It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 100,000 affected by ulster bank systems failure.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
One of Irelands Zombie banks has had a "system failure" resulting in 100,000 people with out access to there wages and welfare payments.
www.breakingnews.ie...
Is there any ulster bank customers on here affected? If so what is the bank telling you??
I wonder is this a dry-run for something bigger down the road. Something similar happened in Italy a couple of weeks back.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Thoughts??

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
No, this is not a dry run. This isn't a "let's see what happens to 100k people, so when 1,000x that in a generalized European bank failure happens we know what to expect".
It's a valid point, and the sample size would actually be almost appropriate for the entirety of Europe, but it's still too big and wouldn't adequately simulate reality, so I'm calling it a general accidental failure. But yes, when Europe goes down, this will inevitably happen eventually at some point anyway, it's happened before and it'll happen again, just in this scenario, digital money will vanish and bartering will become the rage, instead of people carrying wheel barrows of money around to buy something. something will have to replace work/labor hours when the system fails.
edit on 21-6-2012 by mrsparkles669 because: oops

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Ranong

I'm in England but my wages weren't paid today (I'm paid every Thursday). The money had been transferred from my employer but was lost at the bank due to a 'systems failure'.

I was told it should be rectified by tomorrow. My Dad didn't get his pension either? Were in the same bank but not Ulster bank.

My wife want's to go grocery shopping tonight. She'll have to wait
I'll take any excuse not to go shopping

edit on 21/6/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Im just reading now that its sister bank in britain, NATWEST is also affected.
There will be alot of empty barstolls in Ireland and britain tonight!!

I hope it is just a small glitch, I would hate to see people without there well-earned money. Especially the old and the vulnerable. Fingers crossed.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
if your banks are down graded to junk tonight, I would pull all my money out at once. Everyone should always have extra cash at home just incase something like this happens

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ranong
Im just reading now that its sister bank in britain, NATWEST is also affected.
There will be alot of empty barstolls in Ireland and britain tonight!!

I hope it is just a small glitch, I would hate to see people without there well-earned money. Especially the old and the vulnerable. Fingers crossed.

Where I'm concerned the problem is solved. My pay has gone into my account now. They said on the phone the problem affected all automatic transfers using the BACS system in the UK.

hopefully it will be an isolated incident.
edit on 21/6/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join