It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Mitt Romney be criminally charged as a serial killer ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
In a ruling last year, the United States Supreme Court (SCOTUS) ruled that "corporations are people" in order to allow massive amounts of campaign financing through super PACs.

This should cause Mitt Romney a problem. After all, during his tenure at Bain Capital, he was famous for taking over corporations, and "killing" them by loading them up with debt. This was premeditated, they went out looking for failing businesses that they could do this to, and did it many, many times.

However, with the SCOTUS ruling that corporations are people, shouldn't anyone who knowingly sets out to kill a corporation be charged under the same crime as those who knowingly set out to kill people?

This would be first degree murder (premedidated). A multiple count of first degree murder would rank you as a serial killer.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Clever. I like it.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Is it murder if you're willfully given control over a persons mind and then decide to stop eating/cut off limbs?
Just wondering. Seems like a bit of a stretch.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I am sick of politics as a whole, but ESPECIALLY sick of how people take politicians' words and twist them into a sound bite so they can make fun of the politician, as you are continuing here. From Romney to Obama, I am SICK of it.

Clearly, either you do not understand what Mitt Romney meant, or you are doing it because you enjoy twisting people's words. Or maybe you are just watching too much MSNBC.

Here is one analysis of what he said:

Mitt Romney caused somewhat of a kerfuffle yesterday when, in response to a heckler at the Iowa State Fair, he made the comment that “Corporations are people too.” As James Joyner noted yesterday, Romney’s argument is essentially correct in the sense that Romney was making the comment; namely that raising taxes on corporations ultimately means you’re raising taxes on people. Nonetheless, Romney’s response was slightly inartful, most likely due to the fact that it was made off-the-cuff, and The Cato Institute’s Ilya Shaprio argues that he should have put it just a little bit differently:
Obviously, Romney is not saying that corporations are living, breathing beings with rights to abortion (or not, or depending on the stage of development of the fetal/baby corporations) and marriage, who are subject to Obamacare’s individual mandate (or even Romneycare’s for Massachusetts corporations), can be put to death if they murder someone, and so forth. He means that corporate money always comes from, flows through, and ends up in human hands.

www.outsidethebeltway.com...

Please debate Mitt's business practices if you want to, but this type of parsing every politician's every word is tiresome. There is not ONE person who could stand up to the scrutiny of being followed around day after day with every word recorded and then broadcast to the world, usually out of context.

No wonder we can't find any good political candidates--you'd have to be nuts to bring this on yourself.

Okay, rant over.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
If corporations are people no one is allowed to own any corporations, that would be slavery against the 13th amendment. Sounds like the supreme court are closet communists.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
That rant just made the joke even funnier. Is it just me?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Oh I love it......have to say this gets the award for the most 'creative' use of logic to change perception on something in a long time......I really love it......the old saying 'you can't have it both ways'......either they are people with all the goods and bad, or they aren't....can't be just partial people with partial rights and privileges....Right?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Since lefties seem to hate corporations, I would think they would be grateful that Romney had them killed, yet they seem to hate Romney nonetheless.
This type of hypocrisy just kills me.
Can't have it both ways folks, either you kill them all or STF out of the way and let them do their thing.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Riiiiight.

You are aware the current POTUS has a kill list? How many posts do you have wanting to arrest him as a serial killer?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Corporations are entities, is a better way to put it. They do not have the exact same rights and responsibilities as a person, but there are some similarities as corporations draw people together for a common goal and direction. A case for fraud sounds a lot more reasonable if he was purposefully profiteering through bankrupt proceedings. At a minimum this should be a very loud warning siren as to his character and lack of fiscal responsibility.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Murder statutes specifically refer to "human beings," not "people."

If you's spent a minute of time looking, instead of groping for stars and flags, you'd know the difference.

Or, did you just choose to ignore the difference?

What a waste of bandwidth.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Im amazed people still buy the BS corporations are people nonsense. Idiots.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This sounds like the arguments I would hear on the playgound in grade school.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Obama should be charged for the Premeditated murder of Brian Terry,and many more Mexicans.......

NOW.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Maybe you haven't noticed, but corporations have been allowed to exist as separate entities for more than 300 years.

Your city and your school district are "corporations."
Barack Obama "killed" Delphi, General Motors and Chrysler with his forced bankruptcies.
I lost every penny of my investments in them to save the UAW.

I am ready to testify against BHO for "killing" them.
Is that what you want?

edit on 21-6-2012 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Maybe you haven't noticed, but corporations have been allowed to exist as separate entities for more than 300 years.

Your city and your school district are "corporations."
Barack Obama "killed" Delphi, General Motors and Chrysler with his forced bankruptcies.
I lost every penny of my investments in them to save the UAW.

I am ready to testify against BHO for "killing" them.
Is that what you want?

edit on 21-6-2012 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

Its just never as funny when your joke gets thrown back in your face though.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Actually the citizens united ruling did not give corporations all the rights of a person, just enough to have certain rights to where you can sue them and make campaign ads.

Just another day of hating corporations on here and a right winger who is not even Potus yet.

I think the current adminstration should be charged as serial killers.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
You guys do realize corporate personhood is a fact. Corporations have some of the same rights as people. they aren't litterally people obviously. They have the right to free speech, are proctected by the 14th ammendment, 4th ammendment, 5th ammendment, and probably a bunch of others i don't know about about.

They are protected by the consitution of america. You know,the one that starts with "We the People of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union"

reclaimdemocracy.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
From Wiki

As a matter of interpretation of the word "person" in the Fourteenth Amendment, U.S. courts have extended certain constitutional protections to corporations. Opponents of corporate personhood seek to amend the U.S. Constitution to limit these rights to those provided by state law and state constitutions.[3]

People still do not get that?

Really?

How about 3/5's of a person?

Still don't understand what that means?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
If corperations are now classed as people then I think the same crime should apply. Dont really know about corps and what have you. But he recently stated that he would attack Iran, if selected to the white house. Isnt that conspiring to commit a crime?
edit on 21-6-2012 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join