It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows why McDonalds burgers don't look quite the same as the ones in their ads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Ever wonder why your burger never looks as good as the ones in the ads?

Here's a vid, made by McDonalds in Canada showing what goes in to making those advertizing pics and showing why they look so much more apetizing than what actually ends up on your plate.

Revealed: Here‘s How McDonald’s Makes Their Burgers Look so Perfect in Ads

Have you ever noticed that burgers in McDonald’s advertisements look like God Himself prepared them, while burgers in real life look like, um, someone sat on them?

Brace yourselves. We have some startling news: the “food” in McDonald’s commercials is heavily doctored. Yeah, you probably already knew that. No one and nothing can make a burger look that perfect. However, with some clever tricks, fancy lighting, and digital editing, you can make anything look incredible.

The Blaze

So now you know what that is all aboot.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
That # is poison

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It's called food doctoring. They always doctor the food up to look better in commercials than in actual restaurants. It doesn't amtter what commercial you're going to see, all food in it is doctored.

Still doesn't mean the food in the restaurant is going to be bad.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
i want a burger now

edit on 21-6-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RooskiZombi
That # is poison

That poison is #

the same either way you look at it.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

But #Donalds certainly is bad.
I still don't understand why so many people eat that crap and actually like it. Anyone who has ever eaten REAL food, will never ever touch this ugly, cheap, disgusting stuff ever again.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well, I did know that meat productions makes meat photoshoots of it too, just like mc-d.
They just add color to the meat, so it looks more red and fresh.

But I can't blame them.
And I actually love that they are speaking so open about it.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
That wasn't bad at all. I've heard that some companies, probably McDonalds too, do some crazy stuff for these shoots. Actually, I think it was a pizza shoot that was totally disgusting, but I can't really remember. I love McDonald's food, although I don't eat it that often. Maybe once or twice every couple of weeks, or less. I will tell you this though, the other night I got the exact same burger, the double 1/4 pounder with cheese, along with some double cheeseburgers, and I ate a supersized fries and the two cheeseburgers, and was too full to eat the big burger...

So I put it in the fridge to eat the next day, which I usually don't do, and it was absolutely disgusting. It even looked like the patties changed color a bit. I didn't like it at all, although it tasted a little more like an actual burger that most people would make from home...Just tasted way different. It was edible, just didn't taste like McDonald's...

I personally don't put much stock in what the pictures of the food look like, and rather just go by what I know the food tastes like. I suppose the first time I eat somewhere a picture may help. I don't think seeing a picture of their food makes me crave it or anything, but I cannot be positive about that. I suppose it would depend on whether I was hungry or not. I also don't like their breakfast all that much, besides a few items.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
It's called food doctoring. They always doctor the food up to look better in commercials than in actual restaurants. It doesn't amtter what commercial you're going to see, all food in it is doctored.

Still doesn't mean the food in the restaurant is going to be bad.

Good point..they all do it , so it isn't just a mickey d's thing.

Personally I'm pissed they changed the "big mac" to a "medium mac"

MacDonalds isn't what it was when I was a teenager, though they do offer much more healthy alternatives which is great.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The McD food is pretty good actually, what make them bad is the people eating it all year around.
Daily stuffing that thing only is not good, its not a balance diet at all. Just look at people around you that attend there on daily basis.

Hmm delicious burger is not for daily consumption.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It's not just food IMHO...In any product photograph there are teams of people who make the product look as good as it possibly can and yes, their going to use every trick technology has to offer to achieve that. Even Monsanto is gonna make those fields of corn look perfect and irresistible
Smoke and mirrors

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I don't know if they still do, but they used to add red dye to steaks in supermarkets to make them look more appealing. They doctor anything up in advertisements.

You honestly think celebrities don't have blemishes on their skin.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
I don't know if they still do, but they used to add red dye to steaks in supermarkets to make them look more appealing. They doctor anything up in advertisements.

You honestly think celebrities don't have blemishes on their skin.

Funny you should mention that. happened to watch a small portion of Americas next Top Model last night , and even with makeup on those models did not look nearly as good as the ad photos they were in.

I honestly questioned why some of them were even there, but when their retouched photos were shown..they looked amazingly good.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Can I file a lawsuit for false advertisement?

I can use few million dollars

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I remember some program a long time ago, they showed how they doctored the roast turkey for the shoot, they only cooked it brown on the outside,then they made that slice into the bird and took a heating gun to just cook that area to the perfect color. (the rest of the turkey underneath was still pretty raw).

those pics of beautiful scoops of icecream....is actually shortning...real ice cream just melts under the studio lights

edit on 21-6-2012 by research100 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
While shopping for a new digital camera recently, I learned many new cameras actually come with a "food" stetting (portrait mode). The camera I ended up buying does not have that feature, but it does have a "pet portrait" mode

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I remember, many many moons ago, seeing Ricky Schroeder on the Oprah show. He could not have been more than 12. He was talking about getting his start in commercials, and said that, while doing one for a major soup company, they put marbles in it to make it look.....chunky. He immediately realized that he probably shouldn't have said it and they both had a good laugh over it.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
its like how they photoshop models to make them look perfect, I see no difference.

I still couldn't be paid to eat there anymore, my family and friends can't respect that I won't go there.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
That wasn't bad at all. I've heard that some companies, probably McDonalds too, do some crazy stuff for these shoots. Actually, I think it was a pizza shoot that was totally disgusting

A few years ago I saw something on tv and they were showing what they did to make the food look better in an ad or on television.If you're thinking of the same thing I am,it was Dominos Pizza...the one thing that stuck out to me was they were injecting something into the crust to make it look better.There were a few other things they did but I can't remember.The injection was nasty though

But as for the op,yeah as others have said they're not the only ones that do it.I don't care what they do...their food is nasty to me

edit on 21-6-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join