible avenue we can to see if we can get them to correct their desire and goal of acquiring a nuclear weapon, but we cannot let them acquire that weapon. We are the only country in the world that can stop that.”

Substitute 'Clinton' for 'Bush' and we're in 2003, talking about Saddam.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
here is my post from another thread.

fits perfectly here as well.

the US are hypocrites and that is an understatement in itself.

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
the bull# and whining around Iran´s nuclear capabilities should end.

and here´s why.

US Rejected 2005 Iranian Offer Ensuring No Nuclear Weapons

So the US rejected the offer...

France and Germany were prepared in spring 2005 to negotiate on an Iranian proposal to convert all of its enriched uranium to fuel rods, making it impossible to use it for nuclear weapons, but Britain vetoed the deal at the insistence of the United States, according to a new account by a former top Iranian nuclear negotiator.

How hypocritical can you get?
The us wants war no matter how it'll be accomplished.

Seyed Hossein Mousavian, who had led Iran's nuclear negotiating team in 2004 and 2005, makes it clear that the reason that offer was rejected was that the George W. Bush administration refused to countenance any Iranian enrichment capability, regardless of the circumtances.

The British and U.S. refusal to pursue the Iranian offer, which might have headed off the political diplomatic crisis over the Iranian nuclear programme since then, is confirmed by a former British diplomat who participated in the talks and former European ambassadors to Iran.

Mousavian writes that one of the European negotiators told him that "they were ready to compromise but that the United States was the obstacle."

If i were Iran i'd be doing exactly the same.

Since some of the forementiond Western PTB are hellbent on war.

source

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Is Oboma bad because he is "black" or because his performance is not up to your standards?

Which one?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
reply to post by kimish

Is Oboma bad because he is "black" or because his performance is not up to your standards?

Which one?

Racist much?

His actions show what kind of guy he is.

A corporate bought puppet.

It shouldn't matter what the colour of someones skin is.

Heck he could be purple, i wouldnt give a #, if he serves the country and leadz it the right way.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Ummm im not racist.

I was inquiring into the "black savior" quote that kimish said.

Im wanting clearity on it. Was kimish saying oboma is the savior of black people, orrrrrrrr just black savior as in just his skin color. As in oboma is the black savior and all past presidents were white saviors.

Ehhhh at any rate it has a slight taste of racism to it.

Oh and by the way he may have made some mistakes. He may have not changed the government.

He may have not satisfied everybody, no president ever will.

He may not have been perfect, again nobody walking this earth is.

He is human, just as the past presidents were. I except their flaws as well as everyone else on this planet.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Lastly,

Where is your proof he was bought by a corporation?

Or did you say that because thats the fadish thing to say.

Reflections.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Sure it would as the US would most likely help Saudi Arabia grow into iran's counter point.

Hey Max...

Long time , no see.

Saudi Arabia has always been Iran's counter part in the Region going back since ....well, forever almost. Economically, Militarily not to mention the Sectarian Differences etc etc etc.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Only the US can stop an Iranian bomb, says Clinton

Only the people can stop Clinton...

join