It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Karen Klein (Bullied Bus Monitor) be getting donations?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I think its everyone's right to donate to a cause they feel is valid .

Personally I think the amount is excessive, considering there are so many out there who could use a donation or two just to feed their kids properly.

I'm betting that she will donate some to an anti bullying campaign , or start a non profit organization dealing with these type of issues.

I do agree with amongus that this could very well lead to what others see as money making opportunities, and create false reports in search of donations.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

Yeah, people have their hearts in the right place but what about the people losing homes and such due to the economy? I bet these people haven't donated a dime to anyone like that.

I understand what you're saying...we can't save the whole world overnight, however, and we can't save everyone that's in a financial bind. I know that there is a family, as we speak, packing their things and not knowing where they are going to go, I feel for them and I could very well be one of them at any time now.

Why can't we just be happy for the woman, at least for a day.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Bus monitors duties

"maintain order on the bus".

It's across the board. Safe to say Karen did not do so. She was under qualified for the job.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Bus monitors duties

It's across the board. Safe to say Karen did not do so. She was under qualified for the job.

Now that's just being silly...what would have happened if she stood up to those kids, it was posted on the internet, the parents sued the school and the kids got a quarter of a million...cos that's what would have happened

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Bus monitors duties

You seem to be changing your opinion on this story?

whats up with that?

We don't know if she had already reported it, and appropriate actions weren't taken by those in charge.

There is a lot we don't know, about prior incidents, etc, or how she was instructed to handle it.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by destination now

Bus monitors duties

Now that's just being silly...what would have happened if she stood up to those kids, it was posted on the internet, the parents sued the school and the kids got a quarter of a million...cos that's what would have happened

I don't know? What WOULD have happened if she stood up to them? She never did.....we will never know.

I would think that a monitor would be able to do the right thing and tell the driver to return to the school, and hmake calls to the parents of the perps.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

Bus monitors duties

You seem to be changing your opinion on this story?

whats up with that?

We don't know if she had already reported it, and appropriate actions weren't taken by those in charge.

There is a lot we don't know, about prior incidents, etc, or how she was instructed to handle it.

I did say that I had changed my mind on the matter. I'd retract my donation if I could.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
I am shocked at some of the comments posted here.

It seems that the negative comments are derived from some sort of jealousy, or admiration, that she has been given this much money.

The fact of the matter is, why do you care what other people do with their money? There are GOOD people out there, who feel good about making donations. It just so happens that this story has gained a lot of attention as the video went viral.

How much money do you think the posters of the viral video made? They made something, from youtube, at the expense of this poor woman.

This money will buy her a much needed retirement. Not just a vacation...but enough to get her home and out of this awful position.

It goes to show just how much charity is out there. But to condemn it is just hard to understand.

Yes, money is the root of all evil. But I doubt much that this woman is going to put it up her nose, or buy a Ferrari, Porche, or Hummer with it. She will probably die with most of it still in the bank, but will have lived her final years in PEACE.

So GOOD FOR THE American who started this money raising campaign. That shows true American charity, and this woman's life is about to get so much better. Good for her.

Why should she get a dime? She was the school bus monitor and she was there to help enforce discipline on the bus. Did she even report it to her bosses when it happened!

??? I just don't understand why because she failed at the job she was hired for that she gets so much sympathy? Don't get me wrong, those kids are way over the line and need punished but did she report them as she (the monitor) was suppose to?

I am sure she will need the money when it comes out that this ws not an isolated incident on this bus but a regular occurence while she was "monitoring" the students. She should have exercised some of her authority but not have gone police tazer crazy.....

link   

Originally posted by destination now

Bus monitors duties

You don't have to stand up to kids with verbal abuse or physical means.

She could have chose to say,"keep it up boys, because its all going to be reported, and you know what that means".. or something to that effect.

What we don't know is if she did, and what was done about it. If the principle did not contact this parents, and tell them their children will have to find alternate ways to transit, if it didn't stop, then shame on him or her.

but..we don't know ..yet.. what the back story is to all of this.

link   
reply to post by amongus

Abusers often make the abused thinks it was all there fault.

We know the story already.

Your first instinct was right, to follow the rest of the bullies here your as bad as those kids on the bus that day.

What she does with the money isn't any forum posters business.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
reply to post by amongus

We know the story already.

Your first instinct was right, to follow the rest of the bullies here your as bad as those kids on the bus that day.

What she does with the money isn't any forum posters business.

Really? I'm just as bad by asking a question as to why she should be getting donations?

Nice flawed comment.

Era. Never said it was Karen's fault. I just said she might have been undercut lifted for the position.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

edit on 21-6-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Sigh.

There's a little too much LDS in this thread.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I did say that I had changed my mind on the matter. I'd retract my donation if I could.

We all have the right to change our opinions.

I'm sorry you can't retract the donation, but maybe it will go to a very worthy cause in the end.

I think many had their blood boiling when seeing this video, especially the very cruel remarks about the suicide of the son.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

so, according to the video she did not do her job for which she was hired for..... she certainly bears some of the responsibility....

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

reply to post by amongus

I'm sorry you can't retract the donation, but maybe it will go to a very worthy cause in the end.

I think many had their blood boiling when seeing this video, especially the very cruel remarks about the suicide of the son.

I lived in Georgia for a year back in the mid 1980s. If I had a dime for every time I was called a N lover, or "go kill yourself Yankee" I'd be richer than Karen.

Being a bus monitor, I'd think that she could have had some sort of training to deal with this. Yet she did nothing. It sad...trust me. But the monitors should know what potential problems they may encounter, and deal with them in the right way.

Do we know when the actual event occurred? Did she report them?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

reply to post by amongus

About the son ... those would have been fighting words...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Im bowing out of this thread, the woman was verbally assaulted, the kids will be punished for it. I feel sorry that she had to go threw this, and you all wish to make her out to be the one at fault. See how easy bullying can start and spread, just read this thread.

I hope she racks in a huge amount, enough she can retire.

No stars and flags for You!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Im bowing out of this thread, the woman was verbally assaulted, the kids will be punished for it. I feel sorry that she had to go threw this, and you all wish to make her out to be the one at fault. See how easy bullying can start and spread, just read this thread.

I hope she racks in a huge amount, enough she can retire.

No stars and flags for You!!!

Bravo. I second you.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Do we know when the actual event occurred? Did she report them?

I think we may hear more about the back story to all this as it unfolds. There are details that are missing.

I did read that the principle was sent to some sort of class, which I assumed it was because it had been reported to him, and he dealt with it ineffectively, but that is just assumption. It may not even be true that he was sent for classes.

I'll be interested in watching Anderson Cooper tonight, to get the bus lady's back story , and take on all of this.

I'm just really praying that no lives are lost through retaliation, or suicide

edit on 21-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Why not. If people whanna give let them give. What does it change in everybody elses life if she gets charity? It doesn't change anything to yours and it doesn't changes anything in mine. Better than giving to some charity wich the money you give pays for advertizing of the said chirity and everything that pertains to it being. Once your money gets to the actual cause theres. around 13 percent left.....if that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join