It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ship bound for Syria was carrying 3 old helicopters repaired in Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
www.rt.com...

Consider the source when you decide on who to believe. It's hard to lie about the cargo given surveillance ability.

No mention on the current status of the ship but maybe implied by still to be assembled.

They are still to be assembled after delivery. The entire process will take no less than three months.

But this story has another twist with the British insurance company, which decided to withdraw insurance from this particular ship. This is a testimony that the insurance system of Great Britain is not reliable, because they were citing sanctions imposed on Syria unilaterally by the EU.

This means that anyone – any country or any company – who is not violating any international rules, who is not violating any UN Security Council resolutions might be subject to extra-territorial application of somebody else’s unilateral sanctions. This is a very slippery slope.

IMO this has a decent chance of escalating.

I think that Clinton and Lavrov are scheduled to meet next week. Stay tuned!
edit on 21-6-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I think it was Hillary that originally sounded the alarm on this but I may be wrong.
I think she thought it was new machinery instead of that being repaired.

edit on 21-6-2012 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

Thanks for posting this story.

I didn't read anywhere in the link provided exactly what type of "old Helicopters" they were returning to Syria?

I guess RT wasn't being very thorough huh?

join