It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USGS: 14 Mag 4 or greater Quakes today, RSOE lists 34 Mag 4 or over for same period (UTC)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I just thought this was interesting, I was looking at the RSOE EDIS site, at the earthquake list (scroll down a bit from the map), there seemed to be a high number of 4+ Mag quakes (35), high but not unheard of, yet looking at the USGS site, selecting the quakes over 2.5/4.5 list for today, there were only 14 quakes listed.

How could there be such a discrepency?

USGS 2.5/4.5 list:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

RSOE EDIS site:

hisz.rsoe.hu...

I notice some of the RSOE quakes are separated by seconds or minutes, but they are still distinct and significant quakes, are they not?

edit on 21-6-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: addendum

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

I've been noticing this happening for awhile now. USGS is becoming useless.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

I've been noticing this happening for awhile now. USGS is becoming useless.

Really, what exactly have you noticed? This specifically, something else or just lack of effective reporting in general? Just curious, not trying to pin you down or anything................

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I've noticed more earthquakes listed on other sites that are missing from USGS, particularly at New Madrid. There was another thread on that awhile back, so I'm not the only one who has noticed it.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I've noticed more earthquakes listed on other sites that are missing from USGS, particularly at New Madrid. There was another thread on that awhile back, so I'm not the only one who has noticed it.

Do you happen to have a link to that thread?

I also started a general thread about dropped earthquakes:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

but not too many people seemed interested, but a few did. It surprises me because this is highly significant if earthquakes are being hidden from the public. I think it is an axiom that the truth is hidden only if it is considered dangerous.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Actually it was your thread I was remembering. I didn't post on it though ~ sorry for that. I guess that's what made me pay more attention to what was and wasn't showing up on USGS.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Actually it was your thread I was remembering. I didn't post on it though ~ sorry for that. I guess that's what made me pay more attention to what was and wasn't showing up on USGS.

Hey, glad you noticed! Don't worry about not posting, I'm not looking for attention, high post numbers, stars, flags etc - just trying to educate and be educated. If I can learn one new thing, espeically if it helps my life, and if I can teach one person one new thing that helps their life - I will be satisfied.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Mot only are they missing but others have taken screen shots of recent earthquakes that are removed shortly there after . The question is why ? I believe the government is trying to hide from the people all the information that may correlate to a religous belief of end times prophecy . They also may be hiding the fact certain areas have become active supporting data of a more massive quake in the near future or volcanic awakenings .

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok2day

Mot only are they missing but others have taken screen shots of recent earthquakes that are removed shortly there after . The question is why ? I believe the government is trying to hide from the people all the information that may correlate to a religous belief of end times prophecy . They also may be hiding the fact certain areas have become active supporting data of a more massive quake in the near future or volcanic awakenings .

I understand a desire not to panic the public...................unless they have known about some problem for a long time and had decades to tell us and help us get prepared - then they deserve a fate worse than death.

What I'm more concerned about is if they know the cause of the increase in quakes. Is it just a random increase in tectonic activity or something else? If we had a increase in tectonic activity that lasted days or weeks I would be more likely to believe it was just random anomalous movement in the plates, but it seems to have been going on for a few years now - which leads me to believe it is not random.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

You can't see why there's a discrepancy?

Even when you yourself have said that the USGS list only contains quakes 2.5 and above for the US and 4.5 and above for the rest of the world whereas RSOE has listed every quake 2.0 and above in the world.

Of course the RSOE list will be longer it has a wider criteria.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

You can't see why there's a discrepancy?

Even when you yourself have said that the USGS list only contains quakes 2.5 and above for the US and 4.5 and above for the rest of the world whereas RSOE has listed every quake 2.0 and above in the world.

Of course the RSOE list will be longer it has a wider criteria.

They both list quakes over 4.0 for the whole world and those are which I was counting. I was just reading the USGS quakes from the list titled 2.5/4.0 quakes (for US and world repectively).

Understand?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Hey, glad you noticed! Don't worry about not posting, I'm not looking for attention, high post numbers, stars, flags etc - just trying to educate and be educated. If I can learn one new thing, espeically if it helps my life, and if I can teach one person one new thing that helps their life - I will be satisfied.

Well then you can be satisfied on my account.

But I still gave you a flag and a few stars on this one. Just becuz

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

But USGS doesn't list any quakes under 4.5 for the rest of the world anymore, whilst it appears that RSOE does.

edit on 21/6/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

But USGS doesn't list any quakes under 4.5 for the rest of the world anymore, whilst it appears that RSOE does.

edit on 21/6/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

Oh, I see what you are saying, the discrepency is in all the 4.0 - 4.5 quakes listed by the RSOE but not the USGS. Thanks for pointing that out, that probably explains most of it.

But still there is my other thread on dropped quakes............care to take a whack at that?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Take notice of the source.
There are duplicates and corrections.
USGS,GEONET,and EMSC all totally different sites.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Azadok2day

I've never heard of an earthquake being intentionally hidden, and I've been in the business of reporting earthquakes for many years.

new topics

top topics

join