It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

21 Pictures That Restore Your Faith In Humanity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Good stuff! The baby and the cat in a swing! LOVE IT!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I went through all the trouble of dressing my little sister up as a ninja just so I'd have an excuse to cry. Then I realized we had no onions.

edit on 21-6-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

Faith in humanity: Restored
edit on 21-6-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
reply to post by Alyssa

Im sorry. But no.
Cat's have personalities and people are friends with their animals for the most part. Not a useless act to the owner of that cat. Perhaps useless to you. Not everyone is a cat person.

Even still, one can stop the sex trade if one devoted resources to stopping it. Instead we wage illegal wars all over the middle east, and sell our souls to psychopathic elite bankers. As for transhumanism, that i assume will be an eventual possibility, but there are far more powerful things than technology, we have no idea what happens in the universe around us. I think i'd like to take my chances and see what humans can really do. If you infuse yourself with machine then you lose the ability to ascend into higher dimensions. I assume moving dimensions and having access to all information ever is much cooler than what our primitive species can cook up to enhance ourselves.
edit on 21/6/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

I agree, the previous poster spouts transhumanism as if its her religion! Nothing else matters, and this entity acts like a borg......People like that scare the heck out of me..They have no human empathy....

Cats have a purpose, as with all species believe it or not....transhumanism is not the answer......
And thank you for this post.....S&F

edit on 21-6-2012 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

I couldn't agree more. Our place is not with machines, they are our tools, and that is how they must remain. Machines may get as complex as the physical human body, but will never grasp the full power of conciousness, or tap into the 'ether' or to be able to probe the deepest depths of spirituality, lucid dreaming, the akashic records, etc. Even combining them to increase human capability, i would only recommend it for people who require it.

"Here you go, now you have a brand new robotic eye that interfaces with your visual cortex and frontal lobe, allowing for greater memory access and enhances infrared HUD vision. Also we put a back door in, that allows us to listen, watch, and control almost every action you do or to shut down if so please"

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Beautiful.

S&F for posting a thread for the sole purpose of making people smile.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Why didn't you use this one it is much better than the cat ones.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

I thought the cat looking in the eye's of his rescuer was really great, but then I've lived with cats all my life...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
No 3 is the saddest thing
all others are pretty much shallow for my standard

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NullVoid

I wouldn't say it was sad, maybe moving. Something you might see in a movie.

Regardless, when we are young we believe the entire world is like these pictures then we come to realize it's for the majority, the complete opposite.

However, reading all the entries brought back some nostalgia to a naive youth, and maybe even a tear or two.

Worthy thread.

S&F

Not one to go all soft hearted, but sometimes a simple act of humour or kindness goes a long way.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
S+F for this. There has been so much negativity going on around us lately that it is easy to forget that not everything is bad. Thanks for sharing this and making me remember why I still try. Awesome thread!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

It worked ! Thank you, AzureSky.....

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith

It worked ! Thank you, AzureSky.....

Glad i could help.
Helping people smile is something i like to do

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by NullVoid

I wouldn't say it was sad, maybe moving. Something you might see in a movie.

Regardless, when we are young we believe the entire world is like these pictures then we come to realize it's for the majority, the complete opposite.

However, reading all the entries brought back some nostalgia to a naive youth, and maybe even a tear or two.

Worthy thread.

S&F

Not one to go all soft hearted, but sometimes a simple act of humour or kindness goes a long way.

I think I prefer to use sad on the 3rd pic, moving much more suited to other pics.

Its sad to see people who take care of us have to die doing it one more time. We cant say thank you to them because its not what they want. Its so sad. (The correct word is pity actually)

Cat on tree saved on same page of Fukushima volunteer ?

If we are not so emotional/sensitive, we will learn a bit more about life and make a better judgement.
Rational says - Throw sticks at the cat and it will jump down.
Rational also says - These old people need not to volunteer themselves to die, we will find another way.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

very nice. reminds me of this video that literally MADE ME CRY LIKE A LITTLE BABY

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
That reminds me of the occasional story here and there of a cease-fire called for Christmas.

I believe you are referring to this below, i never read this before and thankyou for jogging my memory! Here is another feel good event people!
Source

Christmas truce was a series of widespread unofficial ceasefires that took place along the Western Front around Christmas 1914, during the World War I. Through the week leading up to Christmas, parties of German and British soldiers began to exchange seasonal greetings and songs between their trenches; on occasion, the tension was reduced to the point that individuals would walk across to talk to their opposite numbers bearing gifts. On Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, many soldiers from both sides – as well as, to a lesser degree, from French units – independently ventured into "no man's land", where they mingled, exchanging food and souvenirs. As well as joint burial ceremonies, several meetings ended in carol-singing. Troops from both sides were also friendly enough to play games of football with one another.

Just more proof that the ones calling the shots and the ones actually firing the shots are different people. I wish they taught this in history class when i was in highschool.

Actually one of the main things that stand out from my memory of history in high school was learning that on Christmas Day the British and Germans played football together.

Even back then, it made me question why the war ever happened- British and Germans had no reason to hate each other.

I still insist that the vast majority of us are good, loving people, it's the people in charge controlling events that turn us against each other.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Thanks OP, this as helped me in a time life seems rougher than anytime in the past. I shed a little tear, it must be said! Thanks again, star + flag for you!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join