It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coming Paradigm Shift in Religion and Faith

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
What if faith became fact?

I will assume four things:

1) We have and eventual 3.5-7 years of tribulation to pass through.
2) 1000 remain for life on Earth to heal and express potential.
3) Christ returns and governs the Earth with a rule of peace and the end of war. The law is love. Hearts are changed by faith becoming fact.
4) All questions will be answered by Christ about our past, what's behind the veil and our future path.

Forget arguing the above. Just simply speak as if this hope were verified today.

--Assuming we are focusing on the beginning of 1000 years of peace, how would your attitude toward the Bible and God change if faith became a verified fact today and you know you would be born again into the new kingdom of Earth?

--What if some event made it abundantly clear that everything in the Bible is true? What things would change about you today if this happened?

--How would you feel if all corrupt and evil people were either changed or removed from the Earth? I'm not talking about the average confused citizen. I'm referring to the intentionally evil corrupters of mankind.

No posts from me. This is all I will say in this thread. I am simply curious how people would answer the questions.

My answer: I would welcome the leadership and wisdom of a God that governs the universe and his kingdom with justice and the requirement of love as the only law. I would be saddened that so many failed to see the value in protecting this law above all else. I would be relieved that we had finally moved past the trials of learning both sides of the law (Love and Tyranny). Living in 1000 years of peace, apart from the tyranny caused by breaking the law, would be a welcome change. In saying this, I fully realize that I am equally accountable to the law love and its requirements. Ultimately, grace, mercy and forgiveness was a gift of value I would never forget, assuming my life in Christ allows me to see this new day and age with a resurrected existence.

Looking back, I would value the reflecting points of my own life lived.

edit on 21-6-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Yeah, this is the goood stuff.....

Always the same rhetoric: "now, you are all sinners! but some day the jesus-man will come back and bring you all on line with the real believe, not those fake ones the church down the street tells you!"

oh come on, we have heard it over and over again and it doesn't get any better. How about some new offerings? Maybe 72 virgins, some other religion made really good progress with conversions by giving out those virgins?

No, really: enough with this religious mumbo-jumbo. IF jesus would return, the first thing he would do would be closing ALL of your churches, as they all are sin-temples, lead by sinners, running on moneymaking. YOU would be the first to burn. We heathens would smile, convert and say "ooops, sorry for those sins we did before, we will do better now, we didn't know about them!". And jesus and god would have to accept this as they are always presented as forgiving.

So, who is your god now?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Where did this timeline come from?

The same book that said Jesus would come back within the lifetime of his followers?

When this "new and improved" timeline of events falls flat, have fun employing circular logic to justify Biblical teachings, and ensure the obvious error wasn't really an error at all.

Christians have been doing it as long as they've existed. When a prophecy once again doesn't come to pass, make up an excuse.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

It is coming. And most of the people on earth are going to die. The Guidestones reflect what Revelation already told you.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtap66
Where did this timeline come from?

The same book that said Jesus would come back within the lifetime of his followers?
When this "new and improved" timeline of events falls flat, have fun employing circular logic to justify Biblical teachings, and ensure the obvious error wasn't really an error at all.

Christians have been doing it as long as they've existed. When a prophecy once again doesn't come to pass, make up an excuse.

link? Really, you do not know what you are talking about. Prove me wrong with a quote from said book or stop talking out of your neck hole.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

www.dbskeptic.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.dbskeptic.com...

"Jesus was wrong"

"Even more astonishingly, a prophecy from the very lips of Jesus himself about the Second Coming of the Son of Man (God’s messianic heavenly agent, i.e. Jesus) failed to materialize. Jesus told his disciples that their generation would see his apocalyptic return before they died.

The Synoptic gospels all relate a common prophecy of Jesus to his disciples: “I tell you this: there are some of those standing here who will not taste death before they have seen the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.” (Matthew 16:28). Also, referring to the end times, “I tell you this: the present generation will live to see it all” (Matthew 24:34, Mark 13:30 and Luke 21:32). In response to his disciples’ question of what will be the signs of the end of the age and his coming kingdom, Jesus tells them that there will be wars, famine, earthquakes, persecution, lawlessness, false prophets, the gospel will be proclaimed throughout the world, and the temple destroyed. The Son of Man will then come like lightning, the sun and moon will be darkened, stars will fall from the sky, the celestial powers will be shaken, peoples of the world will lament, and then he will come on the clouds of heaven with great power and glory. With a trumpet blast his angels will gather his chosen ones and he will sit on his throne in judgement, consigning sinners to eternal punishment and the righteous to eternal life (Matthew chapters 24 & 25). Jesus warns his disciples that “when you see all these things, you may know that the end is near, at the very door.” (Matthew 24:33).

Yet Jesus’ Second Coming as he prophesized did not happen. There were no apocalyptic heavenly events in first century Palestine or elsewhere. The first century generation, whom he said would see it all happen, died. The end of the world did not occur. Life went on. If the second person of the Holy Trinity could not get it right, what does this say about all the subsequent prophecies about the end times? And what does this say about the reliability of God’s infallible word in the Bible?"

edit on 21-6-2012 by jtap66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Yeah, so I'll just keep talking out of my neck-hole.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

3) Christ returns and governs the Earth with a rule of peace and the end of war. The law is love. Hearts are changed by faith becoming fact.
4) All questions will be answered by Christ about our past, what's behind the veil and our future path.

Forget arguing the above. Just simply speak as if this hope were verified today.

--Assuming we are focusing on the beginning of 1000 years of peace, how would your attitude toward the Bible and God change if faith became a verified fact today and you know you would be born again into the new kingdom of Earth?

--What if some event made it abundantly clear that everything in the Bible is true? What things would change about you today if this happened?

--How would you feel if all corrupt and evil people were either changed or removed from the Earth? I'm not talking about the average confused citizen. I'm referring to the intentionally evil corrupters of mankind.

No posts from me. This is all I will say in this thread. I am simply curious how people would answer the questions.

My answer: I would welcome the leadership and wisdom of a God that governs the universe and his kingdom with justice and the requirement of love as the only law. I would be saddened that so many failed to see the value in protecting this law above all else. I would be relieved that we had finally moved past the trials of learning both sides of the law (Love and Tyranny). Living in 1000 years of peace, apart from the tyranny caused by breaking the law, would be a welcome change. In saying this, I fully realize that I am equally accountable to the law love and its requirements. Ultimately, grace, mercy and forgiveness was a gift of value I would never forget, assuming my life in Christ allows me to see this new day and age with a resurrected existence.

Not sure. I would start by looking at what really happened in my life from all points of views to figure out if some people where so lost as I think they where. Am I getting an amnesia so I start over or do I still have the current ego mind I have now? Will I feel harmony with everything around me and see everything else with loving eyes? What would happen to the ego minds/souls/spirits who did not understand? Will god be on gods ideal behaviour or are we talking about a god with ego? Will it be my mind who is in charge or my soul/spirit? Are you asking my mind or my spririt?
edit on 21-6-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four
reply to post by EnochWasRight

It is coming. And most of the people on earth are going to die. The Guidestones reflect what Revelation already told you.

I am not sure about that most people on earth are going to die. But I do think something is going on that is unusual. Or maybe this runs in cycles and people all over the word synchronises sometimes (Seing synchronicity?)? Have it ever happened before at it's current size of numbers?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well, which clan is going to get beamed up by Scotty? Will it be the Bible Bashers hoping to come face to face with their racist Jewish meglamaniac dwarf or will it be the New Agers hoping to be amongst the Very Important People on 5D Earth, rubbing shoulders with other special people from the Galactic Federation of Light?

Who gives a damn about the billions who will perish when there's a better dimension awaiting the chosen ones?

Maybe there will be a fight at the exit between Team Jesus and Team Me Myself and I.

Who will win? Who is the strongest? Who loves the most? Does Team Jesus love Jesus the most or does Team Me Myself and I love themselves the most? That is the question.

Or is it? Who are the winners and losers? The winners are always the ones who do not sell their soul to an ulterior motive. I'm happy to be in Team Earth.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
To me my faith is fact and i would continue to feel grief and suffering for those that are under strong delusion.
I have taken the phrase love your enemies as you love yourself to heart and with that comes the great pain of seeing ones that i love that would gladly take my life i see them not being a part of something great.That's the part that hurts the most.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
To me my faith is fact and i would continue to feel grief and suffering for those that are under strong delusion.
I have taken the phrase love your enemies as you love yourself to heart and with that comes the great pain of seeing ones that i love that would gladly take my life i see them not being a part of something great.That's the part that hurts the most.

Said like a true cult follower desperate to rope in any passing vulnerables.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFogHorn

Call it what you will.
I am very desperate for mankind to open their hearts and to give love a chance and believe that a man has already loved you so much that he gave his perfected life so we could overcome our unperfect ways by accepting his sacrifice as our everlasting salvation.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

The way I see it, faith IS fact! You sound like a new age occultist. Keep the world population under a billion and all that. Didn't you say something along the lines of "So long and thanks for all the fish."? According to Jesus, the teaching of the law and the prophets are summed up in TWO commandments, the first being LOVE GOD WITH YOUR WHOLE BEING, the second is like it, have as much love for others as you do for yourself. So, since Jesus said that our love for others should be LIKE hate compared to our love for Jesus, God did not punish Job when Job said that he hated his life, and I'm sure Job wasn't lying about that, but God instead counted Job righteous for speaking the truth about Him. Jesus is clear that if people don't forgive others, then neither will they be forgiven, He said blessed are the merciful, for they wll obtain mercy.
You CAN NOT expect to count on God's grace, mercy and forgiveness IF you are not worthy of it, IF you are not willing to count the COST!
Isaiah 26:10 Though grace is shown to the wicked, they do not learn righteousness; even in a land of uprightness they go on doing evil and regard not the majesty of the LORD.
I don't believe in "free gifts", Jesus said to LABOR for the Bread of Life, Jesus' words and teachings!
And Jesus said, that him who adheres to the least of the law and teaches others to do likewise...well, you should know the rest!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Call it what you will.
I am very desperate for mankind to open their hearts and to give love a chance and believe that a man has already loved you so much that he gave his perfected life so we could overcome our unperfect ways by accepting his sacrifice as our everlasting salvation.

I am very desperate for all the hundreds of thousands of obese methane producing Jesus worshippers to stop binge eating and lose weight due to realising Jesus is dead and that even if he did come back he'd be pretty disturbed at how his fan club had slipped so badly into utter laziness due to the prospect of complete forgiveness and an afterlife. Phew! That was a mouthful! Please don't eat it!

in a 1998 study that those states with large numbers of persons professing a religious affiliation had higher than average numbers of obese people. In the new study, he breaks this down by specific creed, and reports that whereas 1 one percent or less of those embracing the Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist or other non-Christian religions qualify as obese, the numbers of the markedly overweight rise dramatically the further one goes toward the Christian fundamentalist end of the spectrum: around 17 percent of Catholics, 18 percent of Methodists, 20 percent of Pentecostal and Assemblies of God parishioners, and a striking 27 percent of Baptists, including the Southern, North American and Fundamentalist wings. calorielab.com...

edit on 21-6-2012 by TheFogHorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

lol Either way i love you friend!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

lol Either way i love you friend!

Hopefully you will love life too without superstition when it finally dawns on you that you've devoted yourself to a defunct volcano god.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders

The way I see it, faith IS fact! You sound like a new age occultist. Keep the world population under a billion and all that. Didn't you say something along the lines of "So long and thanks for all the fish."? According to Jesus, the teaching of the law and the prophets are summed up in TWO commandments, the first being LOVE GOD WITH YOUR WHOLE BEING, the second is like it, have as much love for others as you do for yourself. So, since Jesus said that our love for others should be LIKE hate compared to our love for Jesus, God did not punish Job when Job said that he hated his life, and I'm sure Job wasn't lying about that, but God instead counted Job righteous for speaking the truth about Him. Jesus is clear that if people don't forgive others, then neither will they be forgiven, He said blessed are the merciful, for they wll obtain mercy.
You CAN NOT expect to count on God's grace, mercy and forgiveness IF you are not worthy of it, IF you are not willing to count the COST!
Isaiah 26:10 Though grace is shown to the wicked, they do not learn righteousness; even in a land of uprightness they go on doing evil and regard not the majesty of the LORD.
I don't believe in "free gifts", Jesus said to LABOR for the Bread of Life, Jesus' words and teachings!
And Jesus said, that him who adheres to the least of the law and teaches others to do likewise...well, you should know the rest!

Whos law are we talking about? The law of man or higher ideals like service to all by all? We have a egocorrupted system with money and manipulation from the top of a power pyramid that humanity have created against all higher ideals that only create missary/waste for the most of humanity and nature. Forgive me if I do not care about people in power wanting secracy and control. Their laws are not my laws and if I want to break them I will with clean conciousness and pay the small karma I get if I do wrong. You should be able to see the connection between all laws and higher ideal. If they are not then they are not right no matter how many people think they are.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

Whos law are we talking about? The law of man or higher ideals like service to all by all? We have a egocorrupted system with money and manipulation from the top of a power pyramid that humanity have created against all higher ideals that only create missary/waste for the most of humanity and nature. Forgive me if I do not care about people in power wanting secracy and control. Their laws are not my laws and if I want to break them I will with clean conciousness and pay the small karma I get if I do wrong. You should be able to see the connection between all laws and higher ideal. If they are not then they are not right no matter how many people think they are.
"higher ideals like service to all?" Whose ideal is THAT?
Jesus replied, "The Scriptures say, 'You must worship the LORD your God and serve only him.'" -Luke 4:8

Why are you telling me to forgive you for not caring about people? You haven't done me any wrong by your disregard for Jesus' teachings. The Scriptures say, 'If you become wise, you will be the one to benefit. If you scorn wisdom, you will be the one to suffer.' -Proverbs 9:12
I'm not against you breaking laws, nor am I for you, Jesus will deal with you about that.
And what "connection" are you talking about? What point are you trying to make? You can nullify what Jesus said all you want, but remember, Jesus studied Scripture, and quoted from it, ask yourself WHY He did what He did, I don't think he had that "pay the small karma if I get if I do wrong." mentality.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

"higher ideals like service to all?" Whose ideal is THAT?
Jesus replied, "The Scriptures say, 'You must worship the LORD your God and serve only him.'" -Luke 4:8

Why are you telling me to forgive you for not caring about people? You haven't done me any wrong by your disregard for Jesus' teachings. The Scriptures say, 'If you become wise, you will be the one to benefit. If you scorn wisdom, you will be the one to suffer.' -Proverbs 9:12
I'm not against you breaking laws, nor am I for you, Jesus will deal with you about that.
And what "connection" are you talking about? What point are you trying to make? You can nullify what Jesus said all you want, but remember, Jesus studied Scripture, and quoted from it, ask yourself WHY He did what He did, I don't think he had that "pay the small karma if I get if I do wrong." mentality.

Test reading the bible with the idea that god is a groupname for all soul, a manifistation of the all that exist instead of calling it lord. When I am a servent of all including myself then I am serving god. When I am nice to my neighbour I am in fact by proxy being nice to god. Jesus and Buddhas teaching are for me the same. I love Jesus and I love buddha and all other enlightened beings. How can I not. They are not servents of ego anymore and can find their way home with time and with gods help. I know the law of One. Everything is ONE and all is connected. What you do to others you do to yourself in the same degree. I do not need any other law since all laws should be able to pinpoint to that law. The above is my total disrespect for the laws that humans are creating around ous both in religious dogma and court system that is sometimes of ego and therefor antichristian/satanic/ego parasitic (not the religon the spiritually enlightning).
edit on 23-6-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

top topics

<<   2 >>

join