It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Holder won't be held in contempt by the Senate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

The panel voted strictly on party lines, and it is a Democratic Majority in the US Senate.

Therefore, Obama and Holder will walk without any real inquiry and this is just one more example of US Political madness. This, of course, was known by the Republicans and thus is no more than political gaming with a very real issue and the American people are being towed along like idiotic zombies while the country collapses.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JDINFOWARRIOR

No, here's why it won't go anywhere. Iran-Contra, Oliver North, Eugene Hassenfuss, Barry Seal, Mena Operation, 'Screw-worm'. ADFA, Whitewater, Flowerwood, Castle-Grande, Gun Walkers.

Fast and Furious is just the modern descendant of all the guns for drugs operations. Its a can of worms nobody wants opened. Well, nobody important, anyway.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

No, here's why it won't go anywhere. Iran-Contra, Oliver North, Eugene Hassenfuss, Barry Seal, Mena Operation, 'Screw-worm'. ADFA, Whitewater, Flowerwood, Castle-Grande, Gun Walkers.

BRB Gonna Google.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Which were covered up using the excuse of...?

Bingo! Voting party lines, and other lame excuses that left the American people less free, more frustrated, and usually less wealthy.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

BRB Gonna Google.

Bush's version of "gun walker" was actually called "operation wide receiver". You might find more on that operation using those key words.
cantotalk.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I don't think the Senate votes on this kind of thing. After the panel vote there is a full House vote and that's it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Also wrote an article speculating that Wide Reciever armed Jared Lee Loughner, who shot Gabrielle Giffords and John Roll (as well as a 9yr old girl) who were supposedly investigating gun-walking and were pro-2nd Amendment (much to the dismay of their party). You can find it on planet.infowars.com

Was trying to win the contest.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Witch Hunt.
As stated correctly above Fast and Furious
was simply a continuation of the covert op
that was started by Bush.
Of course Bush isn't black nor did he appoint a black
Attorney General. So no investigation needed.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
I don't think the Senate votes on this kind of thing. After the panel vote there is a full House vote and that's it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

en.wikipedia.org...

Leadership and partisanship
Representatives are generally less independent of party leaders than senators, and usually vote as the leadership directs. Incentives to cooperate include the leadership's power to select committee chairs, determine committee assignments, and provide re-election support in the primary and general elections. As a result, the leadership plays a much greater role in the House than in the Senate, an example of why the atmosphere of the House is regarded by many as more partisan.
When the Presidency and Senate are controlled by a different party from the one controlling the House, the Speaker can become the de facto "leader of the opposition." Since the Speaker is a partisan officer with substantial power to control the business of the House, the position is often used for partisan advantage.
In the instance when the Presidency and both Houses of Congress are controlled by one party, the Speaker normally takes a low profile and defers to the President. For that situation the House Minority Leader can play the role of a de facto "leader of the opposition", often more so than the Senate Minority Leader, due to the more partisan nature of the House and the greater role of leadership.

In that case, expect a contempt vote.

6 non-voting members

Political groups
Republican Party (242)
Democratic Party (190)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JDINFOWARRIOR

Thanks, I never got that connection before. Too many connections and they stem so far back its impossible to uncover them all.

I did know there had to be a reason Loughner was being kept "sedated" and that was why he will never be allowed to come to trial.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

It goes way back before Bush.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
there was and is a huge difference between fast and furious and wider receiver.
Wide receiver was a controlled drop operation looking to nab the bad guys at exchange. It had coordination and cooperation of the mexican government.
Fast and Furios was a "let the guns walk" operation with the hope of tracking the guns after crimes or raids. this was done without the coordination and cooperation of the mexican government.

you guys can google it

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

I was aware of the cooperation between Calderone and Bush, what we don't know is how many innocent people died on account of that cooperation.

I couldn't tell you why it is but bad ideas almost always go from bad to worse. It was a stupid idea from Iran Contra on.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

completely agree. all of these bait operations kill innocents every time. I just needed to clarify the b.s. that FF was a continuation of something it wasn't.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDINFOWARRIOR
Which were covered up using the excuse of...?

Bingo! Voting party lines, and other lame excuses that left the American people less free, more frustrated, and usually less wealthy.

The answer here is that we have to quit electing Democrats and Republicans.
We do not have a choice. What we have is the ILLUSION of choice. When Democrats and Republicans are elected, the American voter and taxpayer is screwed. BOHICA!
edit on 6-21-2012 by groingrinder because: Edited for spelling.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

It was guns for drugs. Doesn't matter who did it or why, that's the issue.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I believe the who and why does as the devil is always in the details. We both agree it's bad at any level but intent matters and methods matter.

peace

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another

I believe the who and why does as the devil is always in the details. We both agree it's bad at any level but intent matters and methods matter.

peace

I know what you're saying, but there are so many details about the whole guns for drugs fiasco that my eyes are crossed. Looking at the Bush regime's operation (which was probably more a Cheney deal), if you go all the way back to the 2006 joke of a Mexican election, I'm positive of one thing ~ if Oberador had won it, there would have been no guns for drugs deal. That's why he had to lose.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Calderon is named victor by Supremes

In a virtual Re-do of our 2000 election, the Mexican Supremes threw out Oberador's suit.

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexico's top electoral court threw out allegations of massive fraud in last month's presidential election on Monday, handing almost certain victory to conservative candidate Felipe Calderon.

The seven judges voted unanimously to reject almost all the legal complaints by left-wing candidate Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, who said he was robbed of victory in the July 2 vote.

(second story down) sbgypsy.blogspot.com...

I followed that election from beginning to end on the only US media that covered it (out of San Antonio) and it was a total hijinx to put Bush's buddy Calderone in office. Afterwards, the Mexican people poured into the capitol from all over the country and the protests literally shut the financial district down for days on end over having their election stolen. It was outstanding to see. But hardly anyone in the US even knew what was going on. And we know how it ended.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDINFOWARRIOR
en.wikipedia.org...

The panel voted strictly on party lines, and it is a Democratic Majority in the US Senate.

Therefore, Obama and Holder will walk without any real inquiry and this is just one more example of US Political madness. This, of course, was known by the Republicans and thus is no more than political gaming with a very real issue and the American people are being towed along like idiotic zombies while the country collapses.

The HOUSE votes on it NOT THE SENATE

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
Witch Hunt.
As stated correctly above Fast and Furious
was simply a continuation of the covert op
that was started by Bush.
Of course Bush isn't black nor did he appoint a black
Attorney General. So no investigation needed.

... and of course all this will be revealed once Obama releases those documents, right?

I can't wait.

What I find hard to believe is just how loyal Obama and Holder are to one another.
They both have dirt on each other but in the end, the buck stops
....with Bush!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join