It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Will Christians Wake Up?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

Here's some advice very special for you personally. Stop thinking. Realize that you don't know 1/10th of 1% percent of absolutely nothing. Start all over with the innocence of a little child and be sure not to make any decisions for the rest of your life after you make this one and only decision. Accept Christ as your personal Lord and Savior. Confess your sins, ask forgiveness and just believe that he is THE SON OF GOD come to earth in the flesh Love your Heavenly Father above everything. Then I get satisfaction out of seeing you on the other side happy as a pig in crap. And also knowing for a fact, I made the Creator of the whole damn uni-verse smile seeing that, if even you could get there ?

His plan was more than fair.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Christianity and Religion are not at all the same thing. My family and many others are non practicing Christians, as most of my friends, in fact hard to find otherwise. Anyone aware of the corruption in the world and able to see through control renounces religions, but not even the black market crowd we knew renounced Christ. They just had substance abuse problems.

And Christians and Buddhists out of the religions are indeed the most Loving. They are not Sharia which is absolute evil. They feed the poor, and will adopt whole families in fact.

Of course we don't have the same number of fundamentalists here in Canada.

And when you quote the distortions and ugly parts of the bible, its like this either a person can look and try to find the metaphor, or its an ugly LIE written by the PTB and their pscyhotic anti human, smiting, warring god, because they are demons in training. Unless they repent, equalize everything in this world and step down.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
reply to post by Unity_99

Christianity is the religion of love, yes, but it practices this love by forging gulfs between the Believer, and the Nonbeliever.

What does Light have to do with darkness? Nothing.

Christianity teaches us to condemn the homosexual, the woman who is proud, the victim of a rapist, the Pagan and other Non-Christian, as well as any who oppose Creationism and support scientific rationale like evolutionary theory.

1. The person caught up in the homosexual lifestyle has been handed over to it by God. This judgment is simple:  they are given over to their passions.  That means that their hearts are allowed to be hardened by their sins (Romans 1:24). As a result, they can no longer see the error of what they are doing, and then they go and promote it and condemn others who don't participate in their sin.  Gosh, what do we see in the world today? So, without an awareness of their sinfulness, there will be no repentance and trusting in Jesus.  Without Jesus, they will have no forgiveness.  Without forgiveness, there is no salvation. Homosexuality is EVIDENCE of reprobation and judgement. Therefore, why would a Christian endorse homosexuality? A Christian will strive to get them to see the reality of their situation, to show them that forgiveness is there.

2. Pride is a killer - for both sexes. It condemns.

3. Only God condemns. 

4. Why would a Christian, who knows that they were created by the Creator, believe in the theory of evolution?

Christianity also tries to directly tie morality into their God, despite the Bible being rife with completely immoral activities committed by God, Jesus, and Christians alike. The Christian then has the nerve to suggest that it is the nonbeliever who commits atrocities because they do not have the moral compass of Jesus to steer them.

Biblical morality guided our nation's laws for the past 200 hundred years. It's up to you to question why it changed, why the last two generations have been convinced that Jesus is a lie, and why our nation is now ruled by those who not only despise Christ but despise humanity. Hint: know the time in which you live.

snip ... and they seek to take away the rights of others by not allowing the free practice of their own worship (by trying to stop the building of Mosques and pagan temples).

I guess that you can't figure out that it's actually Christ being purposely removed from every aspect of your life and that you are inadvertently supporting  it. Have those mosques and synagogues - someday you will know exactly what it means when they kill us thinking that they do it for God. Then you might just be called by the True God of Heaven and Earth and you will drop down in your knees in repentance - crying in grief that you even wrote this thread in blindness of the One True Creator.

Christians are completely unloving.

"I love, because He loved me first"
Your definition of love means "acceptance" and "tolerance". That isn't your Creator's definition, so where did you get yours from? Let me guess, the shining light of Lucifer - the pride of the human heart that says "I'm a god and I will  not bow down to anybody, let alone the Creator of Heaven and Earth" and "acceptance is a MUST if we are to rebuild Babel" and "There is no right or wrong - accept everything - the murder of babies, greed, free sex, drugs, crime, theft - it's all good." The Creator - God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob - gave even Cain the option to choose good and life and death and evil. There is none good but God and He is The Life.

But, as society does now without Him, it accepts the relabelling of evil as 'good' and will bring about it's own destruction. You can choose to think of Christians as unloving, or you can choose to see that we go out in the world as Jesus did - to preach the gospel message of the Kingdom of Heaven and that a repentant heart brings about salvation. It's your unrepentant heart that refuses to see and acknowledge that all the ills in our society are brought about by the very choice of now believing that evil is good. You drive by neighbourhoods with bars on their windows, overcrowded prisons, the local methadone clinics, the no-go zones in your big cities, the gangs hanging out on the corners, the local druggies in the childrens' parks, the parents walking their child to school to keep them safe from pedophiles, the local drive-by shootings, the latest arrests for rape and murder.....yet you will not take responsibility that all of these ills have come about in a population that rejects God and His laws (both Christian and non). Speak to your grandparents - they didn't fear ANY OF IT.

God wills all to be saved and none to perish, but the fact is, our hearts have such capacity for evil and love of pride that few will be saved

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serraphina
reply to post by southtower

I happen to get the sith lord vibe (star wars dark lord) from our present pope. It's rather unnerving.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. The guy creeps me out.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
be sure not to make any decisions for the rest of your life after you make this one and only decision.
Ah, I'd like to see this scripture.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel

Originally posted by randyvs
be sure not to make any decisions for the rest of your life after you make this one and only decision.
Ah, I'd like to see this scripture.

I just hope he's got enough sense to be glad someone posted it.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Serraphina

So I'd say, those Christian's already got what was coming to them. We certainly cannot blame Christian's today for the mistakes of people who lived centuries ago.

That line sums up a lot for me, why would God scorn every being (Born With Sin) for a mistake that was made from his own creation, which he knew was going to happen. Quite a big mistake from anyone's POV really.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EddyR3

That's what the whole concept of Grace is for. Plus, there's plenty of times that God makes exceptions. No reason for exceptions if God isn't going to bend Himself to our limitations, a bit.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

OK, thanks for the reply

As i interpret your post, i feel that the statement "God makes exceptions" would be the same as saying "2 way ruling" what works for 1, doesn't for another. Shouldn't we all be equal regardless?

God would be OK with a rapist/murderer etc etc IF they repent and accept Jesus as their Savior, this would get them into heaven right? EVEN though they have caused or acted upon such atrocities?

I may be VERY wrong in those statements, but that's how i interpret it

p.s > Its not a dig and if it comes over as argumentative, apologies in advance

edit on 25-6-2012 by EddyR3 because: Removed a word - Mis quoted

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
What is a Christian? Fred Phelps says that he is a Christian. But so does Obama, Romney and the Pope.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Sorry, double post
edit on 6/25/2012 by darkelf because: double post

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by EddyR3
reply to post by Serraphina

So I'd say, those Christian's already got what was coming to them. We certainly cannot blame Christian's today for the mistakes of people who lived centuries ago.

That line sums up a lot for me, why would God scorn every being (Born With Sin) for a mistake that was made from his own creation, which he knew was going to happen. Quite a big mistake from anyone's POV really.

From your POV, a human perspective, I understand the paradox you are trying to point out.

However, it's not just about humans. There are more intelligent beings in creation than just ourselves, and some of them don't think we deserve a chance or any right to be in their heavenly/spiritual realms. They don't want us there. If chaos in society still reigns, then the way is blocked for those without morality. The more that tip the balances towards materialism and darkness the closer we come to destruction, as entire species. What is scary, is we can see it coming - but can't seem to do anything to stop it.

The bright flame of faith is dimming...

Christ came to preach a new way. He didn't want these heavenly spiritual realms blocked to us, so he came to remind us of how you live, so that you can deserve to go there - home. Rather than following in the old way, the way of Yahweh, which was harsh, unforgiving, and unfair; Christ came to show the way of light and love and his Father is very, very different than the one portrayed in the OT.

~ Serra

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Christianity and Religion are not at all the same thing.

Christianity is a religion. There are lots of religions. Buddhism, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Christianity, Jainism, Sikhism, Baha'i, Scientology. These are all religions. If Christianity is not a religion, someone had better let the governments of the world know, so they can remove the tax-exempt status of Christian places of worship.

My family and many others are non practicing Christians, as most of my friends, in fact hard to find otherwise

I disagree. Yes, you may not be a practicing Christian. But try telling the Westboro Baptist, the Vatican, Willow Creek pastors, and other church figures that they're not "practicing" Christians. You, again, confuse your own personal experience, with universal law.

Anyone aware of the corruption in the world and able to see through control renounces religions, but not even the black market crowd we knew renounced Christ

I renounced Christ. And God. And Christianity. And even Buddhism eventually. I no longer needed a crutch on which to support myself, when I learned to walk.

And Christians and Buddhists out of the religions are indeed the most Loving

Wiccans are extremely tolerant, loving, understanding, and supportive of individual freedoms. Druids and Jains cannot even kill sentient living things (like animals, or insects). The Baha'i, due to their belief in the All-Spirit, cannot commit harm of any kind, on anything, because they are hurting themselves.

Christians kill homosexuals, non-Christians, Muslims, and more. Buddhists are engaged in a war to re-enact the Dalai Lama, who would instill slavery and the caste system all over again. Hardly the "most loving." You're not only ignorant of religions, but also intolerant of other religions.

They are not Sharia which is absolute evil

Prove that Sharia is any more evil, then all of the laws laid out in Leviticus.

And when you quote the distortions and ugly parts of the bible, its like this either a person can look and try to find the metaphor, or its an ugly LIE written by the PTB and their pscyhotic anti human, smiting, warring god, because they are demons in training. Unless they repent, equalize everything in this world and step down

The Bible is the foundation of Christianity. Christianity is the only place in which Jesus exists. Without the Bible, there would be no Jesus, as no other document (historic or otherwise) promotes his existence/teachings, without being related to the Bible in some major way.

You've confused spirituality for Jesus. Get your facts straight, and maybe we'll have something to talk about.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
What is a Christian? Fred Phelps says that he is a Christian. But so does Obama, Romney and the Pope.

There are so many flavors of Christianity, threads like this confuse me more than anything.

Not all forms of Christianity even accept the G*d of the Old Testament as true divinity. Yes, there is that much variation in belief.

Without any more specificity, threads like this seem to be the result of misguided over-generalizations.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

What does Light have to do with darkness? Nothing.

To open with, light has everything to do with darkness. One exemplifies the other. When there is much light, darkness becomes scarce. When there is little light, darkness becomes more potent. Light and darkness, however, have nothing to do with religion, as they are scientifically understood.

The person caught up in the homosexual lifestyle has been handed over to it by God. This judgment is simple...

The Bible says that homosexuality is wrong. But it also says you cannot wear fabric of blended fibers. Or eat shellfish. Or work on Saturdays and Sundays. You also should punish the victim of rape, and not the rapist himself. According to the Bible you should also keep slaves, and beat them to within an inch of their lives. The Bible also says God created light, and day/night before he made the sun, which governs light/dark and the periods of day/night. The Bible also says women are made from ribs, and you are made from dust and breath; last time I checked, baby girls don't pop out of father's ribs, and baby boys don't emerge from dust. The Bible also says the earth is supported by pillars, and has four corners which can be seen from a tall mountain.

So, why would you believe something else the Bible says, when all of that is wrong? In case you want to pull the Old Testament vs. New Covenant trick, as well. I give you this: Matthew 5:18, where Jesus informs us every law, and decree of the Old Testament is valid until the end of time:

"I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

Why would a Christian, who knows that they were created by the Creator, believe in the theory of evolution?

Why wouldn't you believe in Mesopotamian, Hindu, Egyptian, Buddhist, or Shinto creation? They all say we were created as well. What makes your creation so special? I think they're all equally implausible, and immature.

Biblical morality guided our nation's laws for the past 200 hundred years

Not this junk again. HERE is a nice discussion on the non-Christian foundation of America. We're not a Christian nation, and no matter how hard you scream into the void that we are, we will never be.

Since the rest of your post purports that Christ has been the cornerstone of everything, my above link destroys it, as Christ is just a religious figure, like every other religious figure. He has no more legitimacy than Ani of Egypt, or Moses of Judaism. When you're willing to discuss the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and how Christians are removing him from his rightful place in the life of Americans, we'll talk again.

~ Wandering Scribe

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join