It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing bible verses

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFogHorn

Originally posted by TheFogHorn

Originally posted by Akragon

there is no god.

Really?

Prove it..

edit on 24-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

I ssupect the followers of Pele were also pretty hard to convince their god was nothing other than volcanic activity. If you want to continue worshipping volcanic activity in the hope it somehow helps you in life then so be it......some people need a placebo boost.
edit on 24-6-2012 by TheFogHorn because: (no reason given)

Im not a christian my friend...

I've seen the people that claim the christian God was a volcano God around this forum a lot lately...

And a blanket statement like that hardly proves anything now does it...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by shaluach

Upon a re-reading of your threads and post, I can see where you are coming from, and I did jump the gun here. I take it all back, and apologise for bunching you in with the Bible thumping Fundamentalists we have in here that are always preaching and attempting to gather all of ATS into the "fold."
I cannot tell if you are Christian or not, for in some ways you sound a lot like me. Anyway, I am truly sorry. Auto

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

there is no god.

Really?

Prove it..

I ssupect the followers of Pele were also pretty hard to convince their god was nothing other than volcanic activity. If you want to continue worshipping volcanic activity in the hope it somehow helps you in life then so be it......some people need a placebo boost.
edit on 24-6-2012 by TheFogHorn because: (no reason given)

Im not a christian my friend...

I've seen the people that claim the christian God was a volcano God around this forum a lot lately...

And a blanket statement like that hardly proves anything now does it...

It's an odds on favourite

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Can't deny that... Especially since i do talk about jesus a lot...

You don't need to accept a label to believe his message though

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Absolutely. He was as close to an atheist free-thinker as you could get back then, given absolutely everyone was a believer of some superstition or another. All credit to him. I think if he was on this forum now he would be on my side. In fact, I think he would suddenly turn up out of the blue and trash all the naysayers.
edit on 25-6-2012 by TheFogHorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach

Typical atheist Bible quotes.

It would be appreciated if you could list all the other "typical atheist bible quotes" for me so I can mark them all out.

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Absolutely. He was as close to an atheist free-thinker as you could get back then, given absolutely everyone was a believer of some superstition or another. All credit to him. I think if he was on this forum now he would be on my side. In fact, I think he would suddenly turn up out of the blue and trash all the naysayers.

I'm calling BS on this one - "atheist free-thinker"?! Post quotes, please to support this, if you can. I can't imagine how you came to such an opinion. He never said anything about volcanoes that I know of. BTW, I took another look at photos of Jebel al Lawz, and could see no volcanic crater, nor lava flows. Your volcanic argument is still invalid. Superstitions of primitives living near known volcanoes do not apply - you are connecting the wrong dots.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

uhh... did you just call Jesus an Atheist?

My mistake if i misunderstand...

But... let me explain...

Jesus was the ONLY man to retain his full memory of the Father... he was as far from an athiest as possible actually...

That is why he called himself "the truth"...

Now let me ask, you might have read the bible, but have you actually sat down and read the gospels?

Matthew, Mark, Luke, John... and i'll include Thomas as well...

I don't know what "side" you're on honestly... but if you're an athiest, he wouldn't have been on your side....

Though on a similar note... IF he was here, and was on this forum... i believe he would have a few things to say to his so called "followers"

Personally i think he would bitch slap a lot of christians

but what do i know..

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

'as close to an atheist'....meaning......not an atheist but the closest to it at that time.

"Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also. And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you."

It is HERE where the opposite lies. This is diametrically opposed to Yahweh, who was jealous, angry, vengeful and at the ready to administer rough justice at any moment.

Jesus, of course, did not have any idea Yahweh had been a volcano god....i.e. imaginery. He believed in him just as the Jews do today. The terminology used should have given the game away but there are people in this thread who don't see it for what it is so why should he have done? For whatever reason he got it into his head he was divine. There are people on this forum who think they are 'touched by god'. There are people walking in the street who think they're Jesus! It might just be a case of a very decent man falsely believing he was more special than he was. Maybe someone told him when he was very young and very impressionable that he was 'like god' or 'divine'. Maybe that planted a seed of superiority. Who knows? Not one person here does but we should all be capable of admiting to ourselves that Yahweh was volcanic activity. Mind you, it's one of those things that's so blatant it's impossible to see.

In the article below Richard Dawkins argues that someone as intelligent as Jesus would have been an atheist today...

richarddawkins.net...

QUOTE....Of course Jesus was a theist, but that is the least interesting thing about him. He was a theist because, in his time, everybody was. Atheism was not an option, even for so radical a thinker as Jesus. What was interesting and remarkable about Jesus was not the obvious fact that he believed in the God of his Jewish religion, but that he rebelled against many aspects of Yahweh's vengeful nastiness. At least in the teachings that are attributed to him, he publicly advocated niceness and was one of the first to do so. To those steeped in the Sharia-like cruelties of Leviticus and Deuteronomy; to those brought up to fear the vindictive, Ayatollah-like God of Abraham and Isaac, a charismatic young preacher who advocated generous forgiveness must have seemed radical to the point of subversion. No wonder they nailed him.

QUOTE...Religious beliefs most certainly spread in epidemics and, even more obviously, they pass down the generations to form longitudinal traditions and promote enclaves of locally peculiar irrationality. We may not understand why humans behave in the weird ways we label religious, but it is a manifest fact that they do. The existence of religion is evidence that humans eagerly adopt irrational beliefs and spread them, both longitudinally in traditions and horizontally in epidemics of evangelism.

QUOTE.....I think we owe Jesus the honour of separating his genuinely original and radical ethics from the supernatural nonsense which he inevitably espoused as a man of his time.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Dude, you read way too much into what you read. You need to write a book, and I'll give you the title: Volcanoes of the Gods - you'll make millions.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join