It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Mitt Romney be criminally charged as a serial killer ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Internationally maybe, but the President can declare war through congress without it being an American crime. No one really cares that its an international crime because no one can enforce it but us, when we feel like it.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Funny, very funny...

But, no.

Sorry, let's not cheapen murder like that.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I'm not using Mitt Romney's words to support my assumption, you need to re read the post.

I'm using the SUPREME COURT ruling, that "corporations are people".

Therefore, if you kill a person, you face a murder charge. Simple extrapolation, not exploitation of incorrectly quoted Romney speeches.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtap66
That rant just made the joke even funnier. Is it just me?

Nope. As posted just now, I didn't even use Romney's words for the basis of the post, which made the rant even funnier.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
Corporations are entities, is a better way to put it. They do not have the exact same rights and responsibilities as a person, but there are some similarities as corporations draw people together for a common goal and direction. A case for fraud sounds a lot more reasonable if he was purposefully profiteering through bankrupt proceedings. At a minimum this should be a very loud warning siren as to his character and lack of fiscal responsibility.

Wrong. Corporations are not "entities", they have been SPECIFICALLY declared as "people" by SCOTUS. In a very legal definition, corporations should be treated the same as people from that point on.
edit on 21-6-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
From Wiki

As a matter of interpretation of the word "person" in the Fourteenth Amendment, U.S. courts have extended certain constitutional protections to corporations. Opponents of corporate personhood seek to amend the U.S. Constitution to limit these rights to those provided by state law and state constitutions.[3]

People still do not get that?

Really?

How about 3/5's of a person?

Still don't understand what that means?

Understand completely. Seems to remind me of Jim Crowe. Maybe we should treat corporations the same way, then ? hmmmm

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by babybunnies

Murder statutes specifically refer to "human beings," not "people."

If you's spent a minute of time looking, instead of groping for stars and flags, you'd know the difference.

Or, did you just choose to ignore the difference?

What a waste of bandwidth.

Well, you obviously misunderstood the humor in my original post. Maybe I should just get the mods to reposition this post under "humor" then so that people without a sense of humor can tell the difference?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I would hope people would understand how ridiculous the whole thing is but it seems like some people are just taking you literally.

Your obviously taking Congresses' logic and extrapolating it to the furthest degree it can be taken to show how ridiculous it can get to call Corporations people. I applaud your well thought out efforts and I think this is an interesting, creative way to get about proving a point.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Wrong. Corporations are not "entities", they have been SPECIFICALLY declared as "people" by SCOTUS. In a very legal definition, corporations should be treated the same as people from that point on.

Cool, so Mitt Romney gets the death sentence.

There are legal arguments and then there is reality, I am not going to be holding my breath waiting for this on.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Speaking of which:
There is this hospital, that claims to be catholic, yet I have never seen it in church...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join