It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing bible verses

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

Dude, the Bible is R rated. This isn't new.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFogHorn

How do you expkain moves of God nowhere near volcanoes??
Two people were healed of cancer and two more of diabetes last month at my church. No volcano within 500 miles.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by davidchin

Read the rest of the passage, and what comes before that verse. If I understand the context of this passage, it is more of how to go about arranging for a permanent slave status of a servant who specifically states that he or she wishes to remain a slave in their master's household for the rest of their lives.

""Then you shall take an awl, and thrust it through his ear unto the door, and he shall be your servant forever. And also unto your maidservant you shall do likewise." "

This is God talking, right? Written down in the word of God book, right? Well, he said it, plain and clearly. What is says before or after makes no difference whatsoever. OK, a few more. God repents. True, or false?
True:
1 Samuel 15:35:
"And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death: nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul: and the Lord repented that he had made Saul king over Israel."
He did it another time too:
Exodus 32:14:
"And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people."

And what about Cannibalism? God ordered it himself!
Leviticus 26:29:
"And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat."

And God gave what was bad laws, even to him:
Ezekiel 20:25:
"Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live;"

I suppose these are taken out of context too? You
Christians keep telling us this is the Word of God. And yet, when we ask about something we find in there, either it is taken out of context, of we are not Christian enough to understand the meaning. All we are saying is if the Bible is literally true, then those who follow it need to change their ways.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Do you believe the accounts of the Gnostic/Essenes' of Jesus. Do you think that have they accurately captured the intent of the words of Jesus they quote/cite.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach

Do you even know what Psalms are? Do you understand the difference between historical verses, prophetic verses, and poetic verses of the Scriptures? Are you claiming that the Psalm you quoted is a historical verse (as in it actually happened in the overall Bible narrative)? Or are the Psalms poetic writings? If you knew the answer to the first question you'd know the answer to the last question.

Psalm 18 anyone? ohmyvolcano.blogspot.com.es...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

How do you expkain moves of God nowhere near volcanoes??
Two people were healed of cancer and two more of diabetes last month at my church. No volcano within 500 miles.

Four fake healings and hundreds of gullible lost souls.

The Bible is about volcano worship and is padded out with lots of filler.
edit on 21-6-2012 by TheFogHorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
This is God talking, right? Written down in the word of God book, right? Well, he said it, plain and clearly. What is says before or after makes no difference whatsoever.

That's an absolute lie. What comes before and after DOES matter. That's why it's called context. Heck, you could take a verse from the Scriptures out of context and prove that it says "There is no God."

1 Samuel 15:35:
"And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death: nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul: and the Lord repented that he had made Saul king over Israel."

So? He regretted making someone king. And?

And what about Cannibalism? God ordered it himself!
Leviticus 26:29:
"And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat."

Nope. Taken out of context again. He didn't order it.

27“‘If in spite of this you still do not listen to me but continue to be hostile toward me, 28then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over. 29You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters

He didn't command it or order. You are blatantly spreading lies again.

You
Christians keep telling us this is the Word of God. And yet, when we ask about something we find in there, either it is taken out of context, of we are not Christian enough to understand the meaning.

Wait. So it's our fault that you take a verse out of context or misrepresent what it says? And yes a lot of times it IS because you lack an understanding of what it says or means. Just because you KNOW what the Scriptures say does not mean you understand it. Knowledge and understanding are two different things.

All we are saying is if the Bible is literally true, then those who follow it need to change their ways.

Like what?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I cannot say, as I am not aware of what they speak on.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Chastised a little, they shall be greatly blessed, because God tried them and found them worthy of himself. As gold in the furnace, he proved them, and as sacrificial offerings he took them to himself. In the time of their visitation they shall shine, and shall dart about as sparks through stubble; (Wisdom 3:5-7)

Dart about as sparks? You could say people would dart about like sparks if thrown into a 'lake of fire' couldn't you? The furnace......the blazing furnace. They shall shine? Flare up?

Creepy!

encrypted-tbn3.google.com...:ANd9GcRMWAl7DgZb0M7IQjCo8UK9OpLIN3V7KpEv2HMdquCX_6s8nHqFrQ

www.youtube.com...

This is getting embarassing.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
In the old testament god was ashamed of what he had created and showed little mercy.
In the new testament he found more mercy for his creation through the actions of jesus.
Don't go thinking that his judgement will not come again quick and merciless again.
edit on 21-6-2012 by deadeyedick because: Becoming a parent can take the edge off many people

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Psalm 97:3 Fire goes before him and consumes his foes on every side.

Love thy enemy? Turn the other cheek?

Can someone explain this schizophrenia?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
In the old testament god was ashamed of what he had created and showed little mercy.
In the new testament he found more mercy for his creation through the actions of jesus.
Don't go thinking that his judgement will not come again quick and merciless again.
edit on 21-6-2012 by deadeyedick because: Becoming a parent can take the edge off many people

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic." JFK.

edit on 21-6-2012 by TheFogHorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Maybe a misinterpretation or different one than yours but not ment to be a lie.
I don't think that he was speaking of religion but more on secrets and coverups of world leaders.
edit on 21-6-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Maybe a misinterpretation or different one than yours but not ment to be a lie.
I don't think that he was speaking of religion but more on secrets and coverups of world leaders.
edit on 21-6-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

If the quote fits....

The Christian religion is held together with lots of masking tape.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Taking his quote out of context and using it to bash someone is not much different than taking bible verses out of context and using them to bash GOD.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Taking his quote out of context and using it to bash someone is not much different than taking bible verses out of context and using them to bash GOD. [/quote

I can't bash god. I live no where near a volcano.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

You don't get it because youre missing context. You do what all other atheists do and rip one verse out of entire chapters and think you know what it means. Thats about as dumb as taking a Stephen King horror novel, skipping the entire first half of the book, then reading 1 sentance in the middle of the book and then not reading the rest of the book and then think you know what you're talking about.

The objective of the Holy Bible is to teach people to be humble and live with meekness and humility to be merciful and forgiving so that we are not a burden on anyone else. To be at peace with our Creator and to put him and others before ourselves but to always put him first.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Can YOU explain this schizophrenia, seeing as you proudly state Jesus is Yahweh?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFogHorn

Yep. It's not schizophrenia. It's not even God speaking. You strike out yet again. Also, even if it was God speaking it wouldn't be schizophrenia. Have you never changed your mind? If you have were you schizophrenic? No.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach

Originally posted by TheFogHorn

Yep. It's not schizophrenia. It's not even God speaking. You strike out yet again. Also, even if it was God speaking it wouldn't be schizophrenia. Have you never changed your mind? If you have were you schizophrenic? No.

Exodus 32:10 Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation. Exodus 32:11 And Moses besought the LORD his God, and said, LORD, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand? Exodus: 32:14 And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

God changed his mind or the volcano spluttered but didn't spew?

ohmyvolcano.blogspot.com.es...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join