It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are these similar to the booming noises heard around the USA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I captured these booming noises today in Oklahoma. Took the video with my cell phone while standing in my backyard. There were sporadic thunderstorms with lightning and thunder...however the noises I'm speaking of are the sharp booms heard in several places in the video. My camera doesn't have a very good microphone but if you listen to the video with headphones and/or with the volume set to a fairly high level you can clearly make out the boom's I'm talking about. Especially in the first video. When the video starts, you can make out the faint echo of the rolling thunder that was occurring when I started filming (I comment on the thunder)....at exactly 26 seconds in you can hear the first boom. At 1:58 I state the time and as I am doing that there is another boom. 2:39 there is a lightning strike immediately followed by one of the booms. Several seconds later you can clearly make out the thunder associated with that lightening strike. At 3:32 I state; "That's not thunder" after another boom during the rolling thunder that can still be heard. It's hard to pick up but I wanted to state that I realize the thunder was still rolling at that time but you can still hear the aforementioned "boom" just not very clearly in the video.

This video was taken today (June 21, 2012) What do you all think can cause such a booming noise? I'm curious of the reaction of ATS'ers....especially those that have experienced booming noises at their location. I am not making any claims other than what I have posted above. I am not saying these sounds are supernatural in nature, I am not making any claims of any sort. I'm just curious if anyone here thinks these are faked, can be faked or are similar, not similar or exactly like what others have been reporting in many places in this nation.

Both video's are 5 minutes in length.

Video 1 youtu.be...
Video 2 youtu.be...

First attempt at embedding;
Video 1

Video 2

edit on 21-6-2012 by EdSurly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Ok, a couple things I did leave off. I used the youtube app to remove the camera shake....don't really like it to tell you the truth, makes the video seem a little off. And after posting the video to youtube the sound quality is degraded further it seems.

I guess we don't have a way to upload video's directly to ATS? And as you can tell from my above post...I don't know how to embed youtube video's here.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I have heard identical sounds to the south of me...I am in southern illinois. They are loud enough and deep enough to vibrate the floor of our home..even though they seem to be 10's if not 100's of miles away..They are deep and low like small explosions over and over...sometimes they come in short intervals and other times we hear them throughout the day..

WHERE are you? (nm i see your in oklahoma)
edit on 21-6-2012 by Neopan100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I've just came to the realization that this thread probably should have been posted in the hoax forum. Not because it is a hoax, it is not...but because of the insinuation that comes from posting in the fragile earth forum....the insinuation being that I don't know what these noises are or that they are supernatural/extraterrestrial in nature. The point of this thread is to garner initial reactions of ATS'ers as to the origins of these noises and/or the gullibility of people as a whole. I will state for the record that, as stated above, this video is not a hoax, I did not in any way, shape, matter or form make these noises. Anyone standing in my backyard (or anywhere else within miles of my location for that matter) would have heard these noises....nay, did hear these noises.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Hi there. I'm eastcentral Illinois, not sure how far away you are from me. It's a small rural town I live in, not sure how far away you are from me. We have a quarry here and they sometimes blast the quarry, maybe this is what you are hearing/feeling? Just thought I'd let you know maybe that's it.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
My wife and I both heard the exact thing last night but it was a bit more steady and seemed to be coming from everywhere especially from in the sky it seemed. We are in West TN and it was last night, 06/20/2012 at around 11:45pm and lasted quite a while.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ThisSilentGuy

I am in deep southern illinois. 40 mi north of paducah, ky--

Just checked the map and the closes quarry is 25 miles away...could we still hear an explosion so loud from it..? I have lived here for 30 odd years and never heard them before..now I have heard explosions from General Dynamics which is within abut 5 miles...but they are certainly different sounding than the ones in the OP's video.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Well, maybe not, I'm a little further than 100 miles from you . But, they are blasting pretty deep, tho.

Just realized, you said you heard it to the south of you. Sorry 'bout that. I'm north of you.
edit on 21-6-2012 by ThisSilentGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I too am from Southern Illinois, and in the last several months I have hear loud booming sounds that shake the floors of my house. Not a cloud in the sky here, or in the area for that matter as we are in a drought. We are close to or on (not sure which) the New Madrid Fault. Not sure if that it the cause, but I have lived in this area for 25 years, and I have never heard bangs like this. Not ones that shake my home. Scott Air Force base is only about 70 miles from me, but I am pretty certain the bangs are not originating from sonic booms. It just seems to me that these bangs are coming from below.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

Im on the south side of marion.. and I hear them coming from the lake of egypt area...I have no clue what they are..I hear them during the afternoon..they will vibrate through the house

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I am from Vienna, so I am certain that you know the bangs and booms I am talking about. The Lake of Egypt may be about right, because I am hearing them from the North of me.
But the main ones that I am referring to appear to be coming from below.

edit on 6/21/2012 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

P.S. On a personal off topic note: I use to work for Williamson County Ambulance. Are they still in business?

edit on 6/21/2012 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

I don't know if the ambulance company is still in biz..luckily, I have never had to use them

Well--Hi neighbor!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
there you are OP, ill have a listen, these sounds fascinate me.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
It sounds like cannon fire.

I heard a similar sound here where I live a few days ago I'm Townsville Australia though, but when I asked my husband if he heard it, he said they (as in the defence force) were out practising.

love and harmony
whateva

top topics

join