Should Karen Klein (Bullied Bus Monitor) be getting donations?

page: 4
6
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus
 


I do not understand all of the hype or what message is being sent here.
If the story is true, the woman is a lump and should not be monitoring a telephone yet alone a bus full of human beings.




posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Why was this moved to off topic? Really?



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
I am shocked at some of the comments posted here.

It seems that the negative comments are derived from some sort of jealousy, or admiration, that she has been given this much money.

The fact of the matter is, why do you care what other people do with their money? There are GOOD people out there, who feel good about making donations. It just so happens that this story has gained a lot of attention as the video went viral.

How much money do you think the posters of the viral video made? They made something, from youtube, at the expense of this poor woman.

This money will buy her a much needed retirement. Not just a vacation...but enough to get her home and out of this awful position.

It goes to show just how much charity is out there. But to condemn it is just hard to understand.

Yes, money is the root of all evil. But I doubt much that this woman is going to put it up her nose, or buy a Ferrari, Porche, or Hummer with it. She will probably die with most of it still in the bank, but will have lived her final years in PEACE.

So GOOD FOR THE American who started this money raising campaign. That shows true American charity, and this woman's life is about to get so much better. Good for her.


Except her life will probably not get a lot better because so many strange people will be trying to make her feel small if she takes what was freely given her by people who felt like it!

The news said she is 68 years old, she clearly has had sadness and loss her son committing suicide and having to work at her age why are people so concerned what others may give her...so totally strange to me.



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Originally posted by kimish
I was bullied to the extent where it's affected me as an adult.
My little boy is bullied constantly.
Where's my damn money!?

On topic, she shouldn't get a penny.
Like another poster stated, donate the money to a charity or to an anti bullying campaign.

SMH
where's my money?


The power of video.......if you had video of you being bullied, and could post on YouTube, you would be able to retire.

Sad.....I actually regret donating before I posted this thread. She should donate the money. But she won't.


People wanted to help an old lady not start an anti-bulling campaign WHY should she donate it? there are such programs out there, if that is what you really was interested in donating to then that's what a person should do!

If it was given to her it should not be with an intention that it should be donated elsewhere!



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by phantomjack
 


It's because there are people that are genuinely in more need of money than this woman. Granted it was atrocious what happened to her but to give her money? THere are people losing their homes, children living in cars with their parents. They don't get a dime. But an older woman that's bullied gets a quarter mil? People are bullied every minute of every freaking day.

SMHx10

And when YOU get the itch to spontaneously GIVE to someone of YOUR CHOICE you will do so.

Do you really want people then to say, but so and so needed it more? There is always people needing, why not let people decide when and where they give their meager help? It is only a large sum because many FELT like helping this particular woman with a couple bucks.



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Originally posted by habitforming
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ANYONE ELSE DONATING THEN YOU NEED A LIFE.


Really? That's constructive.

My question is why does she deserve the money, when it's her job to deal with unruly kids. Isn't that the POINT of being a bus monitor?

Really, what IS the point of being a monitor if you can't deal with this?


Do you not understand? She does not have to DESERVE something, just as when you hand a guy money on a corner, he may not DESERVE money, you FELT like giving it.



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Originally posted by kimish
I was bullied to the extent where it's affected me as an adult.
My little boy is bullied constantly.
Where's my damn money!?

On topic, she shouldn't get a penny.
Like another poster stated, donate the money to a charity or to an anti bullying campaign.

SMH
where's my money?


The power of video.......if you had video of you being bullied, and could post on YouTube, you would be able to retire.

Sad.....I actually regret donating before I posted this thread. She should donate the money. But she won't.


Why don't you just write and ask for your donation back and leave others to do as they please?



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen
 


Yeah, people have their hearts in the right place but what about the people losing homes and such due to the economy? I bet these people haven't donated a dime to anyone like that.


And how do you know what they give to others? I get tired of people telling others who they should give to. I have people walk up every single day and tell me i should donate my hair to cancer victims. Do they have any idea what i donate and where...non of their business why not mind their own and not let one hand know what the other is doing!



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee
 


You are not totally understanding. Your heart is in the right place though.

This woman got over a quarter of a million dollars donated to her because she was bullied. That is a slap in the face to the parents of children that committed suicide due to bullying. That is a slap in the face to the people that get bullied every day.

A QUARTER OF A MILLION FREAKING DOLLARS because something happened to her that happens every day in every city, in every town, in every county of every state... In every country.

A slap in the face to those who've been there and got it worse. Can you understand that?

I never once said that people should donate to so and so. Please reread my post and retract your statement.
I merely said there are people in more need of it and they get # on.
edit on 21-6-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Originally posted by LDragonFire
reply to post by amongus
 


Abusers often make the abused thinks it was all there fault.

We know the story already.

Your first instinct was right, to follow the rest of the bullies here your as bad as those kids on the bus that day.

What she does with the money isn't any forum posters business.


Really? I'm just as bad by asking a question as to why she should be getting donations?

Nice flawed comment.

Era. Never said it was Karen's fault. I just said she might have been undercut lifted for the position.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

edit on 21-6-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)


Clearly the info in the video is not complete. But maybe if you were 68 and your kid committed suicide a year earlier and a group of pests poking at you, calling you names said your own kids hate you so much they would rather be dead then be around you...you might break too!

The real surprise is that you gave anything in the first place.



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
reply to post by amongus
 





I did say that I had changed my mind on the matter. I'd retract my donation if I could.


We all have the right to change our opinions.

I'm sorry you can't retract the donation, but maybe it will go to a very worthy cause in the end.

I think many had their blood boiling when seeing this video, especially the very cruel remarks about the suicide of the son.





I lived in Georgia for a year back in the mid 1980s. If I had a dime for every time I was called a N lover, or "go kill yourself Yankee" I'd be richer than Karen.

Being a bus monitor, I'd think that she could have had some sort of training to deal with this. Yet she did nothing. It sad...trust me. But the monitors should know what potential problems they may encounter, and deal with them in the right way.

Do we know when the actual event occurred? Did she report them?


Why did you send the money?



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
It's abit weird the way our society works these days. With internet viral videos capable of changing peoples lives. From cat bin lady to Susan Boyle, these internet sensations are a new phenomena.

It's good in a way because it proves there is still empathy out there for those we feel connected too. It's just a shame it takes sensationalism to get people to look act.



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by amongus
 


I do not understand all of the hype or what message is being sent here.
If the story is true, the woman is a lump and should not be monitoring a telephone yet alone a bus full of human beings.

If WHAT story is true? You saw a few seconds of video so you have judged this person.



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by Char-Lee
 


You are not totally understanding. Your heart is in the right place though.

This woman got over a quarter of a million dollars donated to her because she was bullied. That is a slap in the face to the parents of children that committed suicide due to bullying. That is a slap in the face to the people that get bullied every day.

A QUARTER OF A MILLION FREAKING DOLLARS because something happened to her that happens every day in every city, in every town, in every county of every state... In every country.

A slap in the face to those who've been there and got it worse. Can you understand that?

I never once said that people should donate to so and so. Please reread my post and retract your statement.
I merely said there are people in more need of it and they get # on.
edit on 21-6-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)


When you give to one cause it does NOT slap the face of another cause!



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by amongus
 


I do not understand all of the hype or what message is being sent here.
If the story is true, the woman is a lump and should not be monitoring a telephone yet alone a bus full of human beings.

If WHAT story is true? You saw a few seconds of video so you have judged this person.

A few seconds was all it took to judge this person.
I know that if attempted on me, these actions would have stopped.
I know how to punish children well withing the school district guidelines, and if needed, I would work outside of them as well.
What you have witnessed in the video was a pack of wild dogs eating the false Alpha.
No sympathy here, she is just not cut out for that job.



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by amongus
 


I do not understand all of the hype or what message is being sent here.
If the story is true, the woman is a lump and should not be monitoring a telephone yet alone a bus full of human beings.

If WHAT story is true? You saw a few seconds of video so you have judged this person.

A few seconds was all it took to judge this person.
I know that if attempted on me, these actions would have stopped.
I know how to punish children well withing the school district guidelines, and if needed, I would work outside of them as well.
What you have witnessed in the video was a pack of wild dogs eating the false Alpha.
No sympathy here, she is just not cut out for that job.


Yah know...many people are not CUT OUT FOR their jobs...they take what they can get so what!

So no one should give you anything because someone else says so!

If someday someone decides to hand you some money I hope you don't have a pack of strangers jump on you and DECIDE what you should do with it and whether or not you are worthy of THEIR charity... remember not YOUR charity so I don't see where it concerns you one way or another.
edit on 21-6-2012 by Char-Lee because: sp



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee
 





Yah know...many people are not CUT OUT FOR their jobs...they take what they can get so what! So no one should give you anything because someone else says so! If someday someone decides to hand you some money I hope you don't have a pack of strangers jump on you and DECIDE what you should do with it and whether or not you are worthy of THEIR charity... remember not YOUR charity so I don't see where it concerns you one way or another.


You make some great points. ..and we really don't know how she was instructed to handle these situations, and could very weell have been told to ignore verbal taunts to her, and just report them later at the school.

Hopefully we will find out more on Anderson Cooper tonight. (I'll be watching for sure)

I agree that everyone has the right to give to who they want, and the freedom to spend it how they choose, but that being said, I hope you feel the same way about people who donate huge amounts to their churches (all denominations), and aren't hypocritical in the sense you judge how they choose to spend those donations.

edit on 21-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by phantomjack
 


It's because there are people that are genuinely in more need of money than this woman. Granted it was atrocious what happened to her but to give her money? THere are people losing their homes, children living in cars with their parents. They don't get a dime. But an older woman that's bullied gets a quarter mil? People are bullied every minute of every freaking day.

SMHx10


Ok, I agree with you, however, if that be the case, then it is impossible for everyone who needs help to be helped. This is just one case, in this situation, where Viral videos brought this lady to the front of the line. Call it luck, or what have you, but she was in the right place at the right time...period.




posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

Originally posted by phantomjack
I am shocked at some of the comments posted here.

It seems that the negative comments are derived from some sort of jealousy, or admiration, that she has been given this much money.

The fact of the matter is, why do you care what other people do with their money? There are GOOD people out there, who feel good about making donations. It just so happens that this story has gained a lot of attention as the video went viral.

How much money do you think the posters of the viral video made? They made something, from youtube, at the expense of this poor woman.

This money will buy her a much needed retirement. Not just a vacation...but enough to get her home and out of this awful position.

It goes to show just how much charity is out there. But to condemn it is just hard to understand.

Yes, money is the root of all evil. But I doubt much that this woman is going to put it up her nose, or buy a Ferrari, Porche, or Hummer with it. She will probably die with most of it still in the bank, but will have lived her final years in PEACE.

So GOOD FOR THE American who started this money raising campaign. That shows true American charity, and this woman's life is about to get so much better. Good for her.



Why should she get a dime? She was the school bus monitor and she was there to help enforce discipline on the bus. Did she even report it to her bosses when it happened!

??? I just don't understand why because she failed at the job she was hired for that she gets so much sympathy? Don't get me wrong, those kids are way over the line and need punished but did she report them as she (the monitor) was suppose to?

I am sure she will need the money when it comes out that this ws not an isolated incident on this bus but a regular occurence while she was "monitoring" the students. She should have exercised some of her authority but not have gone police tazer crazy.....


You guys are all looking at this wrong.

First, the money is not YOUR money. It was not TAX money. It was given to her by PRIVATE citizens.

You are making this bigger than what it is...

What it does for me, is that it creates "HOPE" -- that there are good people out there, who enjoy on making other people's lives better.

Why do you have to question whether she deserves it or not? Who cares how she did her job?

The fact is, a lot of people feel compassion about another human being. Its what we are supposed to do -- help one another, not put them down, like the subject of the darn video to begin with!

When did YOU stop being HUMAN?



posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
She should use the money to find out where these children live and then pay garry glitter to go play with them





new topics
top topics
 
6
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

log in

join