It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Partisan shills using ATS forum as a campaign site for their candidate of choice.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by shaluach

Cheers, shaluach, I think a lot of member have been seeing this here on ATS, just as it is all over the Web. I have no doubt we get a number of suspicious members who are here as:

• Disinfo agents working for the gov't (propping up official story lines, or pushing a political agenda)
  • Cointell agents seeking to undermine movements, infiltrate, etc. (The FBI are the masters of counter-intelligence ops)
  • Shills, working on behalf of a political agency, public or private
  • Sock-puppets, etc.

Approaching the election, this will only get worse, and probably more brazen as the aforementioned shills won't bother spending as much time carefully crafting their online persona to mask their true agenda. ATS, being an actively moderated site, might not be as bad as some of the public forums, but there's not a lot that can be done so long as the above don't stray over the T&C.

Directing public opinion through a manufactured narrative being pushed on TV and on the Web by an army of bots/shills/sock-puppets is now big business.

While not a big fan of Fox Lies "news", I did like Judge Andrew Napolitano (recently fired by them), who said this:

“What if the two party system was actually a mechanism used to limit so-called public opinion?”

“What if there were more than two sides to every issue, but the two parties wanted to box you into a corner?”

“What if there’s no such thing as public opinion, because every thinking person has opinions that are uniquely his own?”

“What if what we call public opinion, was just a manufactured narrative that makes it easier to convince people that if their views are different, then there’s something wrong with that, or there’s something wrong with them?”

“What if the whole purpose of the Democratic and Republican parties was not to expand voters’ choices, but to limit them?”

“What if the widely perceived differences between the two parties was just an illusion?”

“What if the heart of the government policy remains the same, no matter who’s in the White House?”

“What if the heart of government policy remains the same, no matter what the people want?”

“What if those vaunted differences between Democrat and Republican, were actually just minor disagreements?”

“What if both parties just want power, and are willing to have young people fight meaningless wars in order to enhance that power?”

“What if both parties government policies didn’t change when government leaders did?”

“What if no matter who won an election, government stayed the same?”

Couldn't agree more.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I never called you a ron paul supporter or a partisan shill. I said you are pushing an agenda, the agenda to ban all republicans and democrats from this free international and open forum!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Everybody in America doesn't belong to Ron Paul cult or ATS!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
reply to post by RSF77

That's not even what I said... reading comprehension.

Look I can do that too.
edit on 21-6-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Yes you said everybody in america believes Romney is the same as Obama.... Where the heck do you even get that from? My only logical conclusion is that you believe ATS represents America and her beliefs/best interests.

ATS is not even close and the majority of Americans snicker at conspiracy theorists or websites like this.
edit on 21-6-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

reply to post by RSF77

Yes you said everybody in america believes Romney is the same as Obama.... Where the heck do you even get that from? My only logical conclusion is that you believe ATS represents America and her beliefs/best interests.

ATS is not even close and the majority of Americans snicker at conspiracy theorists or websites like this.

Wrong again. Am I going to have to quote it or can you go back a page?

Or are you just trying to put words on me?

I described very precisely what I was saying just for people like you.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

ok...Almost everybody in america. Again where do you get your information from?

Or are you just making crap up?

I do agree that most people don't care about politics though and don't even bother voting. But that just means they don't care, it doesn't mean they will ever support a third party if they did care enough. Most Americans like to play it safe, and they will jump onto any bandwagon that appears to be winning. That's what happened with Obama and the latinos/blacks last election. They didn't support Ron Paul!!!!
They supported obama because they liked what he had to say

Not so much this time around. And your going to begin to see people rally around Mitt Romney.

Wake up call, most people don't research the candidates. The debates decide for them, or they just vote on a whim.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Accomplish? Dude. It's a RANT FORUM. It's a place to blow off steam about something. It isn't about "solving" anything. I use REAL THREADS to try and educate people to things. I come here to RANT about partisan shills such as yourself, because apparently since it's an election year there is an increase of you on this page.

So any amateur "psychoanalysis" you try to make about me based on this thread is going to be way off base. You don't know what I want, whether it be balance or not. So once again all you can do is try to focus on me personally. Please, go back to one of your Romney worshipping threads. I'm sure you have plenty.

And I'm not banning anyone. I'm not a moderator.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

ok...Almost everybody in america. Again where do you get your information from?

Or are you just making crap up?

I do agree that most people don't care about politics though and don't even bother voting. But that just means they don't care, it doesn't mean they will ever support a third party if they did care enough. Most Americans like to play it safe, and they will jump onto any bandwagon that appears to be winning. That's what happened with Obama and the latinos/blacks last election. They didn't support Ron Paul!!!!
They supported obama because they liked what he had to say

Not so much this time around. And your going to begin to see people rally around Mitt Romney.

Wake up call, most people don't research the candidates. The debates decide for them, or they just vote on a whim.

/facepalm

Wrong again. My god pay attention.

Originally posted by RSF77
It's not only Ron Paul supporters who don't support the status quo, it's basically everyone else on this website besides a handful of highly vocal partisans... oh yea, and probably ALL of the 97% of America that doesn't vote because its disgusted with the system.

Or saying how Obama and Romney are the same.

That's not just Ron Paul people, that's almost EVERYBODY in America. Most of them are just too pissed off to vote or care anymore.

Where in this, or anywhere on here, do you get me saying that most of America supports Ron Paul?

English not your first language or something? This is the THIRD time now, are you just hearing what you want to hear or are you just not paying attention, not reading and just trying to argue?

You got warmer with this post, then put words in my mouth saying something about me thinking ATS is America (or represents it I guess?).

Then you went right back to the me saying everybody supports Paul thing:

Most Americans like to play it safe, and they will jump onto any bandwagon that appears to be winning. That's what happened with Obama and the latinos/blacks last election. They didn't support Ron Paul!!!!

This is too much of a pain in the ass.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I never called you a ron paul supporter or a partisan shill. I said you are pushing an agenda, the agenda to ban all republicans and democrats from this free international and open forum!

Wow. You really have a problem with keeping up with the subject. You keep making up things as you go AND changing the subject. No one is trying to ban all Republicans and Democrats from an open forum. LMAO. You are seriously paranoid and delusional.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach

So any amateur "psychoanalysis" you try to make about me based on this thread is going to be way off base. You don't know what I want, whether it be balance or not. So once again all you can do is try to focus on me personally. Please, go back to one of your Romney worshipping threads. I'm sure you have plenty.

Ok so you admit. There is no point. You believe in a third party platform. Probably libertarian. You don't want to bring balance to some issue that you point out on this forum. You just want to complain about it...

This is why I usually stay away from the rant forum. Bunch of crybabies you all are. Stop dancing around the issues and answer my questions why not?

BTW the only thing I can do is guess, because you refuse to tell me what exactly you are so pissed off about and why you are angry at people for posting topics about the candidate they like on a political forum!

Finally, if Obama and Romney are the same, how are the posts exactly partisan? since you believe they are the same, then they are likely bipartisan in mind! Meaning that all those threads are the same!

Yes?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Do you remember the title of this thread and the contents inside??

"Partisan shills using ATS forum as a campaign site for their candidate of choice."

You wish these people would stop posting pro-obama/pro-romney threads right?

Is there something I am missing?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

No, I am not a Libertarian. And no I don't want to just complain about things. Like I said, you are 100% wrong about me.

Cry babies huh? How mature of you.

What questions do you want answered? And why should I even consider answering a condescending twerp like you? Who do you think you are to demand anything of me?

The posts are partisan because you are endorsing a specific political party/nominee. Do you not know the definition of partisan? You really shouldn't be here if you don't. Oh, wait. I get it. You are trying to be witty. Too bad it didn't work out for you. At least not this time.

So I'll pose your question back to you: If we are such "crybabies" then why are you even on this thread? (Of course you don't see me complaining that you are trying to ban me from this forum LOL. And I'm the crybaby? Take a nice long look in the mirror, pal.)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

That's not just Ron Paul people, that's almost EVERYBODY in America. Most of them are just too pissed off to vote or care anymore.

Where in this, or anywhere on here, do you get me saying that most of America supports Ron Paul?

I never said everybody in America supports Ron Paul. Do you remember what you typed? Because it's up there. and I agreed with you.

People don't vote or they just don't care and vote on a whim or one stupid issue like gay marriage!

I never said everybody in america supports Ron Paul. You are seeing things...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

You wish these people would stop posting pro-obama/pro-romney threads right?

Is there something I am missing?

The only thing you are missing is common sense and reading comprehension. Yes I do wish they would stop posting these things. That doesn't mean I want them banned from a public website. That's a complete non-sequitur. You are grasping at straws, dude.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Again, good luck with your fruitless attempt at getting people to stop supporting partisan politics when you cannot even restrain yourself from calling someone you don't agree with a little twerp.

I haven't alerted the mods to any one of your posts. I'm not trying to ban you, I'm just hoping to get you to understand how stupid this thread was. But I rest my case, since this is the rant forum. Goodbye! Have fun complaining on the rest of ATS.

A little Advice: You'll begin to see much more Romney/Obama threads in Sept, Oct, Nov. Better stay away then.

Also there is ignore. I'm not sure, but I think you can click ignore the whole US election thread if you choose to

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I never said everybody in America supports Ron Paul. Do you remember what you typed? Because it's up there. and I agreed with you.

People don't vote or they just don't care and vote on a whim or one stupid issue like gay marriage!

I never said everybody in america supports Ron Paul. You are seeing things...

You are not comprehending English.

Jesus, you should be able to remember that you were the one who said I said that.

reply to post by RSF77

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

What am I missing here?

Please explain instead of insulting me.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Again, good luck with your fruitless attempt at getting people to stop supporting partisan politics when you cannot even restrain yourself from calling someone you don't agree with a little twerp.

I call it like I see it. And you have a lot of nerve complaining about someone calling you names. All you have done is tried to personally attack me, to the point where you invented this false strawman me to attack.

I haven't alerted the mods to any one of your posts. I'm not trying to ban you,

Oh well thank you soooooo much. /sarcasm

I'm just hoping to get you to understand how stupid this thread was.

I beg to differ. It's a rant forum. It's not supposed to be profound. It's for RANTING. You really have a learning disability. That's all I can gather from numerous people having to repeat themselves to you. You are free to think this thread is "stupid." Maybe where you are from, or on Facebook or something, you are popular or people care about what you think. But on this thread, we don't. We really don't.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

reply to post by RSF77

What am I missing here?

Please explain instead of insulting me.

It's all right here on this thread, go read it lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join