It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany to use home smoke alarms as early warning systems.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

The German government are considering plans to turn every household smoke alarm into a national disaster siren that would warn of calamities such as a nuclear attack

Do they know something we don't?

Very odd

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos

The German government are considering plans to turn every household smoke alarm into a national disaster siren that would warn of calamities such as a nuclear attack

Very odd

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Not sure if they do or not, but what a great idea since all homes are required to have them. Much more convenient than TV warnings, but it would bring up the question as to how they are going to signal these detectors in a persons house....will the radio be one way or two and can they monitor since there is a speaker built in?
edit on 6/21/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
what the...

even if there was an alarm what good is that going to do unless they start installing 10x10 bunkers under the staircase too...

and who is potentially doing the nuking to warrant one of these in every german home?

i wasn't aware we were in that state of affairs to need nuclear defense systems in homes, in germany of all places.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I assume they'd have to replace all the existing ones with a model that can receive a signal.

Maybe one of their MP's owns a smoke alarm manufacturing company.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

and who is potentially doing the nuking to warrant one of these in every german home?
reply to post by yourmaker

Who and when? Surely they must have assessed the threat to be very real.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

If this does go through in Germany....I think that (perhaps) it won't be too long before the USA implements this.

Yes...I am wondering too... what do TPTB already know?

edit on 21-6-2012 by caladonea because: make a change

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
One thing is for sure, it would require a CONNECTION direct into your home.

As an early warning system? what a joke, where are you going to hide? all it would achieve would be mass panicking and chaos.

This is without doubt the start of IN YOUR HOME spying.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

There are several flaws. The major one is that in the case of a nuclear detonation the EMP shock wave would kill everything with a transistor junction. Smoke alarms would die. All conventional communication systems would be inoperable including both broadcast transmitters and receivers, mobile phone networks and pagers. TV. Internet. All gone. The only communications equipment that would survive is old valved ham kit.

I think the talking smoke alarms probably a good idea for a civil emergency below that of a nuclear attack. Or much cheaper ensure all householders listen to Long Wave broadcast stations as their signals travel vast distances with just a single transmitter.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Very odd

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Not sure if they do or not, but what a great idea since all homes are required to have them. Much more convenient than TV warnings, but it would bring up the question as to how they are going to signal these detectors in a persons house....will the radio be one way or two and can they monitor since there is a speaker built in?

A speaker can also be a microhone and vice versa......

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Very odd

www.dailymail.co.uk...

A speaker can also be a microhone and vice versa......

Great idea!! Yeah, a speak and microphone so I can.... wait... they can.... double wait.. This idea sucks!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

As an early warning system? what a joke, where are you going to hide? all it would achieve would be mass panicking and chaos.

the start? what are we communicating on right now?? or what about that black box with a screen in everyones home that talks for hours on end, or that device that allows us to call or be called.

I agree with what you mean though, 1984-ish but don't let this hype in the moment degrade your thinking capabilities, no where near the start, simply just building on it..

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by VoidHawk

the start? what are we communicating on right now?? or what about that black box with a screen in everyones home that talks for hours on end, or that device that allows us to call or be called.

I agree with what you mean though, 1984-ish but don't let this hype in the moment degrade your thinking capabilities, no where near the start, simply just building on it..

Havent had a tv for about 15 years

Your absolutely right but what I really meant was the start of having to answer to the speaker/camera on the wall in our homes. How long will it be before we're all woken in the mornings by a speaker on the wall shouting

"Get up, It's time to go to work"

"Have you had your fluoride today"

etc etc

new topics

top topics

join