It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC Ignoring Calls for Explaination in Wawa-Gate (Romney WAWA tape).

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The same network that manipulated the Zimmerman tape to make it look racial, and a Rick Perry tape to make it look racial, now manipulate a Romney tape to make him look like a dunce. I wouldn't call this a 'gaffe'. I'd call it more left wing partisan manipulation on the part of NBC in an election year. Does anyone in their right mind watch MSNBC ??

NBC Ignoring Calls for Explaination in WAWAGATE Gaffe

Three days after one of its highest-profile news anchors played manipulated video that made Mitt Romney appear out of touch with everyday voters, NBC officials seem content to let the controversy die down without an apology or explanation.

Other than issuing a terse, one-sentence statement late Tuesday afternoon, NBC has virtually ignored what the blogosphere dubbed “Wawagate.” The carefully-edited segment, aired on Monday's edition of "Andrea Mitchell Reports," spliced together a Romney speech, making it appear that he was expressing genuine amazement at a convenience store's use of technology to take sandwich orders. In reality, he was facetiously comparing the tech-savvy private sector to the clumsy government bureaucracy.

“All standards have gone out the window,” said Brent Bozell, president of the Media Research Center, which compared the edited MSNBC clip to unedited video of the rally on YouTube. “They are editing at will and it doesn’t matter that they are caught. My guess is that they will continue to do it,” Bozell added.

** Not sure if this is media or US political madness. It's kinda both ...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Considering the CEO of G.E. is one of Obama's "Czars" for some job, and G.E. owns NBC, they can do whatever they want.
Who'a gonna stop them? Haldren?
He's kinda busy right now.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Here is a side by side comparison:
(Andrea is so sweet isn't she ?)

She reminds me of a glue trap

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I hate the MSM, but I don't see what the fuss is about here. They edited out the parts that were not about Wawa which actually did him a favour. His speeches are all over the place, he starts with some irrelavent story and then confuses himself and gets sidetracked into a telling a few more irrelavent stories whilst he tries to remember what the hell he was talking about to begin with. Its like listening to a meth addict

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seagle
I don't see what the fuss is about here.

More partisan selective editing by MSNBC in order to feed their agenda.
They don't give the news as it is ... they reshape it and make it unrecognizable.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Seagle

They edited out the parts that actually explained what he was talking about. The speech was about the inefficiencies in government and how the private sector has to be more efficient to compete. What they showed actually made him appear to be a moron.

Of course i wouldn't expect you to understand. In this day and age logic doesn't apply.
edit on 21-6-2012 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Democrats and Republicans are what is wrong with America. Stop the crazy train. End the madness. Stop voting for criminals, liars, and thieves and sodomites.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Those are our only options at the moment. If the American people rise up and take this country back then perhaps we would have a chance to make things right, with the public dumbed down the way it is, things will continue as they are.

new topics

top topics

join