It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Not for the faint of heart***If you see something, film something

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by demontigny

I used to get sad and pissed off when I heard of a cop getting killed in the line of duty.
Now?

I just shake my head and wonder how many grandmothers and kids they've tazed.
How many people got the # kicked out of them at the hands of this douchebag?
How many innocent people did he put in jail on trumped up charges?
How many lives has he ruined just because his authority was challenged?

Yeah, now when I hear of a cop getting killed it makes me wish I could have gotten THAT on tape.
It would help to watch it after repeatedly being bombarded with these all too common videos of cops abusing their power.

Kinda like balances the scales of justice in my mind, ya know?
edit on 21-6-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

Yea, because they are all thugs. Every line of work has aholes in it, fact of life. You think they are robots that never f up?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by demontigny
i hate the police with a passion and that video pushes me... the way they treat people and noone can do anything about it..
man i think people should stand up against cops.. they literally kill people everyday but cry when someone kills a cop..

You can do something about it. Record the wrong doers and submit the tape to internal affairs.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

I had to vote thumbs down on this video as it has an ad attached to it, therefore it is there to make someone money.
Funny at the end of this video it quotes, "the revolution will not be televised, yet all of this is on the tv...

On the topic of abusive police, most of this crap could be stopped simply by putting shoulder mounted cameras on each and every police officer.
And then real prosecution of offenders.
None of that "the officer is in a high stress job" crap should be used as an excuse either.
You are fit for your job or you are not.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

You are correct that not all are fit out for being a cop. However, stress does play it's roll and affects everyone. It's why the suicide rate is so high in their profession.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Like the guy in the video (narrator) says...

"There's a Rodney King every day in America"

*sigh*

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack
reply to post by g146541

You are correct that not all are fit out for being a cop. However, stress does play it's roll and affects everyone. It's why the suicide rate is so high in their profession.

When an office worker gets stressed, they go to a bar and let off steam, sometimes the cops come and beat them down.
When a cop gets stressed, they beat others and go celebrate with their buddies.
Stress is a crap excuse for beating the hell out of another human being.
Can you possibly show any statistical data to back up claims of police officer suicides being any higher than other professions?

(Edit)

I found this, linkwhich puts cops at the bottom of the list actyally. Maybe because stress relief is built into their jobs?
I have seen other stats that put cops into the second category, however that lumps in many other professions with it as well.
It seems that doctors get the top slot, the ones who tend to care for people or try at least.
edit on 21-6-2012 by g146541 because: doctor tells me what is good for me then does himself in.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Originally posted by Covertblack
reply to post by g146541

When an office worker gets stressed, they go to a bar and let off steam, sometimes the cops come and beat them down.
When a cop gets stressed, they beat others and go celebrate with their buddies.
Stress is a crap excuse for beating the hell out of another human being.
Can you possibly show any statistical data to back up claims of police officer suicides being any higher than other professions?

Sure, let me do some searching. Said office worker wouldn't have a problem with officers if he wasn't breaking the law. I disagree that it's a crap excuse, but I respect your opinion. Everyone has a breaking point.

On a side note beautiful dogs, I have three pits.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Suicide rates for police — at least 18 per 100,000 — are higher than for the general population, according to Audrey Honig, chief psychologist for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

Police bear the same stress from work, family and illness that civilians do. What's different is the stress of the street and the access to a gun. "Research has always shown that availability of firearms, comfort with firearms, increases suicide rates," Honig says.

www.usatoday.com...

Article is old, I apologize. I will look for some scholarly journal articles.
edit on 21-6-2012 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

I found this,APA that puts police and security guards into the second category yet it does not include correctional guards.
We know what happens to correctional guards that get out of line, the inmates handle things.
I'm telling you, being a cop is a stress reliever if done wrong.
And thanks about the dogs, they are my bestest buddies!
Pits are the best most misunderstood dog in the world imho.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

Seems as though the results vary wildly. Compounded by the fact that most departments do not keep suicide records. Well, I shall withdraw my accusation that they are more susceptible to suicide until a more thorough study is put forth.

It is not documented that there is an elevated suicide rate among police officers; the findings on suicide rate in police are, in fact, inconclusive. The main reason for this is the lack of methodologically sound studies. We therefore call for systematic studies on suicide, attempted suicide, and suicidal ideation among police.

Yes, I wouldn't give up my three for anything. They are big babies lol.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Wow. I really like the one where the guy is ejected from his minivan in a high-speed roll-over crash and ten officers jump up and down on him. But I'm sure we don't know the whole story there. And surely "we don't appreciate how tough their jobs are". Well, people won't put up with this forever. They have all the power now, but if the populace ever do decide to turn on them, they're outnumbered 10,000 to 1.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a corrupt cop is the one of the most dangerous things that can walk around in public.

they have no direct supervision, are always believed, are above suspicion and are armed.

they can walk anywhere, any place at any time.

what i believe what frustrates them is challenging that power. they can't believe you said no to them.

a great cop on the other hand will never put himself in a position that his power can be questioned.

such as always asking permission before stepping on some ones property. the ability to assess threat and the situation, etc.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Even when their video taped they get away with it. That clearly shows how our rights are being taken away.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Do the abuses outweigh the deeds enough to warrant this broad of a generalization?

Bad seeds are inevitable and heroes rarely make the news.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Dear chrismarco

Thanks for posting this.

The fact is that the authorities give the power to people who should never have power.

The police fall under the same category as politicians anybody who wants to be one should automatically be banned from being one for life.

Simply because they want this power the wrong reason.

I will do my best to listen in of Sunday because I would like to hear SIMPER or what ever his name is defend this one.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I am a big supporter of the Police but I know that there are bad cops out there. I agree with the video, It is up to us to monitor police actions, but at the same not not to jump to conclusions. We must keep an open mind. Police have a very stressful job, They never know what to expect from the next person they meet. Just because they put someone down or use a taser on them does not mean the are using excessive force. You need to always look at the context of the situation at hand and truly ask your self what you would have don't in that situation with an open mind and not a anti-police mind set.

How much better off would we be without some form of protection? Everyone would end up armed with guns shooting at each other, or worse the military would police everything.

One of my favorite lines from a TV show called Yes Dear.

Greg: Well, I don't know why I can't use your services. I'm a taxpayer. I've never once used the police.

Officer: Well, have you ever been beat to death out in front of your house?

Greg: No.

Officer: You're welcome.

edit on 21-6-2012 by Sol23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
How much frustration and psychological pressure must an individual have been exposed to in order to treat another human being this way? I dare to say the picture is much bigger and what we see here is the tip of the iceberg in a dehumanized society where economically and spiritually depleted individuals are continuously pushed to the limits, trying to dominate each other. Our task here is to make people aware, wake them up to the fact humanity is being manipulated into this. Divide et impera! Who benefits?????????????????????????

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
That video made my blood boil. I hope I am never personally witness to a cop beating someone for no reason, I'd probably end up dead. I would pick up the biggest, heaviest thing I could handle and wail the ____ing cop in the back of the head.

If any of you reading this are cops, you should know that all you are doing is pissing off a very aware populace, and there WILL be a breaking point, and YOU will be the target. Your days of pulling innocent people over for no reason and tazing/beating/killing them are very short.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Whilst not wishing to condone the actions of bad police officers, ( There is no excuse for their behaviour..) I suspect some of these videos are used to serve / sensationalise an agenda. We aren't in possession of the full facts of each case, often the videos show just a part of an incident.

The police do a difficult job, dealing with some people who can only be described as the scum of the earth, on a daily basis, which must desensitise them to violence, to some degree, resulting in some of the behaviour witnessed....

I'm not an American, but I'm sure the American Justice system deals with police officers who do not follow procedures ?

I suspect the actions of a few bad police officers get a disproportionate amount of media coverage. Good police officers ( The vast majority.) are'nt newsworthy, and completely overshadowed by the few who aren't ?

Imagine a world with no police officers, you or your family are in danger...?

" Who you gonna call ? "

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Well its kinda weird that we always get to see this side of these... stories.

Truth is I've seen most of those videos separately and to be honest, most of those guys had it coming and it was well deserved. One of the most "chocking" was actually a very very dangerous and armed guy that had just shot a police officer, so yes, he deserved to be kicked... even if he didnt actually feel it since he wasnt awake.

Like I said, most of them had it coming so why always bash the police? Why make the police look like the devil when they dont do anything to you if you dont mess with them. What was with that idiot in the street anyway? The cop told him to step back and goes on screaming at the cop that hes being pushed in the middle of the street while talking at his cell? I mean... how cocky can you be - I would have slapped him, still they just grabbed him and took him into custody for "disrespecting the law" - which is way better than what I would have done. The cocky little guy was talking to the cop like he was acting victim and shouting like a school brat "teacher teacher look what sam is doing ... hes pushing me!!!" - he got what he deserved.

Just respect the law and the leos that put their asses on the line for you every day so you can have a "safe travel" back home to your pc so you can post crap like this on the internet. Be thankful they exist.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join