It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natwest/Royal Bank of Scotland Have Not Been Processing Payments for 48 Hours Now

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

There are certain rules to storing fuel in the UK. Firstly it has to be stored in an independant building to that of which you sleep and also you have to keep it in containers that are approved. Also there is a limit as to how much you can store. Telling people to store Gasoline without informing them of the proper precautions is a little bit irresponsible.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I believe that would be the last time I had money deposited into that bank...

Common sense. Don't get caught with your pants down. You should always have access to your money. The first time that you do not... find another bank.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MattC

was it transfered by optical?

if yes ,, definetly, sun spot proton , interference.
if optical.
just a little bug in the system

we'll be right back,,

lol
told ya.
optical,,= bad,,,,,
a computer guy.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Well, thankfully I haven't been affected by this 'glitch', even though I bank with NatWest. However, that changes at the start of business today. While this may be exactly what they claim it to be; a simple computer error, I'm not willing to take that chance.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
I forgot to mention, they are still more than happy to diduct from your account when payments leave though.

Figures, purhaps all the citizens should atleast try to impose some legal actions against said bank? This is wh my bank is my safe, alas if the banks fall i will be alriht until they deworthatize the dollar fully.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by MattC

was it transfered by optical?

if yes ,, definetly, sun spot proton , interference.
if optical.
just a little bug in the system

we'll be right back,,

lol
told ya.
optical,,= bad,,,,,
a computer guy.

Err.... no. It was transferred via TCP/IP using the RoyLine software either via dial-up or ISDN. The company I was contracted with still used the dial-up method which created the multitude of problems as they were transferring thousands upon thousands of transactions across each night over a very flimsy connection. This was a source of some ache as well as the connections were prone to dropping meaning we would have to re-establish and re-download the files that failed. This added a small delay to processing files although was often resolved before it caused any issues.

Optical?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Situation still ongoing with no real date/time as to when everything will be back to normal.
Although there is a comment that the actual problem with the system was now fixed, there is a back log..

It may be that they are only saying that in order to calm everyone down and make it look good..

A few snippets stand out though, one of those being the amount of people affected by this;

NatWest has 7.5 million personal banking customers.

The bank did not say how many people had been affected across the group, but Ulster Bank said that 100,000 of its customers had been affected by "a major technical issue".

"We are working hard to minimise the impact and will ensure that those who are affected do not suffer any financial loss," Ulster Bank said in a statement.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Whereas Yahoo reckons their is around 12 million affected.. how they came to this number we can only guess...

Up to 12 million Natwest and Royal Bank of Scotland (LSE: RBS.L - news) customers are still unable to pay bills, move money or get their salaries after a computer glitch froze their bank accounts.

Technical issues with its computers has now meant that payments in or out of accounts had not been made since Wednesday evening.

uk.finance.yahoo.com...
The Yahoo report was from 2 hours and 37 minutes ago ATOP..

As for the problem being fixed...

The underlying technical issue has now been resolved, according to a source within RBS.

However the inconvenience to customers is likely to continue throughout Friday as staff try to clear the backlog.

The weekend will provide a breathing space to update payments in and out of accounts, although there is no guarantee that everything will be back to normal by Monday.

www.bbc.co.uk...

The BBC had posted this early this morning, but as it says it has been updated it does not say when it was originally posted or what any updates were.

Yahoo has this to say;

Natwest said that an "update was imminent" but that there was still problems with its system that has prevented customers from getting up-to-date balance and from making payments.

Lack of communication? BBC getting news first? or just simple lazy reporting on the 'fixed' side of the story..

Looks like this is gonna hit a lot of people really hard and Natwest/RBS etc may be seeing a lot of claims for compensation real soon..

I reckon you should all go to your local branch and close the account.. withdraw all your money.. tell them that any money due to go in should be forwarded to your chosen location..
let them work for their wage, then let the banks fall as they'll have no customers.. or money..

Just an idea..

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

We had a similiar vote last year with all the Shinaneggans the big banks in the US were playing. I walked my accounts out the door to a small independent community bank. If everyone pulled the money from the big banks they would get the message and leave them more time to rip off their corporate customers. LOL

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I cannot imagine why on earth anyone could not think there will be a bank run on this bank. Conspiracy or not, i would be at the branch office demanding my money in cash immediately. Anyone who would be ok with this is out of their mnd, conspiracy or not.

I just wonder if it is a bank run thats causing the problen in the first place. "ah yes, the technical issue is that we havent built a printing press yet!"

Why is it that banks charge us overdraft charges if we dont have money for thrm but its ok if its them that doesnt have our money

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Just been into Natwest. I get paid in a few days and the lady said they still arent sure when the 'technical difficulty' will be fixed. What I don't understand is if it is a problem with their systems why would it affect other banks which aren't under the RBS banner?

I also asked her about the downgrade by moodys and if she thought the UK banking industry was about to implode. She just gave a nervous laugh... It does make you wonder. Perhaps things are a lot worse than they are making out.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I'm an Ulster Bank customer and as yet this still hasn't been fixed. I should have received funds yesterday and I'm still waiting. None of my weekly standing orders have gone through, although any card or ATM transactions have been deducted. Thankfully, I run a tight ship and I'm usually well stocked at home so don't have the 'bare cupboard' problem, I'd be in big poo right now if I didn't and I really feel for those that are.

reply to post by grubblesnert

Agree absolutely. I do hope people take this as a lesson learned to be prepared, although when you're surviving (can't call it living) from week to week on either a small paycheck or a welfare payment it can be very hard to build up even just a weeks supply of what you need. I also have a small amount of cash saved in the credit union that I can fall back on if this isn't resolved soon, but I'd rather not touch that if at all possible.

This situation has certainly opened my eyes to being even more prepared. Imagine the chaos if this 'glitch' was affecting banks worldwide ...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I also experienced this in Canada with my bank.

Payments that were supposed to have come out on the 15th (even automatic ones) didn't come out until the 20th.

Is there some sort of glitch within the worldwide banking system going on?

Clearing house for Canada is (I think) Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) for these types of transactions.

Not coincidentally, another one of the banks which got downgraded by Moody's.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I'm wondering if a class action lawsuit will result?

I wonder how much money they'll make in "bank fees" and "NSF charges" during this time that money coming IN to the bank wasn't reported but money going OUT of the bank was?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I'm a Natwest customer and having seen this on the news I went into my branch to check money and so on.
I got paid today and wanted to put some in my savings account and obviously (as everyone else has experienced) nothing was showing on my current account.

I was £10 away from going over my overdraft and had to draw money out for food etc etc..... so I am now over my overdraft.

The lady assured me that although "technically" I would be over my overdraft I would not actually be charged as they are "Guaranteeing" that no customers are "out of pocket" because of this.

Having seen more on the news and read some things online.... I am thinking I should have taken my money (savings account) out and kept it at home.

Hmmmmm

She said that although the money isn't showing up in the account, they can still access it if people come into the branch....

BUT

She had to look and check that I regularly get paid on (or around) this date.... having seen that I do, she then let me have my money.

This seems a little odd and if it's not sorted by Monday, I will be emptying my account.

What a joke man
edit on 22/6/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Hey I think I worked it out! (Real names disguised and a purely fictional conversation)

R'BS uses Twi!!er as its transfer method....
When Twi!!er went down, so did the R'BS banking network?

'Fictional Conversation'
#R'BS: Sent you some money #NatWerst
#NatWerst: You sent it to #BratWerst you dorks!!
#R'BS: We are positive we sent it to you! Must have been #TangoDown messing with our transmission?
#NatWerst: Face --> Palm
#R'BS: Do you guys still have your old 9600bps modem?
#NatWerst: Face --> Palm X 2
R.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This sounds like a "Bank Holiday on the sly" Bad news today with the moody's downgrade so they are trying to prevent bank runs.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
I'm a Natwest customer and having seen this on the news I went into my branch to check money and so on.
I got paid today and wanted to put some in my savings account and obviously (as everyone else has experienced) nothing was showing on my current account.

I was £10 away from going over my overdraft and had to draw money out for food etc etc..... so I am now over my overdraft.

The lady assured me that although "technically" I would be over my overdraft I would not actually be charged as they are "Guaranteeing" that no customers are "out of pocket" because of this.

Having seen more on the news and read some things online.... I am thinking I should have taken my money (savings account) out and kept it at home.

Hmmmmm

She said that although the money isn't showing up in the account, they can still access it if people come into the branch....

BUT

She had to look and check that I regularly get paid on (or around) this date.... having seen that I do, she then let me have my money.

This seems a little odd and if it's not sorted by Monday, I will be emptying my account.

What a joke man
edit on 22/6/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

Sounds like the situation has not been fixed and they are pretending they can see an updated bank balance etc.

Very shady.

I wonder if some "creative" individuals will be going into branches with some nice fibs and taking cash that is not there

edit on 22-6-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Would be nice. I dont think Natwests legal team would be too happy though!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I too am with Nat West. My wages were due to be paid today. My manager released the funds into my account at 2:00pm. By 2:10pm they were showing on my online account.

Seems I am not experiencing the same problems? Strange?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Bridge_Boy

If it is paid directly into your bank it will show I think.

This problem is with bank transfers such as BACS payment, is that how you were paid? If so you must not be affected.

I am waiting for Mr Cameron making a statement at some point about this if it continues, if it is anything like his statement on the fuel earlier this year, I doubt there will be anything left of Natwest come next week if they resume normality.

I am with RBS and have experienced no problems with my account.

This is also making opening an account impossible, I have been trying to setup a business account for the last few days without luck, it is also meaning that business banking customers cannot make payments correctly etc. Not just a customer problem, this could have a big impact if it goes on I think.
edit on 22-6-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join